Thread: Why do emails fail to send?

Why do emails fail to send?

Maybe not the most appropriate or interesting question to ask, but I really need to send an email right now, but can't, it keeps sending me a message saying that the email failed to deliver.
    Does anyone know the possible causes?

Maybe you mistyped the e-mail address? Check the spelling.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

I'm actually very flattered that you responded to my banal post, thanks, but no the email is writtn perfect. As pathetic as it sounds I'm worried I may have been blocked by this person (girl troubles, lame), or the account may have been deleted. So I was wandering how I could tell what the problem was.

I recieve an email a couple of minutes after sending, saying the following:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

*****@hotmail.com

then the message that I wrote.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Mad Max; 06-16-2005 at 02:05 PM.

you wont be notified by this return mail if you are blocked by the recipient.

maybe her mail quota has exceeded its limits.

Wannabebig Member
    Could be a spam prevention method on their servers blocking your domain name. I know I have had some problems getting to certain e-mail addresses due to this problem.

What are you sending from (@what?)

I'm sending from hotmail (@hotmail.com). I've sent lots of emails before to this adress, but never had this problem before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max
    I'm sending from hotmail (@hotmail.com). I've sent lots of emails before to this adress, but never had this problem before.
    i've had problems with hotmail the last couple of days i can't seem to send any emails either!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

want a gmail invite, anyone?..lol

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VasDeferens
    you wont be notified by this return mail if you are blocked by the recipient.
    True.

It may be sad to hear, but maybe she deleted her account and just started another one...

t may be sad to hear, but maybe she deleted her account and just started another one...
    Yeah that's kinda' what I was thinking. But doesn't your account expire when you don't use it for a certain period. I can't be bothered to explain the whole story, but I doubt she deleted her account, I reckon she just hasn't used it in ages ( I haven't heard from her in almost six weeks), so her account has probably expired. Anyone know anything about this?
    It is kinda' silly, and I should probably just call her, but she lives in another country and our favoured method of commuincation has always ben email, so to just call out of the blue for no paticular reason would be weird. We met on holiday a few years ago and....well, you know the rest. It's just frustrarting when pretty much your only way of communicating with eachother suddenly breaks down, it's like they no longer exist.

Yeah that's kinda' what I was thinking. But doesn't your account expire when you don't use it for a certain period. I can't be bothered to explain the whole story, but I doubt she deleted her account, I reckon she just hasn't used it in ages ( I haven't heard from her in almost six weeks), so her account has probably expired. Anyone know anything about this?
    Can you post a larger portion of the email you got saying it failed to deliver? If someone's account has expired or they don't exist at that domain, the error message will usually say something along the lines of "unknown user".

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    It is kinda' silly, and I should probably just call her, but she lives in another country and our favoured method of commuincation has always ben email, so to just call out of the blue for no paticular reason would be weird. We met on holiday a few years ago and....well, you know the rest. It's just frustrarting when pretty much your only way of communicating with eachother suddenly breaks down, it's like they no longer exist.
    Bah, hold on. I'll go kick her out of my bed and see what she says about it - she had a rough night last night, you know.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

********@hotmail.com

Those are the exact words, followed by the message that I wrote.

Sent by postmaster@hotmail.com

I tried sending a message to a made up email adress, and I got the same message as above, except it was sent from postmaster@mail.hotmail.com, which is different from the above adress, so I guess it may not be simply that the adress no longer exists.
    I really haven't a clue, f*cking emails.

Max I had this exact same issue with hotmail last week with someone, it was hotmail->hotmail and got bounced back as if the email didn't exist. Today she emailed me as if nothing was wrong, so it's just a hotmail problem.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by aidano
    Max I had this exact same issue with hotmail last week with someone, it was hotmail->hotmail and got bounced back as if the email didn't exist. Today she emailed me as if nothing was wrong, so it's just a hotmail problem.
    it had to be as i've had the same problem and sometimes still do!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Are you sending an attachment? It may be too big.

Did you try the Microsoft or MSN help sites? I'm sure those folks may have come across the problem before.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.