The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Last night.. but upon thinking about it, I was much too drunk to do anything even if I did realize it at the time.
    Philosophy is to the real world as masturbation is to sex - Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Strats
    Last night.. but upon thinking about it, I was much too drunk to do anything even if I did realize it at the time.
    Reason #1 to not get THAT drunk.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

lol some of these are funny!!

Hot girl throwing a house party: Hey you're really cool, wanna go to my room and take some shots?

Me: No thanks Im already pretty drunk.

My friend witnessed the entire thing and actually punched me in the face on the way to the car later that night.

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spencerjrus
    Hot girl throwing a house party: Hey you're really cool, wanna go to my room and take some shots?

Me: No thanks Im already pretty drunk.

My friend witnessed the entire thing and actually punched me in the face on the way to the car later that night.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George's date asks him up to her apt. for coffee at night. He declines stating coffee would keep him up all night if he had it now.

Banned
    Lol

Haha that was a good episode

The soup nazi one was on this week

My friends tell me all the time I miss things, but I'll still never get it. Once I missed one big time, but eventually made up for it:

I was out at a bar in NYC and was talking to this girl. We were making out and flirting and stuff. More than once, out of the blue, she would say "No, you can't go home with me." At first I thought she was just trying to head me off at the pass (pun intended). However, she said if four or five more times, right in the middle of conversations that had nothing to do with, really, anything.

Well, when she left she game me her phone # (score!). It was on a napkin and I put it in my pocket. When I got home, it had her # on it and also said: "Don't be such an idiot next time. You're cute!"

We eventually dated for a while (I should give her a call!) and had some good sex, but I sure missed out that one time.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Gah...I have a lot of these.

The one that really sticks out to me was one night up at this bar we go to a lot.

A friend and I were sitting in a corner table which was by a hallway that went back to the restrooms.

A group of people came in, and were standing near us. Well, this girl who was rather homely approached us with a really smoking hot blonde behind her-- she told us that a male friend had lost his phone and was wondering if I'd go check the men's room to see if he'd left it there.

I said what the hell. No sooner do I stand up, the blonde jumps in front of me and goes "hey I'll walk with you!" The bathroom is literally 15 feet away, mind you.

I went did all that...found no phone, walked back to the table. On the way back, I see the homely chick talking to my friend. He's got a huge grin on his face, then looks at me and cracks up laughing.

They told me thanks and all that, I sat back down. They walked off, and I asked my friend what he was laughing about. His exact words: "That big girl said her friend was looking to get laid tonight."

I wanted to kick myself.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by thalakos84
    Too busy with work, playing guitar, and working out to really have fun. Never had a girl come on to me. But I just recently finally sprouted some balls! I actually went up to a girl at work and asked her to lunch out of the blue. She was really hesitant but said yes finally. I found out she was that way because no one had ever done that to her. And I'd never done that. Hooray for balls!
    I wish i would sprout some balls when it comes to girls. Oh well.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHGAHAHA

If it's any comfort, I'd have wanted to kick you too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerManDL
    I said what the hell. No sooner do I stand up, the blonde jumps in front of me and goes "hey I'll walk with you!" The bathroom is literally 15 feet away, mind you.
    You probably saved yourself from 4 weeks of anti-biotics.
    Nothing but "classy" girls wanting to get laid by a stranger in the men's room.

And didja ever think maybe the fat chick was hitting on your friend?
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

I have the lamest story in the thread, but there's no way I'll share it.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

heh you share yours, ill share mine...

There is nothing lame about the misery of others.

Banned
    Nothing wrong with some good fun at your expense...not mine

Homer: Why are stories of degredation and humiliation so popular?
    Moe: I don't know. They just are.

Meh, I've had way too many of these as well.

On an opposite note, how many of you have had blatant sexual advances?

I was throwing a party at my house in Corpus Christi, and this girl I had met once before was sitting next to me on the couch. She looked at me, and straight-faced said "Wade, want to have sex with me in your room? I think we'd make great f*ck buddies."

That was total deer-in-headlights. It took me thirty seconds to actually get a coherent word out.

Quote Originally Posted by largelegsbuthot
    You probably saved yourself from 4 weeks of anti-biotics.
    Nothing but "classy" girls wanting to get laid by a stranger in the men's room.
    Nah I don't think it was like that...I think it was more along the lines of an excuse to start talking.

Which of course I didn't. Like I said, that was far from the only incident like that.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    I went to NYC with my boss/friend that was Argentinan.
    WE went to an Argentinan GOGO bar and I am totally digging this dancer and there is this other one is sitting next to me and I asked about her.. my spanish isn't that great and hearing is even worse apparently but...this other girl leans down and says"If you want I can spend some time with you. I blew her off and she walked away...
    My boss and uncle both slapped me in the back of my head.
    "You dumbass she woulda rode your ass right there in that chair"

hmmm.I still carry those scars.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatred
    I went to NYC with my boss/friend that was Argentinan.
    WE went to an Argentinan GOGO bar and I am totally digging this dancer and there is this other one is sitting next to me and I asked about her.. my spanish isn't that great and hearing is even worse apparently but...this other girl leans down and says"If you want I can spend some time with you. I blew her off and she walked away...
    My boss and uncle both slapped me in the back of my head.
    "You dumbass she woulda rode your ass right there in that chair"

hmmm.I still carry those scars.

In a go-go bar? That time woulda cost you buddy. At least $20 for the lap dance plus more for any "extras". And in NYC, unless you are flashing a ton of cash, you ain't gonna get much.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    GO-GO bar ..this isn't a white trash strip club dude.There is no nudity.
    There are no lap dances. This was a waitress. My uncle got play all night for free.
    If ever you doubt anything in life;don't doubt my game.
    I'm the guy that gets free lap dances. and real phone numbers.
    Scorch!
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

anyway back on track. i was stayign at a hostel and talking to this girl outside for ages having a nice convo, anyway it gets a bit late and we go back inside and she says that she really wants to see my room....

.....then im like 'what do you want to see mine for they are all exactly the same' and then i left

'you cant avoid confrontation in life. it just makes things more trouble down the road. sometimes you have to look at the bull and say "f--k you bull" and grab that bull by the horns'

-Shane

Quote Originally Posted by McBain
    anyway back on track. i was stayign at a hostel and talking to this girl outside for ages having a nice convo, anyway it gets a bit late and we go back inside and she says that she really wants to see my room....

.....then im like 'what do you want to see mine for they are all exactly the same' and then i left

lol, nicely done. I wish i could be this smooth.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.