The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

The most obvious come-on that YOU MISSED!!

You know, we have all had one those moments when in a sick twist of events a girl actually makes a move on YOU. But unfortunately the Gods above decides that it is EXACTLY the right time to grant you with a temporary ‘specialness’, so you end up missing what should be a totally clear home-run and end up looking more ******ed then a Down’s Syndrome kid trying to break-dance

So come on ( ), share your most obvious come-on that you missed!! Here's some of mine, just to get the ball rolling,

-----

I remember this one as if it happened yesterday. I was 17 and went to Rhodos (Greece) with my family during one summer vacation. I met this really nice chick who stayed at the same hotel as we did and we actually got along pretty well. One night we decide to go to this view-post close to the beach to check out the view. It was night time so it was pretty romantic, the beach right at our feet, the stars shining brightly and the moon was up. After a while it got kind of chilly there. She was wearing a bikini top and some skimpy shorts, so as we are sitting there, she starts rubbing her arms and says ; “I’m sooo cold…..’

I look at her and go : “I can keep you warm…..”

She lights up and looks into my eyes ; “Really….”

I get up, find an old blanket and wrap it around her.

----

This one was more recently,

Last semester at a party,this chick tells me how she’s up for anything, scribbles down her number on my hand and says :"Come to my place sometime, my roomie is out of town."

Me : *reindeer caught in the headlights* “Uh….uh……uhhhhh…..”"

Uhmmm….HELLO!!!!???!?? Mr Penis, are you there!!????
    Last edited by Praetorian; 06-18-2005 at 03:26 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

^ i think you need to lay off the crack pipe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian
    ^ i think you need to lay off the crack pipe
    I think your too disappointed with your reaction to what didn't happened to realize how slick you came off to these girls. They probably thought about you from time to time after they left Greece.

what's so wrong with picking up vibes from men?

by the way Praetorian Rhodes is beautiful i,I lived in Greece most of my life
    Last edited by getfit; 06-18-2005 at 04:35 AM.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    Nothing, it's the heavy signals which are turn offs.

sweet. but i thought rhodos was too windy. i liked kos much better.
    Last edited by Praetorian; 06-18-2005 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian
    sweet. but i thought rhodos was too windy. i liked kos much better.
    yep! i have a country home in Samos beautiful! haven't been back in Greece for a few years but it is very beautiful!

Oh and i'm greek by the way
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Banned
    I'll cut it short...Me and my Ex are sitting in her room watching a movie...and she goes damn its hot in here...you should take ur shirt off...so I do so...then she start tugging at my pants...I look at her kiss her and say nah its not that warm...Which it didnt hit me until after I left...I had just turned down some FUN!?!?! I was beating the hell outta myself for a long time...I seriously thought that she thought I was just warm...DAMN IT!

I have a very good story from when I was 20-21 years old.

I worked as a bouncer at the time and myself and a couple of other people from work decide to go hot tubbing. We went to some apartment complex in Scottsdale.

Now, I had been dieting for a show and was looking quite good at around 235 lbs.

Anyway, two of the other guys hooked up with some girls who had come along and I am sitting alone in the hot tub. This woman gets in who I recognize as a stripper (or later found out to be a stripper, I can't remember for sure).

So, we are sitting there and talking and eventually she invites me in to her apartment. She makes it a point to tell me her boyfriend is not around. She shows me all around her apartment.

I never got it....

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

men don't give vibes, here is a conversation.

Girl : "hey hows' it going?"

Guy : "you wanna do it?"
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianRocket
    men don't give vibes, here is a conversation.

Girl : "hey hows' it going?"

Guy : "you wanna do it?"
    really wow!

have you had success with that line?

gain 50lbs-Anthony

really wow!

have you had success with that line?
    I have a friend who used that line "You want to get some pizza and f**k?". He just toned it down and said "You wanna get some pizza, go back to my place and have sex with a true Irishman?" It was hilarious to watch him use it. What's amazing is, he's only decent looking, but he scored with it 3 times out of about 25 tries.

Probably the most obvious come on that I didn't take was when a bunch of us were riding back from a party somewhere, 6 of us in one car, and this girl who I'd only seen with mutual friends made a pretty clear effort to sit on my lap on the way back to her apartment. She kept deliberately wiggling on my crotch. So anyhoo, me and this other girl who's a friend of mine go up to that girls apartment and hang out for a while and I learn that girl is married to a soldier who's on TDY and they were getting a divorce. I go to the bathroom and I can hear them talking about me. Then I come out and that girl goes to the bathroom and my friend tells me if I want she'll leave because she knows that girl wants to put the moves on me. The girl comes out and the three of us talk a litlte while longer, then I leave when my friend leaves. As we're walking out that girl asks me to stay a little longer. I tell her I'm sleepy and was going home. It was flattering but pissed me off at the same time. Anyway, I left with my friend went home and passed out.

For the "Crap, I really wish I would have acted smoother in that situation" category, when I was 18 I worked at Baskin Robbins and this cute chick came in that went to my high school. I was making her sundae and she goes "I want whip cream, nuts, a cherry, and you on top" and I just sat there like a goof and went "uh..ok" and gave her her sundae. My co-workers teased me about it all week. But on the bright side, 2 years later I did get with that girl. lol
    Last edited by Shane; 06-20-2005 at 12:43 AM.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    I have a friend who used that line "You want to get some pizza and f**k?". He just toned it down and said "You wanna get some pizza, go back to my place and have sex with a true Irishman?" It was hilarious to watch him use it. What's amazing is, he's only decent looking, but he scored with it 3 times out of about 25 tries.

Probably the most obvious come on that I didn't take was when a bunch of us were riding back from a party somewhere, 6 of us in one car, and this girl who I'd only seen with mutual friends made a pretty clear effort to sit on my lap on the way back to her apartment. She kept deliberately wiggling on my crotch. So anyhoo, me and this other girl who's a friend of mine go up to that girls apartment and hang out for a while and I learn that girl is married to a soldier who's on TDY and they were getting a divorce. I go to the bathroom and I can hear them talking about me. Then I come out and that girl goes to the bathroom and my friend tells me if I want she'll leave because she knows that girl wants to put the moves on me. The girl comes out and the three of us talk a litlte while longer, then I leave when my friend leaves. As we're walking out that girl asks me to stay a little longer. I tell her I'm sleepy and was going home. It was flattering but pissed me off at the same time. Anyway, I left with my friend went home and passed out.

For the "Crap, I really wish I would have acted smoother in that situation" category, when I was 18 I worked at Baskin Robbins and this cute chick came in that went to my high school. I was making her sundae and she goes "I want whip cream, nuts, a cherry, and you on top" and I just sat there like a goof and went "uh..ok" and gave her her sundae. My co-workers teased me about it all week. But on the bright side, 2 years later I did get with that girl. lol

nice one shane! "whip cream,nuts.and a cherry on top"

gain 50lbs-Anthony

if it starts to get annoying Yes!
    Last edited by getfit; 06-18-2005 at 04:55 AM.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    I went to Maryland for business. Myself and 3 friends dropped the ball on three hot ass triplets. We pulled into a Blockbuster to pick up an XBox game when 3 hotties drove in with car trouble at the same time. We tried to help them, but it looked like a transmission problem. So then we went into the store, got our game, and came out. The girls were walking around the mini mall so we drove up and started talking to them. Well, one started asking all these questions...how old we were, specifics about where we were staying, a bunch of stuff. Then one of my buddies is like, "So you ladies decide what to do?" (implying the broken down car). The chick was like, "What we're doing TONIGHT?" NONE of us picked up on that and just left saying good luck. I never felt worse in my life.

Edited for fat fingers.
    Last edited by reloaded; 06-18-2005 at 08:20 AM.
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

Too many to count

Quote Originally Posted by twm
    Too many to count
    Agreed! I am and idiot when it comes to reading women. It's surprising I get any action at all.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

haha, I have a few stories like this, mostly from my younger days. I was clueless back then

Some times guys need to be hit on the head with a hammer to catch a hint. We can be a little thick at times. Even the less subtle come ons don't always trigger a reaction in the male brain. "Hey, wanna ****?" That one will work everytime for you ladies. Anything less than that, you are taking your chances.
    Last edited by meltedtime; 06-18-2005 at 09:27 AM.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

I have one about my friend (Im sure I have missed some but if I did, I STILL dont realize it).

We were at a friends house who was throwing a college party. Well, he comes in from having a cigarette, and a hot girl is on her way out and stops him in the hall...

"Hey, would you like to come out and have a smoke with me?"
    "Nah, I just had one"
    "Are you sure?"
    "Yeah, Im all set"

Now, Im standing right there, watching this stupidity but dont say anything... as soon as she walks away I bust out laughing at him
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    I have no idea, it might be my demeanor, but I tend to not have any attractive, or what I feel to be attractive girls, come on to me.

The most obvious come-on that YOU MISSED!!

My mates dog once tryed humping my leg.. he said it was just playing.. but i don't know....
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

This doesn't really count as a missed come-on since I was well aware of what was going on. I was just 14 at the time and had no experience with girls so I was just flat out too scared to make a move.

Anyway, I was at a friends house partying one night and I was just sitting on the couch ready to pass out. This older girl I hardly knew came and sat next to me and we talked for a little bit.. then she told me how tired she was and asked if I mind if she laid down. I told her I wouldn't mind at all, so she laid down and placed her head on my lap! I was kind of like a deer in the headlights at that point and I just froze up. All I had to do was say the word but I didn't. We fell asleep like that and when I woke up in the morning she was gone.

And I've never had an oppurtunity like that fall into my lap since...

happens all the time when im drunk... i usually lose my priorities while under the influence.
    MY RAW LIFTS
    OLD.........................................Current
    weight: 190..............................206
    Bench Press: 300lbs.......................?????
    Squat: 450lbs...............................?????
    Deadlift: 475..................................????
    Power Clean: 285lbs.......................?????

Body Under Construction thalakos84's Avatar
    Too busy with work, playing guitar, and working out to really have fun. Never had a girl come on to me. But I just recently finally sprouted some balls! I actually went up to a girl at work and asked her to lunch out of the blue. She was really hesitant but said yes finally. I found out she was that way because no one had ever done that to her. And I'd never done that. Hooray for balls!
    Growth
    5'10"
    150lbs
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 247x5
    Deadlift - 315