Thread: getting abs right - cutting away excess fat

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

getting abs right - cutting away excess fat

Hello,

the weakest part of my body is my abs, but recently have changed that. I recieved a weight lifting book from my step-dad which has a good abs program in it, and am really liking the burn i get from it.

The only thing is, ive heard that no matter how many crunches you do, you have to eat right, to get the nice ripped abs im going for. From looking at me, im no where near fat, or even a little overwight, but i can feel my abs and know that the pac is there, but you just cant see it too well. My question is, what do i need to cut out/add, to get the results im looking for. Im a normal teenager who doesent overeat, but arent on any type of diet that cuts out junk food, though i have cut out all sodas, and drink nothing but gatorade now.

thanks for looking

There are no majic foods that will make you skinny. Just consume fewer calories than you burn and you will lose weight. Cutting out junk food and probably even the gatorade will help alot though.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Wannabebig Member
    thanks jorge, im not looking for a magic food, just looking at thinks to avoid, and better things to start eating, dunno if i can cut the gatorade, and go strait water. Cutting the sodas was hard enough

diet/nutrition forum sticky"what a bodybilder eats"

i use gatorade only when i'm training!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    diet/nutrition forum sticky"what a bodybilder eats"

i use gatorade only when i'm training!
    I have read that gatorade and other sports drinks are only beneficial when you have been training hard for approx. 90 mins b/c they keep you hydrated by replacing the nutrients and salt that you lose during that time. Before 90mins water is just as beneficial with 100% less cals.

Wannabebig Member
    is drinking gatorade as much as I do just as bad as sodas? I was under the impression that it was better for me, but maybe im wrong.

getfit, so when your not training, what do you drink, at like meals and things, just water?

Quote Originally Posted by drew06
    is drinking gatorade as much as I do just as bad as sodas? I was under the impression that it was better for me, but maybe im wrong.
    Gatorade has a sh*tload of sugar in it, that's for sure. If I were you I'd stick with water or, as is stated above, only use it during workouts when the sugar will help you get your energy.

Have you also tried doing some running by chance? I've been doing HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) for a few weeks and have seen definite improvement in the abdominal area. Of course I only do HIIT so that I can still eat boatloads of food while keeping the fat off.

I'm 19 and definitely not anything near fat but what fat I do have pretty much goes straight to my lower ab area. Sucks when you have a definite four-pack but can't see the bottom two-pack. But yeah in general just try not to eat more calories than you use in the day... And I highly recommend water since it has no extra calories and quenches the thirst easily.

Quote Originally Posted by drew06

getfit, so when your not training, what do you drink, at like meals and things, just water?
    i buy the powdered gatorade and add 1 scoop with water i only drink it then

water with my meals!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I dont even drink anymore during meals, I usually drink inbetween meals now I dont know why but I all the sudden got use to doing that. I need as much room possible in my stomach when bulking to get all the food down lol.

Banned
    Its funny you bring up gatorade...I was looking at it the other day while drinking an orange one (good stuff) and Thats like 250 cals. per drink and they ain't that big...I'd cut the gatorade out bro unless you have one on occassion before a work for the boost of enegry other than that...they arn't the best for ya

Got milk?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez
    Got milk?
    only with chocolate syrup lol

i do drink fat free skim some during the week, but i do need to add some more.

Well starting tomorrow, im cutting back on the gatorade, and going to start towards mainly all water

fatrb38 : i cant run right now because it tires me out to much, and im no good for the 2 days after it because of my recent mono (more details on my first post here http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=65982

thanks for the posts so far people

at least its better than powerade. but yeh, needless cals and nutrients unless its right before a workout, gatorade isnt meant to sustain life, its meant to prolong athletic performance.

but growing daily!
    If you haven't done so already then you should determine your daily energy needs. Heres a link to an explanation and at the bottom there is a auto-calculator that will give you an rough idea how much you should be eating to get those abs to show up.

LINK

Zygote