Thread: Split Training or Full body training?

Wannabebig Member

Split Training or Full body training?

My question to all you is whether or not I should do a split training program or full body. I haven't lifted in a year and have been working out again for about 2 months and regained most of my muscle mass and strength where i left off. my goa by the end of summer would to be as "ripped as possible". I am on my college swim team so I don't want to be "huge" like a bodybuilder is but I would like to have a very good amount of size and mass, along with defintion. I understand you probably run across a lot of threads like this but i wanted to know which would be more benificial for the next 12 to 14 weeks. should i do a Split program (i recently started one 2 weeks ago to try it out again) or Full body three days a week. I also though maybe if i went with upper body mon, wed, and lower body on tue and thur that might be fine. what do you guys think? Im currently doing TUT training with split being: mon- chest/tris, tue-shoulders/traps, wed-legs, thur- back and bi's. im eating very good as well and am sticking to a good diet. thanks for any help you can give me.

semper fi

Generally I think a split is better than an upper body/lower body routine.

Just in terms of being able to spend more focused time on the specific bodyparts, I also feel its better for allowing more recovery time.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

only way to know is do both and judge which works best for you

edit: if you stick to popular routines like WBB#1, 5x5, HST, HIT etc. and it doesnt work you. It's probably your diet, rest or intensity not the routine.
    Last edited by CiteCollegiale; 06-20-2005 at 10:56 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks, I'll take that into consideration. so I should probably stay with my split trianing vs upper/lower full body? I do like how i can focus alot of time on on muscle group and have that rest for the week instead of feeling rushed in the gym. I think I'll stay with my split then and I'll check out one of those popular routines.

semper fi