The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Is this diet /workout bad for me?

Well I've been cutting this summer.

I'm about 220 lbs, down from 240 from January, and 6'4"

I'd like to get rid of my gut completely. Its there and its annoying me a lot.

This is what I eat:

Morning 3 scoops protien shake with 240 ml of soy milk
    Net Protien - 74 g
    Net calories - 460 Calories

And then I go work out on the fitness machines, usually cardio. I run at about 10 mph for 15 to 30, some days 45 mintutes, and walk for at least 30 mintutes -all in all I'm burning at least 1000 calories per work out from cardio alone.

Some days I do just cardio, other days I will do the weight machines following a 3 step pyramid(6 sets total) starting at around 155 lbs of resistance- increased or decreased by 5 pounds each step. These machines are the lat pulldown, abdominal thingee, overhead press, and some other ones. Usually I hit about 5 machines on these days. I also do bench presses - 3 step pyramid (totalling 6 sets), which I'm having trouble completing the downward slope (I start out with 60 kg + the bar, increase 1.25 kg each set.) When I lift I cut back the cardio to about 20-45 mintutes total. So I've cut back on my bench presses and limit them to maybe 2 work outs a week. I rest on friday and saturday - and I eat profusely - things I would not normally eat (lots of BBQ, but nothing like fast food or junk food, but I do drink a few cans of soda here and there), and I've noticed I gain back the weight I've lost during the week.

Some days I will hop on the scale and I weight 5 lbs less than I did the day before. I think maybe I need a new scale.

I then come home, and have another protien shake but only 2 scoops so it tallys out to about 50 g protien and 360 calories.

During the evening I might eat a few cans of tuna with a small portion of mayo, or have a pasta meal with animal flesh. I have no idea how much protien is in it, but I tend to eat a little less than I would have normally. Lately I've been craving bread, a lot, but I resist.

Before I bed I have my final protien shake with 2 scoops, so 50 g and another 360 calories.

Some days, maybe 2, I workout twice - doing mostly cardio.

Lately I've been feeling very irritable, bi-polar, and depressed. I'm guessing I should throw in more carbs? But they make me feel bloated when I go work out.

I feel ok, except for psychological stuff, my muscles don't ache very much and I'm not -that- exahusted when I get done with my workouts. Any pain that I do have is usually gone the next day. Often times I want to work out more and more and more, but I don't because the gym is closed.

Problem is, my gut doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

just asking do you work your legs at all?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Not really, except for the hip adduction machine - however I do a lot of uphill walking on the cardio machines (12% grade at 3.4 mph) however.

My calves are boxes anyway and I feel self-conscious on the hamstring machine because people can see my balls. I think. Hm. TMI right?

best to work your legs Squat!!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony