The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Swifty*

supliments and efficiency of training

i dont do much training but with my hobby i need to keep fit. i have a toned body but week wrist's. i would like to be a bit bigger and stronger and i was wondering what would be best to strengthen my wrists and make me bigger. im am a little restricted to equiptment but im willing to try a lot of things all suggestions welcome

thnx.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    squat

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Squat.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

in what motions do you feel your wrists are holding you back?

you probably lack the equipment to squat, but if possible, thats some of the best advice you could be given.
    Last edited by jack_of_all; 06-21-2005 at 03:06 PM.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    LOL, you beat me to it ILL_Mitch
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 06-21-2005 at 03:06 PM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Banned
    eat lift squat brother

Banned
    I would suggest getting a bar with some weights(at k-mart/costco or anywhere) sit down, hold the bar a little past your knees and lift the bar only as far as your wrists can go.

You can also do this standing up, and you can reverse the movement, from your palms facing up, to your knuckle side up. This also works out my forearms.

And if you have the bar you can also do squats with the bar, so you get the best of both worlds. Putting on lots of weight may be dangerous in case you drop it without rack, but it's obviosly not needed to do the squat. But you stated you only want to get a "bit" bigger, so I could bet this wont neccasarily be a problem.

Im assuming you need this for some form of martial arts because your hobby requires strong wrists.
    Last edited by X33gone; 06-21-2005 at 03:43 PM.

Swifty*
    thnx guys i woz mst worried about my wrist ive bin out of action a couple of times with them so ill be straight on with the squats n the wrist thing x33gone suggested ive already got a bar n some weights so thanx guys and by the way x33gone my hobby is downhill hill, dirt jumpin and mountain bikin cheers guys
    Last edited by Swifty*; 06-23-2005 at 02:35 PM.

Squat. Deadlift.

Deads will strengthen your wrists.

EAT.

Supplements aren't necessary at this point. Take a multivitamin and eat plenty of protein and green veg.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

to target your wrists, get a stick, and tie a long string to it and then tie the other end to a bunch of weight and roll it up, then roll it back down.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=189

Swifty*
    lol i woz gunna say ice just done tht wiv a wight n sum string lol thnx for the suggestions tho