The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

For those with the infamous "forearm splint" pain....

I know there have been lots of threads concerning this phantom menace, it has bothered me recently as well. Just wanted to let some people know that i have found out what relieves me of the problem, in case anyone else still cant figure it out.

After being frustrated and in pain for months, especially during direct bicep work, i decided to slow down and evaluate my form...drop the weight a tad. I noticed that while my overall form was good, the one thing i was overlooking was my wrist position. At the top of my bicep curl i was curling my wrist inwards as well. Over time (and volume), i belive i had developed an imbalance in strength between the muscles on the underside of my forearm and the top of my forearm. I started doing my curls and really paying attention to keeping my wrist straight during the entire ROM and the pain is slowly getting better. My last arm day i was back up to doing my sets at 105lb with no problems at all.

So if youre still having trouble with this, inspect the position of your wrists during your curl movement. Ez-bar, straight bar....can do em all now np.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Current Stats:
    07-31-09 - 6'4" 220 lb.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Hmm.. noted. I've found doing only DB sets for biceps has worked for me.

Now, I have these "splints" doing any kind of bar based bicep work. Though, I don't see how one would be able to angle your wrist inward while using a straight bar. Thus, I'm not really if I would conclude that what you have done works, or if the rest involved in dropping the weight for a number of workouts has helped instead - the latter of which is what I'm inclined to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by twm
    Hmm.. noted. I've found doing only DB sets for biceps has worked for me.

Now, I have these "splints" doing any kind of bar based bicep work. Though, I don't see how one would be able to angle your wrist inward while using a straight bar. Thus, I'm not really if I would conclude that what you have done works, or if the rest involved in dropping the weight for a number of workouts has helped instead - the latter of which is what I'm inclined to believe.
    Nah im not talking about the angle of the wrists pivoting...hmm this is hard to put into words. Lets use a pic instead.

I noticed that at the top of my bicep curls i was doing this slightly and not noticing it. By concentrating on keeping my wrists perfectly straight while curling, i have eliminated the pain alost completely.

As far as dropping the weight helping...i highly doubt that is it because i have done that many times before to try to let them heal...and it never worked to this degree. It would always return as soon as i went heavy again...like lets say > 80lb BB curls.

This is the only thing that has helped me thus far besides just not lifting at all...but well know that **** aint cuttin it. YMMV of course, if this doesnt ehlp you at all, im sorry i wasted your 30 secs of reading time with this thread .
    Last edited by shansen008; 06-24-2005 at 07:07 PM.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Current Stats:
    07-31-09 - 6'4" 220 lb.