Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoff prediction time

NBA Playoff prediction time

I haven't followed much this season, but here are my first round predictions:

East
    Miami beats New Jersey
    Philly beats Detroit
    Boston beats Indiana(50/50 on this one)
    Chicago beats Washington

West
    Phoenix beats Memphis
    Denver beats San Antonio(Denver is the hottest team on the planet right now)
    Sacramento beats Seattle
    Houston beats Dallas
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Grasshoppa
    Phoenix and Miami in the finals....Phoenix takes it....they're amazing this season.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Miami takes it all. Go Shaq!
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

:withstupi

GO SHAQ!!!!

Big Dan

Banned
    Heat over Nets
    Pistons over 76ers
    Pacers over Celtics
    Wizards over Bulls

Suns over Grizzlies
    Spurs over Nuggets
    Sonics over Kings
    Rockets over Mavs

Banned
    Phoenix all the way

Wake me up when the Finals start.

Quote Originally Posted by shootermcgavin7
    Wake me up when the Finals start.
    lol i kinda feel the same way. it's an effort to stay interested this year. it seems all that anyone mentions is LeBron who didn't even make the playoffs.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki Riddington
    Miami takes it all. Go Shaq!
    You traitor!!!!

Suns all the way!!!! Go Nash!!!
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    lol i kinda feel the same way. it's an effort to stay interested this year.
    Wow, I can't believe you just said that. Are you a Lakers fan or something?

This is probably going to be the most exciting NBA playoffs in recent history! I don't even like basketball that much and I'm STOKED for these playoffs. There's so many good teams, and I don't think anyone can really call who will take it all...even in the first round so many of those matchups could go either way.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianHomer
    You traitor!!!!

Suns all the way!!!! Go Nash!!!
    Speaking of traitors, shouldn't you be cheering for the GRIZZLIES against the Suns in the first round? It's not going to happen, but you still have to cheer for the guys who were once the "home" team...if not, you can take a 2-hour drive down to Seattle and cheer for the Sonics...that is if you're calling people traitors .

Errr, this is 2005, the Grizzles are part of Memphis, not Vancouver.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Banned
    Errr, this is 2005, the Grizzles are part of Memphis, not Vancouver.
    So if you were an Expos fan up until last year, you shouldn't cheer for the Nationals?

Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    Wow, I can't believe you just said that. Are you a Lakers fan or something?

This is probably going to be the most exciting NBA playoffs in recent history! I don't even like basketball that much and I'm STOKED for these playoffs. There's so many good teams, and I don't think anyone can really call who will take it all...even in the first round so many of those matchups could go either way.
    exact opposite, I'm a Kings fan.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Banned
    I don't think it's going to happen, but I want the Pistons to win again.

Banned
    exact opposite, I'm a Kings fan.
    That explains why you took them in the first round .

I don't know, maybe I'm just grasping at straws because this time of year is meant for hockey playoffs and I miss them badly, but I think these playoffs should be phenomenal! (Going to Vegas next week helps too...can't wait to bet on some of these games )

So if you were an Expos fan up until last year, you shouldn't cheer for the Nationals?
    Crap... you got me. But I'm a Victoria boy, and Nash is a Victoria boy; so there.

That explains why you took them in the first round .

I don't know, maybe I'm just grasping at straws because this time of year is meant for hockey playoffs and I miss them badly, but I think these playoffs should be phenomenal! (Going to Vegas next week helps too...can't wait to bet on some of these games )
    the Kings may win the first round, but won't go any farther. They will be lucky to win the first round too, I just don't think Seattle is as good as their record says.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Banned
    the Kings may win the first round, but won't go any farther. They will be lucky to win the first round too, I just don't think Seattle is as good as their record says.
    I think it's safe to say that neither team will make it past the second round, but the Sonics "should" be able to make it there.

Banned
    Crap... you got me. But I'm a Victoria boy, and Nash is a Victoria boy; so there.
    I think a team carries more weight in your decision of who to cheer for than an individual player...Bah, who cares, cheer for the Suns. At least that way you won't be disappointed. I'd be shocked if the Grizzlies could even force a Game 5.

Grasshoppa
    Or you can be like my friend. He loves any team that Sprewell is on and loves the Warriors.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

It will be San Antonio and Detroit in the finals, San Antonio in 5. Shaq wont get past the Wallaces, they will own him like they did last year. Hell, Miami will be lucky to squeak by NJ id say. The nets have been playing great ball lately. Vince carter finally feels like playing basketball.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Current Stats:
    07-31-09 - 6'4" 220 lb.

Wannabebig New Member
    If Tim Duncan is healthy, I say Spurs win it all. If not, Pistons.

East - NJ will go all the way.
    Miami < NJ - VC will dunk over Shaq from the freethrow line.
    Detroit > Philly
    Indiana > Boston
    Washington < Chicago

West - Dallas will go all the way.
    Memphis < Phoenix
    Denver > San Antonio
    Sacramento > Seattle
    Houston < Dallas
    6'2 206

This might actually be the year I watch the basketball playoffs w/ the lack of playoff hockey