The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mayweather v. Gatti

I know there are alot of boxing fans on the site and i figured a thread would have been started about this fight already, but i just wanted to know who all is ordering the fight??? who do you want to win and any predictions??

I personally am going for gatti and think that he will beat mayweather purely based on his power. I think Mayweather is a better boxer, but predict gatti wears him down with body shots and this will cause mayweather to slow down in the later rounds.
    MY RAW LIFTS
    OLD.........................................Current
    weight: 190..............................206
    Bench Press: 300lbs.......................?????
    Squat: 450lbs...............................?????
    Deadlift: 475..................................????
    Power Clean: 285lbs.......................?????

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    uh I think I'm going to go with Mayweather on this one. Quite frankly, I think he's just a lot better, and lot more experienced.

Gatti's fights are more exciting but that won't really help him win, just help him win fans.

BTW I think someone big was giving odds 5-1 for Mayweather. IMHO I think its its worth betting for Gatti because while I dont think Mayweather will lose I dont think Gatti's chances of winning are that low.
    Last edited by nejar462; 06-24-2005 at 08:29 PM.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

im really interested to see what type of fight gatti fights against mayweather. Lately he has been boxing more than brawling and itll be interesting what style he uses tomorrow. I think that will be a determinate of how the fight goes. Im hoping as a fan that at sometime during the fight mayweather will brawl with gatti.... though that is unlikely.
    MY RAW LIFTS

I think Mayweather is going to win, but I'm rooting for Gotti. Mayweather was talking a lot of smack last week during the Tarver fight, calling Gotti a paper champ. Gotti is a warrior. The fights against Ward were unreal.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

yeah i saw the interviews during the tarver fight... i never really had a problem with mayweather until saw that. that just made me lose respect for him.
    MY RAW LIFTS

i'll be watching

floyd is the better "boxer", but gatti brings some intangibles(heart, desire) as well as power

imo, it can go two ways:

1) floyd just decides to box gatti and works him much like he did corrales

or

2) mayweather decides to swing w/ gatti and it becomes a war of attrition in which gatti may have an edge

if gatti wins i would consider it an upset, but i'll be cheering for arturo
    Last edited by excokehead; 06-24-2005 at 09:13 PM.

I hope Mayweather gets KTFO.

Judging from what I have seen from both fighters it should be a blowout for Mayweather. Gatti looked like a joke when he was against De La Hoya and Micky Ward is definitely not as good as fighter as Mayweather. However, in the past few fights for Gatti he has looked so much different and sharper with his boxing than before. Should be a good one.

Banned
    Man I don't care what anyone says man, I know Mayweather is undefeated, but Gatti has been shaping up, and judging by his last fight against "Jesse" James Leija, his boxing skills have been toned up a few notches, and his brawling skills have been toned down a few notches. I saw Gatti wins by KO, and I hope that bitch Mayweather gets KTFO.

agreed.... people cant judge gatti on fights of a few years ago. He is a different fighter, people saying its gonna be a blow out probably have seen gatti fight recently. Even experts are saying that giving it to mayweather hands down is foolish.
    MY RAW LIFTS

let's not get carried away

gatti was fortunate w/ that liver shot to dorin, and leija is far past his prime.

mayweather has the best boxing skills of any active fighter today.

we'll see what happens.

i hope gatti is competitive.

well today after HBO re-aired the mayweather/ Corley fight i must say i was expecting a little more from him. Corley hurt mayweather in two of the rounds and corley is not exactly a power puncher. Also Mayweather wasnt exactly brilliant against Bruseales (sp?). Not to down play that mayweather is a good fighter... he just isnt invincible like he thinks he is. thats all im saying

another fight id like to see is cotto vs. mayweather... maybe in a year or two
    MY RAW LIFTS

Gatti got destroyed. Not surprising but I was hoping he could pull off the upset.

Grasshoppa
    Got his ass beat.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

total domination

gatti was completely outclassed

Quote Originally Posted by monotone
    another fight id like to see is cotto vs. mayweather... maybe in a year or two
    yep

cotto has the stuff

that will be one to watch

That was pretty rough. I called Floyd by KO in 9 on Eastsideboxing - but I had no idea Gatti would have this clueless a showing. I can't think of a punch he landed. Not 1. Floyd was Floyd.

Did anyone catch Vivian Harris vs some nutty colombian dude on the undercard haha? hilarious fight. the guy looked like gumby, and ko'd vivian cold with 1 left hook. Vivian harris turned down 750k against Hatton a half a year back or so... don't know what he got paid tonight to flush his career down the ****ter but I would guess in the 100k range. Smooth ****in move.

Banned
    completeNewb - Harris got paid $70, 000 for that fight is what I'm hearin. And yea brother I saw that fight, he hit him with a headbutt and punched Harris when he was down, I didn't like himtoo much, he looked like a sneaky sneaky guy.

Anyways - I was wrong in my predictions of Gatti winning the fight; I should've been a little less naive thinking he could've pulled off the upset.

yeah that sucked... well bhop fight in July, anyone? hahaha

just kidding
    MY RAW LIFTS

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Gatti and Mayweather exist on completely different realms of skills and boxing talent. I'm hard pressed to think of someone to challenge Mayweather currently.

Mayweather__

"Gatti was tough, strong and came to fight. I respect Arturo for giving me the chance to win the title," he said. "He's a great champion and I'm a great champion. Everything I said about him before the fight was just to hype the fight."

He's really classy about his win too.
    Last edited by nejar462; 06-25-2005 at 11:05 PM.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Quote Originally Posted by ILL_Mitch
    completeNewb - Harris got paid $70, 000 for that fight is what I'm hearin. And yea brother I saw that fight, he hit him with a headbutt and punched Harris when he was down, I didn't like himtoo much, he looked like a sneaky sneaky guy.

Anyways - I was wrong in my predictions of Gatti winning the fight; I should've been a little less naive thinking he could've pulled off the upset.

ya the guy was dirty,especially with the rabbit punches to the back of the head. oh ya and that punch he threw while harris was cold on the ground. but he just looked so funny and ridiculous, he'd just walk into harris with his hands down and clip him with a zany roundhouse, you could see the embarrassment on manny stewards face, that his fighter was getting worked by such an opponent.

oh ya lots of guys picked gatti and i dont think it was too farfetched, gatti is a big boy and a big banger and we hadn't seen floyd get hit by a guy like gatti yet. 6 rounds later... we still haven't seen floyd get hit by a guy like gatti yet.

I was watching the interviews and one of the boxing analyst was saying that you would think after the Gatti and Ward wars that it would have a effect on one of them, well I think last night was proof. Mayweather is a great fighter his skills out match gatti's for sure. Gatti has great heart and determintion but last night was pitiful. I think if Mayweather had fought the gatti that ward did it might have been much more entertaining.
    Current: 5'8 165lbs

The last post doesn't make too much sense. I know what you are saying but if you put the Gatti that faced Ward 3x against Mayweather it will still be a massive blowout.

I just watched the replay, real dissapointing. ONce Gotti realized how quick Mayweather was, you could see the dejection in his eyes. I'm glad the corned stopped the fight, Gotti would have fought to his death.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    i figured mayweather would win but not by that much a huge margin, i knew he was quick but i didnt think he was that much quicker than gatti but he was
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"