The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Main differences in hot and cold weather running..?

I am just curious of these differences because I am preparing for basic training in October for the Air Force. I know its in San Antonio, but it can still get fairly cold in October, esp. during the night. I will be preparing in high 90's Houston weather. I know most likely, you will lose energy faster in the heat..but I'm quite ignorant on the subject..thanks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    when its hot you have to replenish your water supply more often ie bring a water bottle. however when its cold oxygen molecules vibrate slower and every breath you take, you intake less oxygen. you might notice shortage of breath more quickly when its cold

Cool, I just enlisted with the Air Force on June 14th, but they haven't told me when Im leaving yet. How long were you in the DEP before you received your ship date? And do you know what job you're getting or did you just go in with a guaranteed aptitude?

The weather shouldn't be a factor for you really. Houston and San Antonio arent that far from eachother and have a marginal difference in temperature. Just keep running up until your ship date and you should be well acclimated to any seasonal changes. I think PT is done mostly in the early morning so it might help to get used to running after you wake up, but really if you show up in great shape little things like time of day or temperature aren't going to affect you all that much.

Wannabebig Member
    Well I enlisted in late May and I went through the physical and all that, then about a week ago they told me I recieved my preferred job that I wanted (Financial Manager) and they told me I will be leaving October 4th.

The temp difference I was worried about was the fact that I'm training in the heat of the day, and in October (nights at least) the air can be fairly cold. But I clearly agree that if im prepared I wont have a problem. And that should not be too difficult, I've always been a good distance runner.

Sorry everybody for the Air Force talk...

When I was jogging 6 times a week, I had my best runs when it was COLD. I mean, I was jogging in sweats and a tshirt in 17-18 degrees, and warm as toast. You warm up so fast, and then you're just a machine. All the heat on your body dissipates into the cold air, and you just kep cranking along. Water is almost a non-factor...sorta...

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    When I was jogging 6 times a week, I had my best runs when it was COLD. I mean, I was jogging in sweats and a tshirt in 17-18 degrees, and warm as toast. You warm up so fast, and then you're just a machine. All the heat on your body dissipates into the cold air, and you just kep cranking along. Water is almost a non-factor...sorta...
    Also, keep in mind that if its cold out, you are more prone to muscle pulls because your muscles are colder and tighter. Hence, the reason why we call it "warming up" before a workout.

Quote Originally Posted by l3x

The temp difference I was worried about was the fact that I'm training in the heat of the day, and in October (nights at least) the air can be fairly cold.
    So why not run at night?

Plus if you train thru the summer and thru September, the body will get used to the temperature change. It's not like you're gonna run at noon everyday in July and August and stop and then start again at 4 am or 8pm in October, right?
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.