The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

I think I'm overtraining

I have been doing full body lifts every other day for a while now. I am not gaining much muscle, so I think i'm over doing it. would it work to do full body lifts one day, rest 2 days and do it again??

example: monday- full body
    tuesday-off
    wednesday-off
    thursday-full body
    friday-off
    saturday-off
    sunday-full body
    Last edited by need4muscle; 06-24-2005 at 09:04 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You only need to train once or twice a week each muscle group really. I'm sure other people will have more input on your new routine though...

Working out a full body every other day was definitely over doing it.

when i do full body routines, i just do 2 a week. Monday and thursday.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

I recently started doing a full body routine twice a week and I have been seeing pretty good gains. I'm about to try 4 times a week with lower volume though.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

I have always been a big fan of fullbody workouts. All my friends have always done fullbody workouts and when I first started that is all I did.

Fullbody routines work but you need to control the volume very well.
    This is why organized programs like HST are good. They don't require you to push the most you can every workout and they don't go crazy with the volume. Now personally, I don't like HST, I tried it and I just don't enjoy it.

You can push as hard as you like and do fullbody 3 times a week but you really need to watch your volume. You can't go crazy with it.

A "better" option would be to do this I think, I've never tried this, but I think it is better than doing the same movement 3 times a week. If I ever did fullbody again, I would do something like this.

Fullbody Day 1
    Off
    Fullbody Day 2
    Off
    Fullbody Day 3
    Off
    Off

Where each day is completely different. For example, say for legs you could do

Day 1:
    Squats
    Leg Curls

Day 2:
    Barbell Lunges
    SLDL

Day 3:
    ATF Squats
    Something else for hamstrings

You get the point. I would keep everything at 2-3 sets also. And like 14-15 sets at the most per day.

Slaughter of the Soul METALASIAN's Avatar
    If you're going to do it 4 times a week... try upper/lower/upper/lower. Full body 4 times a week sounds a little overkill.
    Weight:160 lbs.
    Height: 5'7"

So this is it, my time to live.

Quote Originally Posted by need4muscle
    I am not gaining much muscle,
    Wokkout aside, what is your diet like? You're not gonna gain muscle w/out eating properly...
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by METALASIAN
    If you're going to do it 4 times a week... try upper/lower/upper/lower. Full body 4 times a week sounds a little overkill.
    I'm with him. I prefer 4 training days a week personally, and rest/upper/lower/rest/upper/lower/rest has always worked well for me.

If you're failing to gain on fullbody workouts switch to either working each muscle 1-2 times a week.

my diet is pretty good I think. for breakfast I normally eat sausage, cheese, and 16 oz of milk(about 45g of protein). for lunch I normally eat cold slices of turkey, and 16 oz of milk)(about 45g of protein also) for a snack I eat a banana or 2. for supper i'll normally eat some kind of meat, vegetables, potatoes, rice, and 16 oz milk. for a snack before bed i'll have peanut butter on crackers and 16 oz of milk. does this sound like a good diet?? I am 5'8 and weigh 135.
    Last edited by need4muscle; 06-25-2005 at 11:20 AM.

It depends what you're trying to accomplish.

I'm trying to bulk but not really fast. I am pretty skinny, but I just want to add muscle mass and not fat. I don't really want to be HUGE, but I want to be big and cut.