Thread: Extremely initial thoughts on AtLarge creatine monohydrate..

Extremely initial thoughts on AtLarge creatine monohydrate..

First off, thanks Chris for shipping out quickly I got the product quicker than I expected.

The first thing I noticed was the size of the bottle. Why is the bottle so big when it's only half filled with creatine? Seems like some cost could be saved there...

Anyways, I took the creatine with water as I normally do on off days, and I noticed the AtLarge creatine is extremely grainy, almost like salt or sugar. I also noticed that it doesn't mix as well as the AST creatine I was using prior. The AST is much more "fluffy" and completely dissolves. It was odd to see grainy creatine sitting at the bottom of my glass.

I will post again in about 2 weeks regarding the performance gain from this creatine, hopefully, I will be happy.

Oh, and the little note is a nice touch Chris, gave a much more personal feeling about ordering from you. Don't be surprised to get an order from me in the near future.

As the the grainy texture I can only say that is Creapure (TM) creatine by SKW Trostberg AG Germany. It is commonly accepted as the purest and best monohydrate on the market.

Thanks for the mention on the shipping and personalization.

Chris

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Well, I guess I learn something new everyday, AST doesn't use creapure.

Call it personal preference (probably becuase it is) but I would not buy creatine without Creapure. Don't ask why exactly, I just perfer it.
    Last edited by Jasonl; 06-25-2005 at 08:26 PM.

The grainy texture just means it has not been micronized. I only buy micronized creatine. That gritty texture makes me feel like I'm trying to eat sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    The grainy texture just means it has not been micronized. I only buy micronized creatine. That gritty texture makes me feel like I'm trying to eat sand.
    according to the bottle, this is micronized creatine. what gives?

I'm pretty sure there are different levels of micronisation.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Lol, what gives?

Geez, yes, it is micronized. The product is not grainy in my opinion or that of the vast majority who might try it. GMC feels it is and as subjective opinion is in the eye of the beholder I did not argue with him.

In any event, it is Creapure (TM) micronized creatine monohydrate. It is very effective and very reasonably priced.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Some more thoughts on AtLarge's creatine product now. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now, 5g postworkout with 45g of dextrose.

Water retention and weight fluctuation is WAY down with this creatine compared to AST's (and others I have used). Strength appears to be similar to that when on AST. Overall I am pleased with the product. The only gripe I have is the size of the bottle LOL. My teaspoon keeps getting stuck in there and i cant get it out!

I had a couple friends use (still do) atlarge creatine and they love it. Just their .02
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

When I use creatine I try and use room temperature water, which seems to help the creatine dissolve better. If you want to buy from a reputable company then stick with At Large and leave AST alone. Probably sve you a few dollars as well. Just my humble opinion.

Obviously I use At Large's creatine.

Just takes a stir and its good to drink from my perspective.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Final word is here, this creatine is great! What puts this creatine over the top compared to other ones I have used is water retention. with this atlarge creatine I have hardly any water weight fluctuation like I did on other brands. props to atlarge for a quality product and a good price. Hmm....nitrean may be in my future

Just for the record, I experienced the same thing.

I bought an EAS product years ago when I first tried creatine and felt that I retained a lot of water. With our product I experience almost none.

It is my understanding that the purity of the creatine has a lot to do with the excess water retention issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bradley
    When I use creatine I try and use room temperature water, which seems to help the creatine dissolve better. If you want to buy from a reputable company then stick with At Large and leave AST alone. Probably sve you a few dollars as well. Just my humble opinion.
    :withstupi

I find that to be the case with all powders. Even with ON Protein, if I use the water I keep in the fridge, it wont shake and mix well. So I just use room temp tap water to mix it, then throw some ice cubes in there afterwards.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    Just for the record, I experienced the same thing.

I bought an EAS product years ago when I first tried creatine and felt that I retained a lot of water. With our product I experience almost none.

It is my understanding that the purity of the creatine has a lot to do with the excess water retention issue.
    I thought creatine draws more water into the muscles, so the water retention is normal and creates a healthier environment. How can you guys experience less water retention if it is working? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rp41
    I thought creatine draws more water into the muscles, so the water retention is normal and creates a healthier environment. How can you guys experience less water retention if it is working? Please correct me if I am wrong.
    usually a poorer grade of creatine will have impurities that cannot pass through the cell membrane thus creating a more hypertonic (more solutes) solution outside of the cell. To combat this extra water is retained outside of the cells to maintain concentration gradients.

Makes sense, thanks for explaining. Are you still gaining any kind of water weight though?

still chris...obviously i love all ALN products...but is there anyway u guys could downsize the bottle of creatine...its just a pain when u start getting lower in the bottle and have to pour it out, measure it out, then dump it back in the container...or just make the bottle's "mouth" larger....more like a cylinder than a bottle neck type?...just some suggestions...

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

A good suggestion and one I will have to look at.

Chris

Idk why your bottle was "grainy". When i got my bottle of creatine 500 from ALN, it was completely fluffy and abs. no grain what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by pbsteve09
    Idk why your bottle was "grainy". When i got my bottle of creatine 500 from ALN, it was completely fluffy and abs. no grain what so ever.
    You have to understand that what he considers "grainy" you may not. It is all about perception.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    You have to understand that what he considers "grainy" you may not. It is all about perception.
    Fair enough

Wannabebig Member
    everyone has praise for at large nutrition's creatine, but is there any difference between the aforementioned creatine and a different company's creatine which also feature creapure micronized creatine? for example, http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un/creapure.html

Assuming they are really using Creapure (R) then the answer is no.

The main difference is which company you are supporting.

If you are posting the link trying to show that people can save money going elsewhere I would say that is poor form on the ATLARGE NUTRITION FORUM...

In addition, you really are not saving anyone anything because all they need do is take advantage of the AtLarge multiple discount program and get 1500g of Creatine 500 for $37.50 and they get our product for within a few cents per 500g of creatine (comparing their 1000g jug to 3 of our 500g jugs).