Thread: Scientific Approach to Crash Dieting - interview with Lyle McDonald - June 25th 2005

Hybrid View

Scientific Approach to Crash Dieting - interview with Lyle McDonald - June 25th 2005

Sometimes you just need a way to drop both weight and fat quickly to reach your goals. That's where The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook: A Scientific Approach to Crash Dieting comes in.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=213

Discuss away!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

i'm just wondering if anyone here is gonna try this one out.. would love to watch the progress/

Quote Originally Posted by dissipate
    i'm just wondering if anyone here is gonna try this one out.. would love to watch the progress/
    www.bodyrecomposition.com

a lot of people have been following the diet
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Interesting. I like the "fatter individuals" thing hahaahhaa..

I can't handle that super low calorie stuff though, as soon as something ****ed up happens in my life, I destroy the diet and everything edible in sight!!

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    THen you need to assess how bad you really want it.
    PSMF dieting worked great for me. My girlfriend has a hard time eating 100cals under maintenance and is constantly telling me that she is changing her "diet" again to try something different.
    She can't understand why I don't give a hoot about her new diets anymore. There is such a thing as overthinking things to the point of self-destruction.
    Eating below maintenance cals is what makes you lose the weight.
    I honestly have to say that after I witnessed progress the first two weeks that it was all I needed to stick with it...
    Last edited by Hatred; 07-01-2005 at 06:57 PM.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Ehhh, I want it plenty, but I hate doing low carb/low cal. My workouts blow and if my workouts are sucking ass, I get down on the whole situation.

I have no doubt that this diet works wonders for a lot of people though. If I could handle it, I would do it.