The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Question about taking on fat

Ok I was just thinking and I wanna know if there is an approximate answer to this???

Ok lets say you're lifting, eating during a bulking stage, and just assume that you're lifting correctly.... Will muscle automaticly go to your parts in addition to the fat? Because it seams whenever I start to gain weight it seams to go to my stomach?

Mind you its not a lot, but I just get scared after the first 7 or 8 pounds I gain because I dont see it on my arms, I only see it on my stomach??? How much should one gain before they begin to see their arms start to grow bigger? Or any muscle group for that matter?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

There is no correct answer to that question.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Wannabebig Member
    hmmm so you could basicly run this risk of just putting on fat with no muscle?

Nasaan ang unggoy? bigsethmeister's Avatar
    are you increasing in strength?

No, If you are lifting correctly meaning heavy weight and the right number of sets, and eating a good amount of protein, healthy carbs and healthy fats, there is no way you can get around gaining muscle.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

B+D+S = 1 Massive Mofo
    That's a needle in a hay stack man. Just give it time, you probably won't even notice how big your getting until someone compliments you on it. Like one guy said on this forum, "Get Bigger Grow Into Your Skin." technically it doesn't apply to you but...
    Past (4Jul05) | Present (22Nov05)
    Weight - 205 | 217
    BF - 26% | 22%
    Max Bench - 230| 295
    Max Dead - 240 | 275
    Max Squat - 240 | 315
    Total: [710] | [885]

Wannabebig Member
    it just seams whenever i start to eat a lot more food and yes btw I am lifting heavier each week.... I only see the gains on my stomach....

hey Holy could you take a look at my diet once i complete it on fit day and tell me what ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Je355804
    eat a lot more food and yes btw I am lifting heavier each week
    then you're gaining muscle. keep it up. you can try lowering your cals slightly if you feel you're putting on fat too quickly. how much are you gaining per week?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsethmeister
    then you're gaining muscle. keep it up. you can try lowering your cals slightly if you feel you're putting on fat too quickly. how much are you gaining per week?

Well thats where my inexperience comes into play.... I guess I was gaining about 2-3 lbs per week... But to me I saw to much gains on my stomach, so I would cut the cals down... and still eat a lot but just foods that were high in protein, with little cals such as chikcen and tuna.

so you think I should keep up the eating and let the gains come to my stomach? I mean honestly my muscle is all I care about.... even if it means taking on some weight with my stomach.

I am thinking of adding some egg whites into my diet in the morning for some extra cals/protein? hows that sound?

Well thats where my inexperience comes into play.... I guess I was gaining about 2-3 lbs per week... But to me I saw to much gains on my stomach, so I would cut the cals down... and still eat a lot but just foods that were high in protein, with little cals such as chikcen and tuna.

so you think I should keep up the eating and let the gains come to my stomach? I mean honestly my muscle is all I care about.... even if it means taking on some weight with my stomach.
    2 - 3lbs per week is fast. i think you might want to consider cutting your calories back a little bit. personally i'd aim for a gain of 1lb per week. the less fat you put onb now the less time you'll have to spend cutting later.

put up a couple days worth on fitday.com and we'll have a look.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsethmeister
    2 - 3lbs per week is fast. i think you might want to consider cutting your calories back a little bit. personally i'd aim for a gain of 1lb per week. the less fat you put onb now the less time you'll have to spend cutting later.

put up a couple days worth on fitday.com and we'll have a look.

Alright awesome! I will do my exact eating habbits for the next week on fit day and hopefully you guys can check it out!

You say it seems like you're only gaining fat in your abdominal region because you can't see the gains on your arms.

A real simple way to find out if you're gaining size elsewhere is take body measurements every month or so.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sliver1
    You say it seems like you're only gaining fat in your abdominal region because you can't see the gains on your arms.

A real simple way to find out if you're gaining size elsewhere is take body measurements every month or so.
    Ya know I actually just did that today!

Well since your eating more, and lifting thus requiring more energy your body needs to store it somewhere. The two largest repositories for fat are your stomach(not the organ itself), and your ass (ass if for emergency i.e. stuck in a desert, thats why its hardest to lose ass fat).
    Last edited by Pasha; 06-29-2005 at 09:48 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha
    Well since your eating more, and lifting thus requiring more energy your body needs to store it somewhere. The two largest repositories for fat are your stomach(not the organ itself), and your ass (ass if for emergency i.e. stuck in a desert, thats why its hardest to lose ass fat).
    Yeah I know... its just discouraging working out for 3-4 months now and not seeing much size on my arms....

Yeah I know... its just discouraging working out for 3-4 months now and not seeing much size on my arms....
    Good deal on taking measurements. I've been in the same boat as you and trust me, it's quite a boost finding out you've gained an inch on your arms when they look the same size. You see yourself in the mirror every day, it's hard to notice gains like that. The tape will never lie to you however.

Just keep lifting.. the gains will come.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sliver1
    Good deal on taking measurements. I've been in the same boat as you and trust me, it's quite a boost finding out you've gained an inch on your arms when they look the same size. You see yourself in the mirror every day, it's hard to notice gains like that. The tape will never lie to you however.

Just keep lifting.. the gains will come.
    Ohhh I will keep on lifting... I actually enjoy it!

*Cough* HIIT *Cough*

I know what you mean man. I've been bulking and am frequently worrying about any excess fat on my stomach.