Thread: BB Rows? Plus back workout question

Wannabebig Member

BB Rows? Plus back workout question

Ummm what are they? I am not familiar with all the names of the workouts?!?!?

Also hows this look for a back day?

Seated Rows 3x6-8
    Dead Lift 3x6-8
    DB Upright Press 3x6-8
    Shrugs 3x10
    Pull Ups 3x10

Is this to much to little? And also, can someone suggest any changes?

BB rows are where your standing bent over and you bring the BB to you abs. keep your back flat or slitly arched. Also some of the guys on here like to have your upper body at a 45 degree angle instead of being flat. As far as your other questions i cant really answer. I do a full body routine with one lift/one set per muscle. I would say try it out see how it feels.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddegroff
    BB rows are where your standing bent over and you bring the BB to you abs. keep your back flat or slitly arched. Also some of the guys on here like to have your upper body at a 45 degree angle instead of being flat. As far as your other questions i cant really answer. I do a full body routine with one lift/one set per muscle. I would say try it out see how it feels.
    Yeah I've seent those full body workouts and I figure when I change my rountine up I will try that out!

yeah there nice, im just gettin into one. Also the pump is craz! Did i explain BB rows good enough?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddegroff
    yeah there nice, im just gettin into one. Also the pump is craz! Did i explain BB rows good enough?
    Yeah got it! I know those and I do them sometimes.... like i said I just dont know the names of all the workout yet! well thanks a lot for the help man!

No prob. The one im using right now has 12 lifts per workout. Every workout i do each muscle and one i do two lifts on. Every week i switch what muscle i do twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Je355804
    Ummm what are they? I am not familiar with all the names of the workouts?!?!?

Also hows this look for a back day?

Seated Rows 3x6-8
    Dead Lift 3x6-8
    DB Upright Press 3x6-8
    Shrugs 3x10
    Pull Ups 3x10

Is this to much to little? And also, can someone suggest any changes?
    What is a "DB upright press"? Back exercises are "pull" exercises, so I doubt that would help. Shrugs are for your traps.

Plus, I'd do the Deadlifts before the rows.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

BB Row= http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ntOverRow.html They're one of the best back exercises imho.

Edit: You might also try different variations of this movement. ie close/wide grip, pull to your chest/waist, overhand/underhand, etc.
    Last edited by cosmicdebree88; 06-29-2005 at 10:43 PM.
    Weight:180lbs
    Height:5'9"
    Max Lifts:
    Bench Press-315x1
    Deadlift~415x1 (injured)
    Squat-505x1

Wannabebig Member
    DB upright presses are more for your shoulders. If you want to work your traps you might wanna try upright rows. If you want another back exercise then try DB bent over rows or BB rows.