The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Banned

No progress....why ?

I have been liften for 4 weeks so far very hard. I have been eating very well, chicken, eggs, milk, steak, turkey sandwhiches, protein shakes, everything, eating and sleeping well. Everytime I lift I go 110% until I cannot move that bodypart that I focuesd on lifting, now the results I see are very limited,

Should I try supplements ? Is 4 weeks too soon to see any results ?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Get more sleep, Don't overtrain i.e. untill you can't move it anymore. That's all I see wrong. Instead of doing alot of reps with alot of sets, do 3-4 sets with 6-8 reps. You should see gains then, provided everything else you mentioned still stays in order.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

4 weeks is not a very long time. It's unlikely you will see significant gains in such a short amount of time. Just stick with it and, as Mr. Hatfield mentioned, don't over do it.
    Last edited by Jorge Sanchez; 06-29-2005 at 04:59 PM.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez
    4 weeks is not a very long time. It's unlikely you will see significant gains in such a short amount of time. Just stick with it and, as Mr. Hatfield mentioned, don't over do it.
    Idk i've seen gains over 4 weeks, not gigantic ones but decent. I can add 5-10 lbs of weight on a particular excercise the next time I do it and I can see some size difference.

I think it's probably cause you're over training. Also what are your rest periods like? I use to do a two days on one day off type routine but that didn't work well, I do a every other day type thing now. It works great for me.
    Last edited by Pasha; 06-29-2005 at 05:15 PM.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    You might want to actually read the advice given in the threads you create. You never seem to reply after you've created one.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    You might want to actually read the advice given in the threads you create. You never seem to reply after you've created one.
    LOL yeah I hate it when the original poster doesn't even let us know whether he got our advice or not and the thread just turns into a discussion between the people who didn't even ask for the advice.

What are you goals? If you dont have goals that your shooting for how do you know you havent made any gains?

:withstupi haha maybe hes caught under a weight stack

Well if you can add 5-10lbs to an exercise everytime you do it you must be really genetically gifted. That means if you bench every week, it will improve by a minumom of 260lbs in one year. Thats pretty impressive. But if you noticed, I said "significant gains". I think alot of people expect to explode after a week or two when they first start lifting weights. I know I did, and I thought I was doing something wrong when I didn't gain 10lbs in the first month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez
    Well if you can add 5-10lbs to an exercise everytime you do it you must be really genetically gifted. That means if you bench every week, it will improve by a minumom of 260lbs in one year. Thats pretty impressive. But if you noticed, I said "significant gains". I think alot of people expect to explode after a week or two when they first start lifting weights. I know I did, and I thought I was doing something wrong when I didn't gain 10lbs in the first month.
    It's an average. I usually start strong and then it slows down a little. Then I switch it up, I'll switch to a different excercise. I don't think you took into account plateaus, vacations, illness and other such factors. Your calculation was strictly ideal. No prob though.

And for the record, I was doing many things wrong but I don't think that's why I didn't gain 10lbs

yeh, if you cant move because you lifted so hard your just going to get weaker.

Sounds like you are overtraining yourself or just about to. Cut back some of the volume and check out some of the routines on this website.

4 weeks is nothing. A natural BBer needs to have some patience. Great bodies take time and serious effort.
    That's a picture of Scarlett Johansson.

Are you talking about getting bigger or getting stonger? There is a difference.

Plus the strength or hypertrophy graph is not linear....You won't see the same gains over the same period of time after a while. They say the greatest gains you'll find are at the very beginning.

Are you trying to add 10% every time? (you said 110%) That would like be going from a 200# bench to 353# in 6 weeks!
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.