The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Online Computer Games

In your opinion what is the best online computer games? RPG's, combat games, shooters, and all that such. I was thinking about getting a few good online games. I got GuildWars, which I'll start playing in about a week or so when I get my computer all updated and fixed. I have Halo: Combat Evolved which is pretty fun (Probably only 15 dollars now) So if somebody gets that, I'd be glad to play with them. I know about WoW of course, although haven't played it because of monthly fees; that's why I purchased GuildWars for the fact that most people say it's just as good as WoW and doesn't have the monthly fees. Anyways, give me some ideas and tell me your favorites.

-Jordon

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

GuildWars is a overglorified Diablo1/2
    World of Warcraft dies fast at level 60 if you do not have a guild that can raid
    BF2 is supposed to be fun
    Halflife2 is supposed to be fun
    I personally am waiting for Quake4.
    My sig scared getfit.

Grasshoppa
    MMORPG: none at the moment...I enjoyed World of Warcraft during closed beta for the mere fact that they were constantly adding new content to keep me entertained. Guild Wars is ok, something easy to walk away from when you want to.

FPS: Battlefield 2 looks very promising. HL2 is disappointing. CS: Source which is an upgrade of the old Counterstrike to the HL2 engine is pretty fun.

RTS: Starcraft is still a favorite of mine, hehe. Nothing out really catches my eye at the moment, though Age of Empires 3 is due for release pretty soon and looks very promising.

Quake 4 looks interesting, but no Quake to date has the same feel as the original. In my opinion, it has been a steady decline in gameplay to make way for much more beautiful graphics. Can't beat the physics of the original, though.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Counterstrike

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    Quake 4 looks interesting, but no Quake to date has the same feel as the original. In my opinion, it has been a steady decline in gameplay to make way for much more beautiful graphics. Can't beat the physics of the original, though.
    I preferred the physics of Quake II. Different strokes..

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Wannabebig Member
    Diablo II

counterstrike
    HL2 is pretty cool too

i think im going to go pick up guildwars... seems like everybody likes it
    6'1 - 195
    Crossfit Total: Press: 135 - Squat: 315 - Deadlift: 365
    Competition Lifts: Clean: 205 - Bench: 205

Rome: Total War multiplayer is the best there is.

Why does everyone like Guild Wars? It's incredibly boring... there are like 5 items your character can choose from, not very many skills... basically a huge lack of conent. I mean, the level cap is TWENTY. It's just an incredibly washed down and cheap MMORPG. It's not even worth playing despite the lack of monthly fee.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

I Think guild wars is crap, and yes I do own it and am not talking out of my ass
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Civ II is the best. Gold edition and 3 and conquests are ****ed and ruined it. I am tentatively hopeful for IV to come out.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Counter-strike

I agree that Guild Wars is lame. I don't know how some people say that it's "as good as WoW." I'm definitely not a WoW fanboi, i don't even play lol, but Guild Wars is nowhere near WoW....

Like I said, haven't got much chance to play GuildWars yet. And I don't wanna play WoW because I'm afraid of getting addicted, and my computer is probably too much of a piece of junk to handle it I dunno, what's the recommended specs that I need to play WoW and maybe I'll buy it in the future when they make an expansion pack for it or something? Anyways, GuildWars looks decent enough, as long as it keeps me occupied. Thanks for the responses so far about your favorite online games

--Jordon

<---has a Mac, not many options for recent online forays...

One of the few drawbacks of having a Mac.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

The new BattleField 2 game that just came out is pretty cool. IU played the demo and its real good in my opinion if your into shooter.
    Weight-208
    Bench-205
    Squat-405

WBB Member
    Counterstrike

I still play 1.6 because I can't convince myself that HL2 and CS:S are worth $50 at the moment. I just got Doom 3 awhile back and still spend most of my game time playing that.

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky8713
    Counter-strike

I agree that Guild Wars is lame. I don't know how some people say that it's "as good as WoW." I'm definitely not a WoW fanboi, i don't even play lol, but Guild Wars is nowhere near WoW....

Lol are you the pinky who e-thugs all over mIRC?
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Captain
    You gotta go with the Blizzard games...

Starcraft is a classic, best RTS ever made.
    Warcraft 3/TFT is alright.
    Diablo is addictive, especially Hardcore Mode. But once your guy dies, you get sick.

Oh for you Starcraft fans, and you fans of the Warcraft Engine; Project Revolution (google them), is making a mix of the two; looks very promising great graphics. They been working on it for a whle now.

Also, they just recorded a Diablo3 soundtrack, so watch out for that.

But I think you all should try out starcraft, its like what $15? for both the original and expansion?
    ~Goal To Weigh 200 In 4 Years~
    -61 Pounds To Go-
    -July19/46 Pounds To Go-

starcraft + broodwar and both prima strategy guides for $20 bucks
    6'1 - 195
    Crossfit Total: Press: 135 - Squat: 315 - Deadlift: 365
    Competition Lifts: Clean: 205 - Bench: 205

Captain
    Only bad part of SC, is it is run on Battle.net (not bad part); But there are so many kids with no lives who load up like 1000 bots (Basically 1000 fake people), and just spam the **** out of all the channels.
    ~Goal To Weigh 200 In 4 Years~
    -61 Pounds To Go-
    -July19/46 Pounds To Go-

Might look into StarCraft. Heard it was good.. And if it's cheap, then I'm all for it haha. I'm also gonna look into CounterStrike since I've been wanting to get that for a while now

--Jordon

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Quote Originally Posted by jordonwuff
    Might look into StarCraft. Heard it was good.. And if it's cheap, then I'm all for it haha. I'm also gonna look into CounterStrike since I've been wanting to get that for a while now

--Jordon

Lol, your joking right? Starcraft came out in 1996. And Half Life: Counter-strike, is as well old...although both games are still good, I don't suggest starting now. Maybe look into Counter-strike:Source though.
    "Geneing Leans Green"

I said since it's cheap.. I don't mind that it's old or anything. And I should've put the CouterStrike Series, since a lot of my friends play it i thought I might as well too. Still looking for a good strategic game of some sort

--Jordon

Grasshoppa
    If a game is good, who cares if it is old?
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

:withstupi