Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Benoit at my gym this morning

Chris Benoit at my gym this morning

So I ran into Chris Benoit at my Gym this morning and let me tell you, I was not that impressed. I just went to his fan site a few mintues ago which says he's 5'10" 235. In real life he was maybe 5'8"-5'9" and he was probably 215-220 at max. He was a pretty big looking dude, fairly cut with a bit of a gear gut. I talked to him for a bit and worked in on some 280 poound shrugs with him which was pretty cool. Overall, I really thought he was bigger.

That's cool...

I always thoughthe looked even a bit shorter than 5'8 on TV. Stuff like the fan site ALWAYS overestimate height. It's the same with NFL, college, and high school football programs, and anything in-between.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Yeah, 5'8"-5'9" may even be a bit of a stretch. I towered over him.

he looks to be about 5'7. I admire his physique minus the gut. The dude looks like a tank.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

I've seen him when I was working a WWE show. He's not over 5"7, but the weight may be correct because of the small gut and packed on mucle. His teeth are ****ed lol.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

How are his legs?
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Hatfield
    I've seen him when I was working a WWE show. He's not over 5"7, but the weight may be correct because of the small gut and packed on mucle. His teeth are ****ed lol.
    The "gap toothed jackass" nickname is accurate then?
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Manveet, I didn't get a great look at his quads but they were pretty big. He had huge calves!

oh yeah, post some numbers dude.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

What numbers?

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    I'm surprised. When I saw him up close awhile back he looked like such a tank.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

I figured those wrestlers always juiced it. How can they spend that much time in the gym being on the road all the time?

I'd say 80-90% of them juice. From what they say, getting into the gym indeed is a problem. But I imagine most of them still find the time.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

I'm sure.. if it was my job to be big (given a some time to catch up ), I could definitely make time to lift an hour or so per day. I wouldn't be suprised if WWE has gyms that move with the events... but I could be wrong

Definitely do not.

They don't.

Y2A: Lol yeah, exactly.

They have about 3-4 trucks. The huge web of steel hanging over your head during their shows comes in 4-8 foot pieces, and takes 5-6 hours to put together when you have 90 people. Their roadies are very good to work with though, so it wasn't bad.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

i see chris benoit all the time at my gym... he lives in a neighborhood beside mine. I always see william regal too, hes a nice guy, but rarely ever actually works in there. Most does stretches and what not
    MY RAW LIFTS
    OLD.........................................Current
    weight: 190..............................206
    Bench Press: 300lbs.......................?????
    Squat: 450lbs...............................?????
    Deadlift: 475..................................????
    Power Clean: 285lbs.......................?????

Custom User Title:

Banned
    what EXACTLY is a roid gut? and how does it differ from a "GH gut" ?

its the samething.

I think he looks awesome.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Yep, he does. Same picture almost:

EDIT: Oops, same picture with a different background =/
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 06-29-2005 at 11:00 AM.

Honsestly, he does look like that, but with a puffed out gut and he's short as hell.

yeah he is built like a fire hydrant
    MY RAW LIFTS
    OLD.........................................Current
    weight: 190..............................206
    Bench Press: 300lbs.......................?????
    Squat: 450lbs...............................?????
    Deadlift: 475..................................????
    Power Clean: 285lbs.......................?????

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Russow
    Honsestly, he does look like that, but with a puffed out gut and he's short as hell.
    Just by looking at that pic you can almost tell he is short, look how long his arms are, they are fairly short.
    Last edited by Beholder; 06-29-2005 at 01:57 PM.
    My sig scared getfit.

Back in '91, WWF was in town. Was working out at World Gym and in popped Jake the Snake, Coco the BirdMan, Psycho Sid, and about 4 others I can't recall names. Sid was doing barbell shrugs right beside me. That guy was HUGE, towering tall, massive. He was saying they just try to get in workouts whereever they are on the road, and it was tough.

And then the Macho Man dropped the hammer on him, and all hell broke loose.
    [/hijack]
    [/namedropping]