The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Time to switch up the routine

My current routine is Max OT. I'm looking for a new one since my current routine hasnt yeilding any significent gains in the last 8 weeks (not any wbb routines, sorry) but one that focuses on more reps (6-8 vs 4-6) so my cns doesnt get burnt, and one that's some sort of 2x each body part a week workout as i've never tried one of these. Something between 4-5 days a week at the gym.

Any reccomendations would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Antonious; 06-29-2005 at 08:45 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonious
    My current routine is Max OT. I'm looking for a new one since my current routine hasnt yeilding any significent gains in the last 8 weeks (not any wbb routines, sorry) but one that focuses on more reps (6-8 vs 4-6) so my cns doesnt get burnt, and one that's some sort of 2x each body part a week workout as i've never tried one of these. Something between 4-5 days a week at the gym.

Any reccomendations would be appreciated.
    I got no clue man... I've been doing 5 days a week for 4 months now with no gains so I am finally gonna give in and go only 3-4 days per week..... who knew less is more???

Yeah i use to lift 6 days a week. Chest/back on Mon/Thursday, Tris/bis on tuesday/Friday, Shoulders/legs on Wed/Sat. i saw no gains worth talking about. I switched to one muscle per day 6 days a week, i gained 5lbs in 1 month. I then switched to a full body 3 days a week and it seems to be working. Try routines out and see what works for you.

Yeah who knew less is more, maybe its just me.

Forgot to explain that some of my other lifts besides benchpress seem to be increasing, but bench and a few others are just stuck. My goal is muscle mass, but i've heard several things suggesting if your not lifting more you probably arent growing.

also try to switch up the lifts that your doin for each muscle that might help. I hit a plateau with my chest so i did db bench for a little while and then went bach to BB bench, it helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonious
    but i've heard several things suggesting if your not lifting more you probably arent growing.
    Maybe you just aren't resting more and eating more...ever thought of that?
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

If your bench has hit a plateau, switch to a different pressing movement that will compliment your bench. Like board press, floor press, pin press, db press, j press, etc. Also take a look at your form, make sure you're accessory work is solid (triceps, shoulders, lats), and don't be scared to reduce volume.

Having said that, if your goal is to gain muscle, try eating more food.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Thanks, eatting isn't something im worried about right now, I just want to switch up my routine.

If anyone could suggest a 4-5 day routine, i'd be interested.

Your Stated Problem: not gaining muscle, bench plateau.

Our Solution: make slight modifications to your routine/technique, eat more, rest more.

What You Really Meant to Say: hey guys, I'm too lazy to research some routines and/or design my own, so can you give one to me so I can blame my lack of progress on your routine?

What I Really Meant to Say: no one here is paid to spoon feed you, so do some homework and when you're ready to post a routine to ask advice, feel free. And don't forget to eat more.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310