The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Wrist pain

Wrist pain

For the past two years, I have off and on wrist pain. Its almost like a sprain but it will go away in a few days then be back in a month or two. Its a pain along the back of my hand into the top of my wrist. I dont know what the deal is here, and its pissing me off because sometimes it keeps me from lifting. Three days ago my right wrist started randomly hurting, and its still sore. Ive been popping glucosamine like skittles but it hasnt seemed to help any.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i have the same problem i ignored it for a very long time and it got worse go get it checked as i will do!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

If your get some wrist wraps. Might help abit when your lifting.
    Current: 5'8 165lbs

they do help a bit! but when the pain continues best to get it checked!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

i have gotten it checked out before and the doctor just said it was probably just a sprain and I ignored it. I got it x-rayed too, but that didnt show anything. Im going to make another appointment and see whats up.

and getfit, your av is hot!! How about a full-body shot for me

well get it checked again wouldn't do any harm as i have to do as well

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    bah! we need a bigger pic of the whole package

Quote Originally Posted by hoser813
    For the past two years, I have off and on wrist pain. Its almost like a sprain but it will go away in a few days then be back in a month or two. Its a pain along the back of my hand into the top of my wrist. I dont know what the deal is here, and its pissing me off because sometimes it keeps me from lifting. Three days ago my right wrist started randomly hurting, and its still sore. Ive been popping glucosamine like skittles but it hasnt seemed to help any.
    Dude I'm gald you posted on this subject. I've been very scared to talk about this, I'm afraid I may need surgery. Heres my story.

About 7 months ago, I was riding a 4wheeler and was drinking a little too much. Well I went to make a short turn and cut too fast. I rolled down a very large hill, the 4 wheeler came rolling down also. As it came down, i put my hands out to break the weight, when I did so, my wrist came back and I heard a loud pop. It swelled and i had no movement for about 2 weeks.I never took it to a doctor because i did'nt think it was broke and neither did my Grandmother, shes a nurse. After two weeks( I KNOW THIS WAS A MISTAKE AND STUPID), I was back in the gym lifting.

Now its been 7 months since the accident and i still have sharp pains in my wrist. But only when i do BB curls and preacher curls. This is affecting my workouts and is very very annoying. I wear a arm brace, but it does'nt seem to be doing any good. I just recently gave it some time off from lifting. Sometimes even when im not lifting i'll have small sharp pains. This is something that decided not to share with you guys because i was afraid everyone would say that its very bad. I cant see a doctor right now because until i am in school full time i cant have health insurance, i plan on in the fall going to see a doctor, if anyone has any suggestions would be great . Thanx alot everyone.

Ryan

well chances are you did break it, maybe a small fracture and not a complete break. You defintily should of had it x-rayed no matter what. Chances are you never let it heal properly and its still messed up.

Thats what i'm afraid of. I think I pretty much have been avoding going to the doctor. But I plan on seeing someone in august.

I have the same problem.. Hurt my wrist a year ago in football, attempting to block a guy much bigger than me who tried going past me as fast as they could. I tried to block him and in the attempt my wrist twisted.. Hurt like hell for about two weeks... Sort of stopped.. Then about every month if I'm lifting weights or doing something involving my right hand (no, not that you perverts) it'll pop and swell or feel like something is broken. The pain seems to go away about two days later.. Then comes back again a week or two later

--Jordon

You could have had a hairline fracture or something like that, in which case it would have been very easy for it to become misaligned. When I broke my wrist a little over 2 years ago, I was in a cast for about 6 weeks. My arms got weak as hell but it built up rather quickly. If it's not already too late, have it checked out for sure or you'll regret it later.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by Guido
    You could have had a hairline fracture or something like that, in which case it would have been very easy for it to become misaligned. When I broke my wrist a little over 2 years ago, I was in a cast for about 6 weeks. My arms got weak as hell but it built up rather quickly. If it's not already too late, have it checked out for sure or you'll regret it later.
    Honestly though, it feels as if it is getting better. Hardly in sharp pains and they are'nt as intense as before. But like I said I do plan on going to get it looked at by a doctor in august. Thanx