Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny

Man those rows own! Your 1rm is way up there dude..

Don't sweat the bench adjustment. You're dead-on that the short term is worth it in the long-term. You may even find that you can switch back later-on, when you have stronger shoulders.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Good deal on the bulk Rex...great to see U stepping up so smoothly with the bb rows and everything.
    Last edited by Coke; 09-03-2005 at 07:29 AM.

Great back session Rex, good luck with the bulk!
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Mint
    Hammer Curls
    35 x 10
    35 x 9
    35 x 9 ---- 980
    Comments: Man, those 40's felt heavy. Feeling a little out of it mentally so went with the 35's today. No biggie.

Close Grip Bench Press
    115 x 10
    115 x 5
    115 x 5
    120 x 3---- 2660
    Comments: Next week I'll up the weight a bit.

BB Curls
    75 x 8
    70 x 8 ---- 1160
    Comments: Sloppy.

Bench Dips
    95 x 9
    95 x 7
    95 x 7 ---- 2185
    Comments: Nada.

Total Work: 6985

Diet ace, sleep fine. Bodyweight at a thin 147.6 this morning. Averaged 2250 cals a day last week. This week I'm shooting for 2350. See if that puts some weight on me bones.

MM: Ha. Just keep rowing and you'll have me jealous in no time!

Patrick: Thanks man. My goal is to Row 200 for a triple by the end of the year. I may actually reach that one!

Coke, Manveet: Thanks guys. 160 by January is my mantra.
    "To make a big training like Dimas, you can not be a pussy." - Christos Iakovou

prepare yourself, because it's a big training

Turnin nothin into somethin, is God work
    And you get nothin without struggle and hard work

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. - Henri Bergson.

The weight will come on my man...in my case it was a slow process indeed, lol. The work on those arms not bad.

MORE CALS!

Seriously. 2800-3000 clean and you'll be adding slabs of moosel.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Mint
    Deadlifts
    warmup: w/overhand grip
    115 x 10
    155 x 8
    185 x 5
    work: w/overhand grip
    215 x 5
    215 x 5
    235 x 2 ---- 2620
    Comments: Decided to back off a bit and drop the weight. Still didn't feel right. Strange feeling in my hips and legs, I know my recent DL problems are mental but **** its frustrating. I'm going to stick with the light weight and try to get comfortable again.

Pull-Ups
    10 x 6
    10 x 5
    10 x 5 ---- 160
    Comments: Pronated grip, not done to failure. Not too shabby with ten pounds strapped to my back. Best weighted session so far.

Total Work: 2780

Diet perfect, sleep good. This was yesterdays workout but I didn't have the opportunity to log it until now. Overall it was a rather mundane session. Didn't feel tired or drained and frankly if I don't feel like that after deads I feel like somethings wrong. Did 185 x 3 on the BB Row just for the **** of it.

I've been employing Pavels "greese the groove" pull-up concept in a haphazard way over the past few weeks and it has certainly helped. I've seen an increase in absolute strength and endurance.

Coke: Thanks brother. I wish I had the time to read through your journal from the start. There must be allot of helpful things in there.

MM: It's a strange bulk that begins at 2350 cals per day, isn't it? 160 by January, man I can feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex
    I've been employing Pavels "greese the groove" pull-up concept in a haphazard way over the past few weeks and it has certainly helped. I've seen an increase in absolute strength and endurance.
    Cool, I justed started "ladder training" for chins last week. I don't know if doing them just once a week will be effective enough for me, but we'll see how it goes.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Mint
    Flat Bench
    warm-up: 65 x 12, 85 x 8, 105 x 5, 115 x 3
    work:
    140 x 3.5
    130 x 7
    140 x 3
    130 x 5 ---- 2470
    Comments: Using the closer grip and shoulders feel better. Still not perfect but huge improvement. Strength is slightly up from last week. Will continue to press with the narrower grip and pray for strength. Like mana from the heavens, give me strength.

Incline Bench
    120 x 6
    115 x 6
    115 x 5 ---- 1985
    Comments: Brought the grip in even closer than last week. Strength slightly up, pain down and it is good.

Total Work: 4455

Diet ace, sleep good. Todays lifting was fine. I was hoping for a big day, instead I got this. Such is life.

First week of school and so far so good. I've already spent 250 dollars on just two books. I've still got to buy my org chem book to the tune of 227 bucks. I'm a ****ing student, where do they think I'm coming up with over 500 dollars in a weeks time? ****ing mafia. Where's the love?

Always cute chicks in class and the campus is just inundated with hotties. Staten Island is like Melrose Place. Except less tan, less blonde, Italian names and funny accents. It's like the Soprano's. Except Tony's name is Tina and Tina is hot with big tits.

Manveet: It's funny cause I was thinking about you doing the ladders as I was writing that. I've read about the ladders and will incorporate them into my routine at sooner or later. I've found that whole "greese the groove" business has worked for me. So much so that I'm actually considering trying it for the Bench Press at some point.

Good luck with school bro, great to be having so much eye candy - ...nice and precise chest workout.

School books are outrageous. Sometimes, late at night, I cry.

Eat more food dood.

Schools A Biatch....

Looks like the bench strength has hardly suffered..that's kickass for you!

Aparently the F'in law has his name in a crapload of chemistry textbooks..lol I wonder...

5/3/1 Journal

Mint
    Pull-Ups
    BW x 11
    BW x 8
    BW x 7 ---- 26
    Comments: BW x 11(!). First time ever breaking 10 and it's good.

Barbell Rows
    95 x 10
    170 x 7
    170 x 7
    170 x 7 ---- 4982
    Comments: Grip issues.

Dumbell Rows
    77 x 10
    77 x 8 ---- 1386
    Comments: 77 x 10 (!). Next week I'll row w/82. Still haet. These.

Total work: 4982

Diet perfect, sleep good. Coming down with a cold maybe. Throat is a bit sore. I was going to skip today but back day is best day. It's like no matter what the **** I do I make progress. Very happy w/todays gains.

Wish I could make these kind of gains on chest day.

Aint a damn thing changed except my underwear.

Coke: Eye candy... I want mouth candy!!!

MM: I'm trying to bulk slowly so that I keep my bf down. 160 by January brother. I guarantee it.

Crapsicle:

mrelwooddowd: What's his f'in name, your f'in law?

Couldn't help it, being corny. Sorry. But seriously, what's his name?
    Last edited by Rex; 09-08-2005 at 08:09 PM.

I swear, dude..those rows kill me! Eventually you'll hit a plateau--then, I'll swoop in for the kill!

Sent you a f'in PM...

5/3/1 Journal

Fine back training Rex...sweet pullups and bb/db rows.

Nice back session man. Always nice to see some progress, especially with the pullups.

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    I swear, dude..those rows kill me! Eventually you'll hit a plateau--then, I'll swoop in for the kill!
    Why wait for him to hit a plateau? Kill him now! Kill him now!

Nice rowing, sailor.

Mint
    Hammer Curls
    35 x 10
    37 x 8
    37 x 8 ---- 942
    Comments: I think I'm a little too sloppy with these so I'm going to continue to use 35 / 37 pounds until I feel I can handle the weight better.

Close Grip Bench Press
    120 x 6
    115 x 8
    120 x 7 ---- 2480
    Comments: Not bad. Next week I'll use 120 on all three sets.

BB Curls
    75 x 8
    75 x 7 ---- 1162
    Comments: Decent amount of reps w/75 pounds on both sets. Good.

Bench Dips
    95 x 10
    95 x 9
    95 x 7 ---- 2470
    Comments: 26 reps in 3 sets. Goal is 30 in 3. Then I bump up the weight.

Total Work: 7054

Diet perfect, sleep good. I averaged 2350 cals/day last week, my bodyweight is up a pound to 148.6. I'm going to take in 2350 again this week and see what happens. I could definitely eat allot more, take in many more cals, but I want to stay as lean as possible. So, like everything else in this game, patience is the key.

On saturday me and my buddy got to talking and he says that he's stronger than me. I laugh. He says he can beat my 1RM on any lift. I laugh and we head downstairs to my gymn.

I've never maxed out before on any lift. So I really don't know what I can do. My friend weighs 160 but he's a little taller than me. So it's a battle of the skinnies. Long story short - my back was a touch stronger than his, his bench killed mine. My squat killed his. Didn't have enough weight to max on the DL.

Pullup: BW(146) +65 x 1
    DB Row: 122 x 1
    BB Row: 205 x 2
    Clean & Press: 125 x 1
    One Arm Clean & Press: 52 x 1
    Bench: 155 failed.
    ATF Back Squat: 275 x 1

Feeling a bit banged up today. My left shoulder (still) and something new, my right elbow, are both in slight pain. A bit tired mentally, I really forced myself to lift today. I'm glad that I did. I'd like to continue until the first week of October, then I'll take a week off. I'll probably change up my routine a bit too.

mrelwooddowd: Thanks man. I'm not sure how to respond via PM. Duh. I checked my lab book and didn't see his name. I'll check the lecture book when I get it.

Coke, Manveet: Thanks guys.

MM: lol. Hey Pat, you might as well kill me now cause I don't ever plan on hitting a plateau!
    Last edited by Rex; 09-12-2005 at 08:58 PM.

Patience can indeed be a virtue - ...dude is staying on the move with some more great arm work.
    Last edited by Coke; 09-13-2005 at 05:56 AM.

lol @ 2 skinnys on teh face-off!

You squatted 275???!?!?!?! < me

Just for future reference, to respond to a PM you hit the quote button and it gives you a response area.

5/3/1 Journal

Mint
    Deadlifts
    warmup: w/overhand grip
    115 x 10
    155 x 8
    185 x 5
    work: w/overhand grip
    215 x 6
    215 x 5
    235 x 3 ---- 3070
    Comments: Grip issues again. Still, these felt better coming up than they have in a long time. The weight felt light and my hip, ugh, girdle (?), didn't feel the same kind of stress that it was feeling.

Pull-Ups
    10 x 6
    10 x 5
    10 x 5 ---- 160
    Comments: Last rep of last set was a tough one. My right elbow hurts after doing these. If the pain continues I'll switch to chins.

Total Work: 3230

Diet perfect, sleep ok. Though I'm way off my best DLing I'm still pleased with todays session. I'm having some serious mental problems with pulling the ****ing weight off the ground and I feel as if todays session has helped put me back on track. My form just felt right today. First time in a while. Grip is still a big issue and continues to be the weak link. It's ok. I'm going to keep the weight down and use the double overhand grip. Work on form and grip for now.

Allot of hotties in school today. This chick Sandy, unfortunately not one of the hotties (she's a butter face... everything is hot but her face), asked me for my number to hang out. I gave it to her but don't really want to talk or hang out with her. There are some good prospects though! These chicks aren't going to ask me out though. I'm gonna need to do the asking.

That takes a different kind of strength. Play on playa. Run that game.

Coke: Thanks bro. If I was as big as you I'd be clubbing these girls upside the head and dragging them back to my den!

Patrick: I was pretty surprised myself. And it was relatively easy. It's getting out of the hole that's a bitch. I'm so ****ing skinny that the range of motion on that squat is pretty large.

Hm, do you ever use a mixed grip for your deadlifts? I honestly think it's the only way to go. I can barely hold on to 315 with an overhand grip, but it's not a big problem with a mixed grip. Good dedin.

Quote Originally Posted by MM
    Hm, do you ever use a mixed grip for your deadlifts? I honestly think it's the only way to go. I can barely hold on to 315 with an overhand grip, but it's not a big problem with a mixed grip. Good dedin.
    I concur..

Rex..Does Sandy have summer teeth?

You know..some are here, and some are there?

5/3/1 Journal

Pull-Ups
    10 x 6
    10 x 5
    10 x 5 ---- 160
    Comments: Last rep of last set was a tough one. My right elbow hurts after doing these. If the pain continues I'll switch to chins.

I DONT GET IT - YOU DID A TOLTAL OF 160 PULL UPS WITH BODY WEIGHT?!