The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Next Generation Gaming Consoles

Well if you're getting a new console, which are you getting? X-Box 360, PS3, or that GameCube Generation thing? If you aren't into games and so on, don't flame the forum please Haha... Thanks and Happy 4th of July

------Jordon

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I will stick so my sexy new laptop
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    the new Nintendo console will be called Nintendo Revolution. Looking forward to PS3 as usual.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

I will have all three. On launch day. A little bit of disposable income is a dangerous thing. (Notice I said "little")
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

The XBox 360 becasue of Morrowind. The PS3 becasue it the PlayStation and traditionally has had the best games (IMHO). The Revolution because you'll be able to download the old NES and SNES games--the were da bomb before Play Station.
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

none. no money

I think i will get xbox 360 just for halo 3 then...PS3 for killzone anyone have seen the killzone 2 video its sick!
    "Show me a loser, and I'll show you a loser"-Stu Ungar
    "You're not your job.You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive.You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f*ckin khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world"-Tyler Durden

ps3.ign.com has the Killzone 2 video, so check it ou!
    "You're not your job.You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive.You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f*ckin khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world"-Tyler Durden

I've seen the Killzone 2 video, pretty good But I like the X-Box 360's Quake IV video.. It's unbelievable. I think I'm going to go with the route of the X-Box 360.. Don't get me wrong, I have a PS1 and PS2, but the X-Box is all about online capabilities. I know the PS3 will have online functions, but I just don't think it will be as big as the X-Box 360's IMO. I'm looking forward to the computer games that will be comming to X-Box 360.. They're thinking about bringing WoW into it along with some other titles. Anyways, keep your choices commin and your opinions Thanks

--Jordon

im not going to get the x box 360 because they gave it such a gay name since they didnt want to look behind playstation. im going with the ps3, not the X BOX 2 (take that bill gates )

PS3. I'll get it when I get some money (i will this summer) + that to birthday money+ that to christmas, and i should have one
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

definitely gonna get the xbox360 and ps3. i might pick up the revolution.

Fortunately, the release dates will be spread out, so I won't be dropping a grand in, like, a month.

Xbox 360.....although I've heard rumors that it could approach $400. I'm too lazy to do my own research on this and I'm not even sure if this is correct.

the new nintendo is gonna kick ass...all those classic games that you will be able to play online. Excitebike, bubble bobble etc etc etc etc etc etc

B+D+S = 1 Massive Mofo
    Quote Originally Posted by jack_of_all
    im not going to get the x box 360 because they gave it such a gay name since they didnt want to look behind playstation. im going with the ps3, not the X BOX 2 (take that bill gates )
    Yeah i'm sure old bill is filling for bank foreclosure as we speak! I think i'm going with the xbox360, just because I don't have a xbox right now but that I do have a ps2. Why not spruce your computer up?
    Past (4Jul05) | Present (22Nov05)
    Weight - 205 | 217
    BF - 26% | 22%
    Max Bench - 230| 295
    Max Dead - 240 | 275
    Max Squat - 240 | 315
    Total: [710] | [885]

PS3, then I'll spend the rest of my $ upgrading my comp to a Dual 2.4-3.0ghz, 2gb ram, 256mb vid card, 200gb HD, and a 21" monitor.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

I don't even play my current system. Perhaps because it is hard as **** to find Atari 2600 games.

Ps3

I was watching some vids of games being developed for the ps3. They look absolutely amazing, especially that new I-8 game.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    I don't even play my current system. Perhaps because it is hard as **** to find Atari 2600 games.
    Tired of pong already?

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

I'm going with whichever is gonna get the next GTA first. I read that it might not be sony this time which is kinda unfortunate. Maybe I'll just get the xbox and playstaton.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Grasshoppa
    Microsoft isn't even focusing any resources on Xbox anymore, everything is pretty much going into the 360. Only 3rd party titles are being released for the xbox. For this generation, the playstation 2 wins out. It has the hugest assortment of titles.

The trick for the next generation is figuring out what you're into. I'm willing to bet that Microsoft will be making plays to license titles that were previously playstation only titles. So, with game diversity aside, the xbox will most likely have the better online gaming platform. That's all speculation, though. If the present xbox had the game diversity of playstation, I would get it in a heartbeat. It's a superior console graphically and, as said, a better online service option.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

What do you think of PS3's controller.....kinda disappointing but who knows it could be cool like for example....being caught in Metal Gear 4 or whatever, you throw the controller and it boomeranges back into ur hand...haha

i was looking at the specs of xbox and ps3, their very close. xbox might have a slight edge but i doubt it will make a big differance.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.