The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG5150
    The XBox 360 becasue of Morrowind. The PS3 becasue it the PlayStation and traditionally has had the best games (IMHO). The Revolution because you'll be able to download the old NES and SNES games--the were da bomb before Play Station.
    Or you could just chip your current PS2 or Xbox and run emulators on them

I have a chipped Xbox with a 250gb HDD, and basically every game for Amiga, Commodore, NES, SNES, Sega, n64, Atari, etc.

On topic: I plan on buying both, seeing as I have the Xbox and PS2 currently.

I went to a strip club with some Microsoft Game Studio guys a few months ago.

They are very generous with their cash. Your xbox purchases bought many lap dances.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    I don't even play my current system. Perhaps because it is hard as **** to find Atari 2600 games.
    Hell yeah. I just got Asteroids and Q-Bert. The graphics blow me away!
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Hail Atari! Anyways.. I got a tidbit of info. The XBox 360 is going to be sold at $299 US, and the PS3 is going to be $399 US and $425 in yen for Japan. The PS3 was approximately $495 to make, so they're going to suffer a $1.8 BILLION dollar loss the first year. They're going to sell like hell, but they're losing a lot Take a look at IGN, GameSpot, and just about any other online gaming website if you don't believe me on this.. Anyways.. It's because the PS3 did so much research on The Cell video chip thing that's so advanced it cost them I think around a good billion dollars in research. Of course, the PS3 will have more sales than the X-Box 360, but that must suck for the first year of loss. But all the other years is when they'll start making a profit. To reply to a few comments on here.. The X-Box 360 will support more computer games and are looking into games such as World of Warcraft, GuildWars, and the Final Fantasy XI team is already in the process of making a product for the launch date. Sounds interesting.. I can't wait to see what this technology can do

---Jordon

Perpetual Hunger
    Hehehe cant wait!!!

Gonna get all three of the next gen consoles......XBOX 360 will be sikk
    22 - 5'9'' - 200 lb
    PR's - Squat 300 | Bench 225 | Deadlift 400 | BW 200
    "Squat Much"?

Quote Originally Posted by Guido
    Hell yeah. I just got Asteroids and Q-Bert. The graphics blow me away!
    I won't rest until I beat Pitfall.

I'll probably buy whichever one has better periphery functions, such as jukebox/multimedia, and doesn't look horrid sitting on my tv stand.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    I won't rest until I beat Pitfall.
    Well, you've only had roughly 25 years to do it... You'd better get crackin'.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

It is normal for game companies to take a loss on hardware whenever a new console launches, since they typically focus on acquiring market share rather than generating a profit during the first year. During the second year and afterward, they can recover the losses with the savings that come from mass production and with licensing fees from publishers.

BTW: XBox360 cost ~$400 to make and will sell ~$300
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by CiteCollegiale
    the new nintendo is gonna kick ass...all those classic games that you will be able to play online. Excitebike, bubble bobble etc etc etc etc etc etc
    My understanding is that it's going to be very affordable, as well. The technology isn't very advanced (which is fine, since for Nintendo it's about the gameplay, and not sweat dripping off a lineman's nose), and seems to be quite small as well, about the size of 3 DVD cases stacked together, I believe.

It's obviously a completely different angle then the other 2 systems, which will be busy fighting each other for domination of the #1 slot.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

gameplay over graphics for sure

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Here's the links to the new consoles for each major gaming company.

Nintendo Revolution:
    http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/ninten...tion-spec.html

Playstation 3:
    http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/ps3/ps3-official.html

XBox 360:
    http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/xbox2/xbox-360.html
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

B+D+S = 1 Massive Mofo
    Graphics over gameplay most definitely
    Past (4Jul05) | Present (22Nov05)
    Weight - 205 | 217
    BF - 26% | 22%
    Max Bench - 230| 295
    Max Dead - 240 | 275
    Max Squat - 240 | 315
    Total: [710] | [885]

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pfc3rex
    Assuming you're joking...

But there really ARE some people who feel that way.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

"Vin Diesel has both PS3 and X-Box 360, but hardly ever plays them because he is too busy playing his PS4 and X-Box 720."
    Last edited by ElPietro; 07-07-2005 at 09:51 AM.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

I'll prolly get a PS3 for Metal Gear Solid, but I'm really looking forward to the Revolution. I got an Xbox this generation and have not been impressed by the 1st party games.

Why Revolution? Nintendo has created the greatest console games, but such was not the case last generation. I'm hoping they rebound and make great games again like Super Mario World, Ocorina of Time, etc. The new Zelda for GC looks really sweet, and I'll buy a GC just so I can play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mission

Why Revolution? Nintendo has created the greatest console games, but such was not the case last generation. I'm hoping they rebound and make great games again like Super Mario World, Ocorina of Time, etc. The new Zelda for GC looks really sweet, and I'll buy a GC just so I can play it.
    I bought my GameCube just for Zelda, though I have several more games for it now.
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

What many people don't understand, is that it's OK to be #2 or #3 in your field of business, especially if you're profitable, and are sitting on a HYUUUGE pile of expendable cash (as Nintendo is).

It's so "American" to be #1. Whatever.

Nintendo is aiming to be the #2 gaming system in EVERYONE'S household, while the other two systems battle it out for Dominant System Featuring a Game With a Realistic Drip of Snot Falling From a Soldier's Nose.

(yawn)

Give me those goofy konga-drum games over that virtual soldier sh*t, any day. X-Men Legends is about as realistic & challenging as I need a game to be. Metroid Prime 2 is cool as well. I'm sure with 2-3 times more power, a newer iteration of that game would look even more superior, albeit it's all about the game play. I don't want realistic looking metal or skin. I want great gameplay at a kick-ass frame-rate versus other humans across the nation, with a game that doesn't look like a damn choppy mosaic. Or give me vintage games on demand.

Revolution will be about HALF the price of the other two systems, as it's only about 2-3 times more powerful than the current GameCube, which is already like 4 years old.

Nintendo won't be #1, but they'll have the deepest penetration as a #2 system, and they WON'T take a hit on the hardware sales, not unlike their GameBoy line of products.

I mean, the Nintendo DS blows the technologically superior Sony PSP out of the water in terms of sales, yet the GameBoy Advance line owns BOTH of them like little puppies.

There's room for MORE than just one system in these times. It's not just Nintendo versus Sega anymore.

I'm sure I'll eventually own a PS3, but the Revolution is on my schedule within a year of it's release. That much is certain.

I wouldn't be shocked if Revolution hits the market with a ton more games than the other two high-end systems.....NOT that it makes it "superior" or "better". I'm just noting the obvious. These next 2 systems, especially the superior PS3, are going to be difficult as h*ll to code, with intense multi-threading, etc. I'm talking about TRULY pushing the unit, and coding to the metal.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by pfc3rex
    You just into the pretty colors, eh?
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    You just into the pretty colors, eh?
    I want to see the microbial bacteria in the soldier's snot dripping from his nose. Only THEN will I be happy with my multiplayer online gameplay.

Forget about Donkey Kong and his drums. I want to sit in solitary confinement and play wargames while visualizing realistic sweat dripping from a French soldier's wimpy forehead. I want to see......

........no, wait........I have a life.

Seriously, none of the previous machines have been truly "pushed".

Nintendo *just maybe* has got it right. The other machines are superior, but Nintendo will still offer an interesting product. And that's really all that matters.

Nobody has written a game that pushes the GameCube to the point of "meltdown" and that system is superior in every way possible to the PS2.

Now figure that the Revolution has 2-3 times more power (albeit weak multi-threading) of the GameCube......Nintendo fans will be set for quite a while.

That said, the "sexiness" is still there for the PS3.....the power, the raw capability, the lure of possibility, and the future. Hey, they can afford to sell it at a loss......

It's all about the games. I've bought each of my current consoles for a particular game:

PS: Final Fantasy VII
    N64: Super Mario 64
    GameBoy Color: Tetris
    Dreamcast: Soul Calibur
    PS2: SSX, Madden
    XBox: Halo
    GameCube: Zelda:Windwaker
    GBA: Super Mario 3, Dodgeball

I will get the 360 for Morrowind (hopefully it's a launch title). Not sure of any PS3 lauch titles yet, but I'm sure there's one that I'll want. And the Revolution just so I can play the old stuff!

It's wierd tho', I haven't had the yen to play anything lately. I have Metroid Prime, Halo 2, Star Ocean, Baldur's Gate and Golden Sun all queued up, but haven't turned any of them on lately. (Maybe I gotta stay off the internet...lol)

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Final Fantasy VII had the absolute BEST storyline of any game ever created. I hope to god they make a movie of it someday...VIII was excellent as well.
    If I ever fall into a coma I hope I will be living in a fantasy world consisting of one of these two stories. And I will be uber pissed if anyone tries to wake me up.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatred
    Final Fantasy VII had the absolute BEST storyline of any game ever created. I hope to god they make a movie of it someday.
    They are making an animated movie of it. It's been in production for a few years now, I believe. The last time I saw a trailer of it was maybe 2 years ago.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park