I've been experiencing severe pain in my left wrist for approximately the last 4 months. The pain occurs mostly during pulling exercises such as rows and shrugs, but also with heavy barbell curls. I do not experience any pain when doing pushing exercises such as benching and military pressing. Deadlifts cause some pain, but the pain is most extreme when rowing, shrugging and curling.

I think the whole thing started when I was doing heavy curls with an EZ curl bar. Or it might have been heavy shrugs with a barbell. I'm not sure exactly. I eliminated curling with a barbell(I use DBs now but even that causes pain) and I started doing shrugs, DLs and rows with an EZ curl bar but that really hasn't helped at all. It's gotten to the point where I've learned to accept the pain and work out with it, but I'm worried that I'm permanently damaging my wrist as a result. I'm also very scared that the same thing will happen to my right wrist, and don't know what to do. I tried using wrist wraps but they don't help. The pain lessens after my workout, but invariably returns during subsequent workouts where I do those exercises. Let me try and describe the pain.

Hold out your hands in front of you, parallel to the floor, with your palms facing the floor. Now rotate your wrist so that your palm is facing upwards. This act triggers immense pain in my left wrist around the edge facing my body, and the pain gets progressively worse as I keep rotating my wrist past the point where my palms are facing upwards. I have no idea if the pain is muscular, or related to my tendons/ligaments.

I've tried taking a couple of weeks off to see if my wrist heals. The situation did improve somewhat, but has always come back when rowing, shrugging and sometimes DLing. I don't know what to do. I think I'm gonna have to completely stop doing the exercises I mentioned for several months for the problem to completely go away, but obviously I don't want to do that. I've worked out very hard for the last 6 months and cannot tolerate the idea of stopping.

What should I do? I bet that if I go see a doctor, he's just gonna tell me to completely quit for a few months. Do any of you guys have this condition?