The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar

May contain peanuts.

I've got 3 lbs. of peanuts sitting next to me, and I was reading the can and it says "May contain peanuts."

Why?
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Because someone will sue them for having an allregic reaction and there being no warning ROFL
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

ROFL i've seen that before, that's hilarious...

that IS hilarious..this thread stays...

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

lol...I just thought it was so stupid. I mean, you're eating peanuts, and it may contain peanuts...hm, who would've guessed?
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Yeah

I'm allergic to peanuts and had a real close call once...

It was like a month ago or something. I grabbed a can of peanuts out of the kitchen. I got back downstairs and grabbed a handful and was JUST about to throw them into my mouth, when i noticed it said "may contain peanuts" on the side..

Thank god they have the warning. Close call.

Quote Originally Posted by pinky8713
    Yeah

It was like a month ago or something. I grabbed a can of peanuts out of the kitchen. I got back downstairs and grabbed a handful and was JUST about to throw them into my mouth, when i noticed it said "may contain peanuts" on the side..

LOL

I'd be more concerned about the "MAY" comment. What else could be in there? And more importantly, WHY would something else be in there? Just that there could be a chance that a can of peanuts may not contain only peanuts disturbs me.

What brand by the way?
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

MAY contain peanuts because if someone fills it with **** and someone dies form eating the **** after all the peanuts were gone, they could sue the company for making them eat ****.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapump979
    MAY contain peanuts because if someone fills it with **** and someone dies form eating the **** after all the peanuts were gone, they could sue the company for making them eat ****.
    Well, that should be the case with anything...I could fill my milk jug with arsenic...and should anyone drink from that jug...nah.
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

But I know what you mean. There are laws that say crap like that has to be labeled. To me, there's a lot of laws that are there to keep stupid people from hurting themselves.

(I said that once in another thread and I was called uncivilized--I hope my point is taken this time)

i think i read a statistic that was something like "America harbors more than 40% of the world's lawyers". That is why, my friend, law suits, litigation. that is why we have stupid warnings and paranoid school districts.

they scare our teachers!
    lol.

And, once again, what brand was it? I'm ready to send an e-mail to someone.....

Banned
    LOL..."may" contain penuts...haha

What can I say, people are stupid:

"For external use only!" -- On a curling iron.
    "Do not use in shower." -- On a hair dryer.
    "Do not place this product into any electronic equipment." -- On the case of a chocolate CD in a gift basket.
    "Recycled flush water unsafe for drinking." -- On a toilet at a public sports facility in Ann Arbor, Michigan

http://rinkworks.com/said/warnings.shtml
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

And my favourite:
    "May irritate eyes." -- On a can of self-defense pepper spray.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrix
    i think i read a statistic that was something like "America harbors more than 40% of the world's lawyers". That is why, my friend, law suits, litigation. that is why we have stupid warnings and paranoid school districts.
    This is exactly right.

Stupid warnings like that are the result of overlitigious Americans.

Period.

Likely to cover their ass from ignorant people filing a lawsuit.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

I dunno, they weren't my nuts. But it was the funniest thing.

And on some frozen food I saw once: Food may be hot after heating.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 07-07-2005 at 09:52 AM.
    Lifting Journal

Quote Originally Posted by pinky8713
    Yeah

ROFL. So they have that warning for people like YOU.
    Lifting Journal

B+D+S = 1 Massive Mofo
    I believe you just like saying **** alot.
    Past (4Jul05) | Present (22Nov05)
    Weight - 205 | 217
    BF - 26% | 22%
    Max Bench - 230| 295
    Max Dead - 240 | 275
    Max Squat - 240 | 315
    Total: [710] | [885]

B+D+S = 1 Massive Mofo
    Quote Originally Posted by AllUp
    Likely to cover their ass from ignorant people filing a lawsuit.
    People are always looking for the easy route, such as finding ways to cheat companies out of millions of dollars because their taking everything literally. If that's the case then when someone dies of lung cancer, does their family get a profit from it? I think not.
    Past (4Jul05) | Present (22Nov05)
    Weight - 205 | 217
    BF - 26% | 22%
    Max Bench - 230| 295
    Max Dead - 240 | 275
    Max Squat - 240 | 315
    Total: [710] | [885]

"Do not attempt to stop the blade with your hand or genitals." -- In the manual for a Swedish chainsaw.
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Well I would never try to stop the blade with my hands, but its a good thing they had that genital warning on there.

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    that IS hilarious..this thread stays...

Ah, a stamp of approval.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo