The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Live 8

Live 8

Any of you guys watch it? What did you think?

I saw most of it on TV, but I have to say that Canada got the short end in my opinion. It would have been great to see the London Live8 concert, but oh well.
    My Stats
    Weight: 180
    Height: 5'8''

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Ew.
    "Geneing Leans Green"

I would have liked to see Pink Floyd..I totally forgot about it.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

I was just flippin' through and saw pink floyd. Listened to "wish you were here" and "comfortably numb" and then i had to go...pink floyd rocks.

A circle jerk of monumental proportions. Africa's problems will never be solved by throwing money at them. The bulk of the proceeds will go to the despots and what little money that makes it to the people living in poverty will just keep them alive long enough to have 10 more kids that can grow up and leech on the welfare of civilized nations.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    LMAO, Brian you're such a sceezball.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by -sin-
    A circle jerk of monumental proportions. Africa's problems will never be solved by throwing money at them. The bulk of the proceeds will go to the despots and what little money that makes it to the people living in poverty will just keep them alive long enough to have 10 more kids that can grow up and leech on the welfare of civilized nations.
    Pretty much the same as the rant on my blog, people just haven't though about what this is actually doing and I'd bet 75% or more didn't even know what it was about.

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    I would have liked to see Pink Floyd..I totally forgot about it.
    i didn't even know know they were gonna play untill i changed the chanel and there they are. I was pissed. And Canadian Life 8 was in my town, about 15 minute drive, i must say the line up was crap, Montley Crue would be the only band worth seeing imo.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Quote Originally Posted by -sin-
    Completely :withstupi I hate those bands/singers anyway.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

And Paul McCartney! What a freakin' EGO...he was going to pull out of the show if he didn't open AND close the show!
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

I hear they're giving the performers in the USA some sort of goodie bag of stuff worth 15,000 bucks. Nice.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Watched parts of the London Live 8. The people to benefit most will be the 'artists' that performed(album sales, promo etc).

Snoop was an ass for constantly shouting motherf**ker this and motherf**ker that, "whats my motherf**kin name?!" - Yeah, nice one Snoop, late afternoon slot. On that bandwagon of 'let's all swear to get the message across, rock n roll" was Madonna and 'Razorlight' - what a joke.

A bunch of folks, at a 'free' concert, having a great day, seeing the bands/artists, some of which they've always wanted to see, going back home and bragging about the bands they got to see to their chums.. for free.. at what point during the day do you think most people would be thinking about Africa? 1 in 50? 1 in 500?

It's aim - to raise awareness - achieved. Easy part. Actually acting on it and doing something about it? "Changing the future" ? I'm not seeing it.
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

lol, I thought Snoop was awesome

ok, he swore a bit too much, but a good play.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

I don't mind his music, i just think he could of eased off with the mouth a bit.
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

3:16
    well now that the despot african leaders will have more money.

is it a good time to buy shares in weapon manufacturers? anyone know of a good land mine company, i think there sales about to increase.
    At least this puts money back into my countries economy!
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Let's try to keep this from getting out of hand, shall we?

Let's focus on performers, their inflated egos, and their overall preteniousness.

I would have let Paul McCartney do whatever he wants. His shows are incredible.
    Last edited by Patz; 07-03-2005 at 02:18 PM.

5/3/1 Journal

I would have let Paul McCartney do whatever he wants. His shows are incredible.
    He's a spoiled old brat. "If I can't play first AND last, I'm taking my ball and going home. "
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by BG5150
    He's a spoiled old brat. "If I can't play first AND last, I'm taking my ball and going home. "
    I've seen him in concert twice, and he DOES have a bit of an ego--it's understandable considering that he was a main ingredient of the shaping of music as we know it. He's quite a nice guy, and will always sign an autograph--he hasn't forgotten where his bread is buttered.

The point was, though, that no one on that bill has the showstopping capabilites of McCartney, and to lose him on the card wouldn't be worth it.

5/3/1 Journal

A guy with a big ego is a jerk whether he sings songs, lifts weights or washes cars...

If everyone constantly told you how great you were, and it was TRUE, it would get in your head. That, my friend, is human nature and can't be helped. The man is a legend, and still packs auditoriums around the world. Like I said, he's very nice to his fans and isn't known for tantrums. I'd also be willing to bet that we're only getting half of the story about his "tantrum."

5/3/1 Journal

Did anyone watch it on AOL?

Just curious how it sounded.

And looked.

my brother and sister just got back from london earlier. they said that parts were really good but the pop **** that UK people like was terrible.

If everyone constantly told you how great you were, and it was TRUE, it would get in your head. That, my friend, is human nature and can't be helped."
    once a person gives up sex for life "human nature" no longer exists. Sex, the ultimate ability to pass on your genes thus preserving a part of you within someone else, once a person gives that up, no more "human nature" Atleast thats my take on it. Sure everybody has feelings and erges but one has a choice. I'm way off topic for no reason at all.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianRocket
    once a person gives up sex for life "human nature" no longer exists. Sex, the ultimate ability to pass on your genes thus preserving a part of you within someone else, once a person gives that up, no more "human nature" Atleast thats my take on it. Sure everybody has feelings and erges but one has a choice. I'm way off topic for no reason at all.
    Huh? Who gave up sex?

I'm sorry, this has gone a bit off topic, and I'm partly to blame...lol.
    Last edited by Patz; 07-03-2005 at 08:10 PM.

5/3/1 Journal

The event was never intended to raise money. It was supposed to raise awareness. Apparently Africa's porblems can be solved by cancelling debt, better aid and fairer trade laws. Signing an online petition at live8.com was also supposed to help.
    Be cynical as you want about all these measures, but they're better than nothing.

Poorer countries don't leech off of civilised ones. Yes the citizens of the civilized countries help support them with 0.00000000001% of their welfare, but i hardly think that is a problem for us.
    Last edited by Mad Max; 07-04-2005 at 12:57 PM.