Thread: First Day Personal Training

First Day Personal Training

So today I had my first day of personal training as I just got certified last Thursday. Anyway my first client turned out to be a transsexual which I thought was kinda funny. My other client said he had been using personal trainers for the last 5 weeks to try to lose fat but it turned out his weight is a little bit higher than when he started and his bf% is exactly the same. Sometimes I feel bad that the people trying to lose weight are even paying for personal trainers. Almost all the fat-losing can be done without a trainer with a nice diet and some cardio. Oh well that's life.

Hopefully one day I'll be working on my own (not for LA Fitness where I work right now) and will be able to pick and choose clients cuz I'd much rather have people trying to get big than trying to lose weight since I can relate to them a whole lot more.

Just wanted to let you guys know what it was like.

It would be a dream job working with people to get bigger in my opinion anyway. spending all day showing people and helping people do what i love to do would definatly be job satisfaction.
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

theoratically people wouldn't need personal trainers if they did some research, it's just easier for them to pay somebody to tell/show them how to do it.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Indeed, you make money off the ignorant
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    Anyway my first client turned out to be a transsexual which I thought was kinda funny.
    LMAO!!!!!
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Quote Originally Posted by HILL
    It would be a dream job working with people to get bigger in my opinion anyway. spending all day showing people and helping people do what i love to do would definatly be job satisfaction.
    Most of your clients aren't going to be trying to get bigger. They are going to be 40yr old women who don't want to break a sweat.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    Most of your clients aren't going to be trying to get bigger. They are going to be 40yr old women who don't want to break a sweat.
    and they all come my way!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    *cough*
    haha you know what I meant
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    and they all come my way!
    Lol.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Quote Originally Posted by XxH0LyWaRsxX
    Indeed, you make money off the ignorant
    I wouldn't say "ignorant", maybe just misinformed or uninformed.

There are many things in life that you could read up on and do for yourself instead of paying someone for it. For example, if my car breaks down, I take it to my mechanic. I could read up on the problem and try to fix it for myself, but I would rather have the professional do it.

Also, take golf. I could read all the golf magazines, and watch the golf channel all the time to get tips on getting better. But I needed a professional to help me better my swing and get my game going in the direction I would like it to go--I want to be a 4 handicap by the end of the year.

So I don't blame anyone for going to a professional for help, especially if he or she doesn't have a colleague or friend with experience who could help. (I was lucky, I college I roomed w/ both a bodybuilder and a power lifter, so I learned a lot from those guys--especially my form.)

And, plus, there is so much conficting information on the web, and even, sometimes here, on WBB. So going to a trainer to help cut thru the bull plop, to me, is better than reading the 9-hour arm workout and heading staright for the gym...Not that every trainer is good. There are good lawyers and bad ones; good mechanics and poor ones, good trainers and terrible ones, too.

(fatrb38, I'm sure you'll be one of the good ones! )
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

good post BG5150.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.