Thread: Soy based pasta (?)

Soy based pasta (?)

Has anyone seen or tried soy based pasta? I saw it in the grocery store today. It has 28g of protein and only 18g of carbs in a serving. There's 6 servings in a 1# bag.

If you've tried it, how does it taste? I'm just try to get some reviews before I drop 3 bucks on a bag of pasta. Still, it's only $0.02 per gram or protein.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

How many cals in a serving? Sounds badass.

This is the stuff I was looking at today:

Darielle Fussilli, 12 oz package

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 3/4 Cup - 2oz(56g) dry
    Servings per container: 6
    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Calories 160
    Calories from Fat 10
    Total Fat 1 g 1%
    Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
    Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
    Sodium 40 mg 2%
    Total Carbohydrates 18 g 6%
    Dietary Fiber 8 g 32%
    Sugars 3 g
    Protein 28 g
    Vitamin A 0%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 15%
    Iron 45%

Ingredients: Defatted soy flour, pasteruized egg white, rice flour, wheat gluten, isolated soy proteins
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

that sounds pretty good i'd go for it!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Looks great, give it a go

I've had it before.

If I'm remembering correctly, it's not bad, but is a bit chewier than normal pasta and does taste somewhat different. With marinara and a bit of cheese, though, I thought it was decent.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Grasshoppa
    Yah, I buy it every now and then from Trader Joe's. It's not the greatest thing in the world, but it definately feeds my pasta cravings. B&I is right, somewhat chewier (aka harder) than normal pasta. I throw some fat free parmesan on top of it and it's just fine.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

..and I guess if I pummel it with sauce...

a nice mushroom sauce if you like mushrooms!
    Last edited by getfit; 07-06-2005 at 05:44 PM.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by BG5150
    ..and I guess if I pummel it with sauce...
    That can work too, though you'll pretty much be replacing the carbs you're trying to eliminate in the first place =P.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I'm not that worried about my carbs.