Thread: Cutting...help with diet

Cutting...help with diet

I've been cutting since May now...finally decided I needed to get in shape...I started at about 206-208 lbs..and now I'm 177.5 lbs...but it doesn't seem like my bodyfat level has dropped much. I realized I dropped too fast and lost alot of muscle, but I can notice the loss in fat too. I've lost about two inches off my waist. I got a bodyfat scale about a month and a half ago when I was still in the high 80s and I started at 21%...even since I've only dropped to 20% bodyfat. I am happy with the weight, but I want to drop the bodyfat drastically..guess I just lost all muscle... I'd appreciate if someone could help me figure out what to do...REALLY want to lose my chest fat..

Currently - 6'0" - 177.5 lbs. (been cutting at about 1800 calories)

Meal 1 -
    Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat - 1 serving
    Skim Milk - 3/4 cup

Meal 2 -
    Fat free Yogurt - 1 cup

Meal 3 -
    Slim Fast shake

Meal 4 -
    Tuna (6 oz.)
    Two slices toasted wheat bread

Meal 5 -
    Turkey (4 oz.)

Meal 6 -
    Chicken (6 oz.)
    Vegetables

Beverages -
    Water

My diet is usually close to that...Weightlifting, I've been following the WBB#1 routine and Abs on Tuesdays and Thursday.

Cardio - I do intevals of jogging and walking for an hour 3 times a week. (I started off running almost every day of the week at first, now I'm down to 3 times a week)

Swimming - 20 minutes of continuous breastrokes prolly twice or three times a week

Boxing (with punching box) - 15 minutes once or twice a week...

can someone critique what I'm doing and help drop my bodyfat level...?
    Last edited by g00dnick; 07-06-2005 at 02:55 PM.

i don't see any fats in your diet!
    Last edited by getfit; 07-06-2005 at 02:45 PM.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

oh...and usually a protein shake after lifting...

I've been wanting to cut the carbs down, but I don't really know how...the yogurt has a lot...and the oatmeal and cream of wheat has alot....I guess I can start eating eggs for breakfast instead of those...that would add some fat...work some nat. pb in...what would be a good snack instead of yogurt?

I've been eating some turkey for the 5th meal to help put some fat and protein in instead of carbs...hmmm...
    Last edited by g00dnick; 07-06-2005 at 02:59 PM.

How about cottage cheese? I live on that stuff.

Also, canned tuna, hardboiled eggs (I eat one yolk a day, toss the rest and just eat the whites)...

Natty PB, olive oil, raw nuts, fish oil are all excellent sources of fat. Even a small amount of butter or other natural saturated fat can be beneficial.

Look at my diet in my sig if that helps at all.

Yeah...I was actually just checking that out..lol..I tried some fat free Cottage Cheese when I first started and it was disgusting...I can tolerate regular cottage cheese tho...guess i can try the reduced fat ones..

1% cottage cheese is fine!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Wannabebig Member
    roll with 1% CC and you'll be good to go. I consume a medium sized container (2 cups) every morning, half when I wake up, and the rest a couple hours later at work. melted natty pb mixed in is a good deal.

does this sound any better? I switched it up a little bit...

Calories Eaten Today
    source grams cals %total
    Total: 1875
    Fat: 62 559 31%
    Sat: 18 160 9%
    Poly: 12 104 6%
    Mono: 25 221 12%
    Carbs: 110 372 21%
    Fiber: 17 0 0%
    Protein: 216 865 48%
    Alcohol: 0 0 0%

No doubt...i appreciate the help...i'll give this a try...added some cottage cheese, natty pb and eggs to it...dropped the carbs down a lot...hopefully the 1% CC is good...

One other thing...do you think I should add more cardio...or cut down on it...I think doing too much cardio before played a part in losing alot of muscle over the first month or so...and being extremely low on protein at first...
    Last edited by g00dnick; 07-06-2005 at 04:37 PM.

You are cutting on the same cals as I am, and I'm a lot smaller than you.

I'm thinking cardio will create too much of a caloric deficit. Maybe 15 mins of fast incline walking after you lift, but that's it.

How's that sound?

I'll give it a try...i thought i was doing way too much at first, but i wanted to lose the fat so bad I figured the more I tried to burn it off, the quicker it would go away...and I was eating even less than 1800...and doing all that cardio...just lost all my muscle and still look fat and out of shape... I'll slow it down...the lifting burns calories too so I should that should be fine...