The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1
    Still Plugging Away -TIM-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    4,590

    Embarrassing Date Stories

    This could be a funny topic.

    What's the most embarrassing thing you've had happen to you on a date?

    The only thing I've had happen was at dinner. I was at Red Lobster years ago, eating crab legs . I was breaking the legs by hand and I had a tough one, so I gave it a little extra muscle. My hand snapped back when it gave, and I knocked the dish of butter all over my crotch. And yes, it stained yellow. It looked like I peed myself. I was 45 minutes from home with no change of clothes, and it was the beginning of the date. At least she thought it was funny, but I felt like a moron.

    Anyone else have any good ones?
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

    Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    WBBs motivational Speaker Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Between a girls ties!
    Posts
    4,593
    hehe funny

    I squeezed titties way to early once and the girl got way upset and made a big scene.

    I was walking in a park with a girl, and had eaten way tooo much oatmeal and eggs to breakfast and some kids played soccer, and the ball tilted towards me and I was going to kick it back to them, and I ran a bit and as I kicked it I let out a fart....She didnt laugh or nothing.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Nissen
    This could be a funny topic.

    What's the most embarrassing thing you've had happen to you on a date?

    The only thing I've had happen was at dinner. I was at Red Lobster years ago, eating crab legs . I was breaking the legs by hand and I had a tough one, so I gave it a little extra muscle. My hand snapped back when it gave, and I knocked the dish of butter all over my crotch. And yes, it stained yellow. It looked like I peed myself. I was 45 minutes from home with no change of clothes, and it was the beginning of the date. At least she thought it was funny, but I felt like a moron.

    Anyone else have any good ones?
    Which begs the question of why you'd order something difficult to eat on a first date?

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt
    Which begs the question of why you'd order something difficult to eat on a first date?
    yeah... thats day one stuff.... nothing hard to eat, nothing messy. To many things can go wrong.
    age: 19
    MY RAW LIFTS
    OLD.........................................Current
    weight: 190..............................206
    Bench Press: 300lbs.......................?????
    Squat: 450lbs...............................?????
    Deadlift: 475..................................????
    Power Clean: 285lbs.......................?????

  6. #5
    Perpetual Hunger
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Barbell CIty
    Posts
    102
    I dont know about you guys but eating in front of a girl you hardly know is a one way recipe to disaster. Food starts falling out your mouth....Sauce goes everywhere....
    22 - 5'9'' - 200 lb
    PR's - Squat 300 | Bench 225 | Deadlift 400 | BW 200
    "Squat Much"?

  7. #6
    fat and small Blood&Iron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    On the Night Train
    Posts
    3,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    I was walking in a park with a girl, and had eaten way tooo much oatmeal and eggs to breakfast and some kids played soccer, and the ball tilted towards me and I was going to kick it back to them, and I ran a bit and as I kicked it I let out a fart....She didnt laugh or nothing.
    I'm debating whether or not this should become my new sig...

    We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesnít realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

    Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryder
    I dont know about you guys but eating in front of a girl you hardly know is a one way recipe to disaster. Food starts falling out your mouth....Sauce goes everywhere....
    Pretty sure that's just you .

    Honestly though I'm with monotone on this one. On a first date I thought it was pretty common for guys to pick something relatively simple to eat. I mean I wouldn't exactly order a rack of ribs on a first date...

  9. #8
    Perpetual Hunger
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Barbell CIty
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt
    Pretty sure that's just you .

    ...
    Yeah you're probably right....I get nervous, thats all
    22 - 5'9'' - 200 lb
    PR's - Squat 300 | Bench 225 | Deadlift 400 | BW 200
    "Squat Much"?

  10. #9
    Grammar Nazi BG5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt
    Pretty sure that's just you .

    Honestly though I'm with monotone on this one. On a first date I thought it was pretty common for guys to pick something relatively simple to eat. I mean I wouldn't exactly order a rack of ribs on a first date...
    And no buffalo wings either! Did that once. Once. After we were done eating we went over to the bar for a couple of drinks. Well, about an hour and a half later, we were about to leave so I went to the bathroom. I had the stuff all over. (well, not all over, but it certainly was noticable). She hadn't said a word.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

    Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

  11. #10
    Senior Member RussianRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,357
    havn'et had anything happen yet, but i'm just waiting for it. Something big.
    Milk is the best Supplement

    Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

  12. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryder
    Yeah you're probably right....I get nervous, thats all
    You're only 16, so no need to worry.

    Quote Originally Posted by BG5150
    And no buffalo wings either! Did that once. Once. After we were done eating we went over to the bar for a couple of drinks. Well, about an hour and a half later, we were about to leave so I went to the bathroom. I had the stuff all over. (well, not all over, but it certainly was noticable). She hadn't said a word.
    Ouch. Was there a second date?

  13. #12
    Grammar Nazi BG5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt
    Ouch. Was there a second date?
    Yeah. Several more. She said she was too shy to say anything. You'd think the bartender woulda hooked me up, ya know?

    But then I found out what a wacko she really was.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

    Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

  14. #13
    Senior Member BilltheButcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,474
    Worked with a girl for a long time and we finally decided that we should go out on a date. She was always leary of me b/c we worked in the bar together and I always had girls coming in to see me. Thought I was a player. So she gets in my car and we are driving, talking about music, I tell her to grab my CD book under the seat. She reaches under and pulls out the book but also grabbed on to a used condom (all dried up). Wasn't happy about that, cancelled the date then and there. (side note I banged her about 2 years later

    Love the fart one. Farts are always great.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

  15. #14
    WBBs motivational Speaker Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Between a girls ties!
    Posts
    4,593
    damn, the condom thing, yeah thats pretty ....man, hahahha.

    Notice these words fellow WBBers, Farts is datings worst enemy, if you fart, or if it sounds like you farted, but you only rubbed your shoe onto something, or if you talk about a fart, or if somebody farts near you, or if a silent deadly one is sneaking around, the date is game over, you lost buddy.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

  16. #15
    Cock-Diesel Bound Optimum08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Afternoon Delight
    Posts
    1,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    damn, the condom thing, yeah thats pretty ....man, hahahha.

    Notice these words fellow WBBers, Farts is datings worst enemy, if you fart, or if it sounds like you farted, but you only rubbed your shoe onto something, or if you talk about a fart, or if somebody farts near you, or if a silent deadly one is sneaking around, the date is game over, you lost buddy.
    ^word
    Status: Cutting...Heavily

    "Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

  17. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,340
    Well I dunno about embarssing...but certainly complicated things... I went to meet my girlfriends parents (now my EX girl) over dinner at a local resturant...and I saw some kids there thinkin they are all great and stuff sitting outside the resturant when I walk out one kid yells "Hey fag" I gave my leather jacket to my girl...and laid that kid out right in front of my date and her parents...looked at his friends they grabbed up this kid and took off like a bat outta hell...I'm still friends with this girl and her parents still hate me think im a hardass kid that starts fights...but oh well...so that is definitly...a uhmmm date disaster

  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutz981
    Well I dunno about embarssing...but certainly complicated things... I went to meet my girlfriends parents (now my EX girl) over dinner at a local resturant...and I saw some kids there thinkin they are all great and stuff sitting outside the resturant when I walk out one kid yells "Hey fag" I gave my leather jacket to my girl...and laid that kid out right in front of my date and her parents...looked at his friends they grabbed up this kid and took off like a bat outta hell...I'm still friends with this girl and her parents still hate me think im a hardass kid that starts fights...but oh well...so that is definitly...a uhmmm date disaster
    well played :evillaugh

  19. #18
    Hungry BCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutz981
    I gave my leather jacket to my girl...
    You just know it's a great story when it begins like this lmao
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."


    In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

  20. #19
    Senior Member BilltheButcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,474
    Quote Originally Posted by BCC
    You just know it's a great story when it begins like this lmao
    So true. So true.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

  21. #20
    Senior Member lynnlynn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    696
    The first time Guido came over to my parents house to take me out for dinner my youngest brother recommended that we go somewher not too expensive. he told Guido that I eat a lot and the bill would be really big at a nice place.

    I have some great bad date stories, the best being the guy who vomitted 5 times on our first date, the guy who showed up drunk and late for a first date, and the guy who ordered my meal for me, and it wasn't even something I wanted to eat!
    Lynn

    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'no thanks'." - Henry Rollins

  22. #21
    Om. Avocado. MM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,204
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnlynn7
    the guy who showed up drunk and late for a first date. . .
    At least I had flowers.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.


  23. #22
    Grammar Nazi BG5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnlynn7
    the best being the guy who vomitted 5 times on our first date, the guy who showed up drunk and late for a first date, and the guy who ordered my meal for me, and it wasn't even something I wanted to eat!
    Since the comma is in there, I'm guessing he's not the same guy who showed up drunk.

    What the hell did you do on that date that he's puke 5 times? (Or was he drunk at the beginning, too?)
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

    Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

  24. #23
    Wrecker of Homes d'Anconia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,974
    Dates are overrated, especially if you're the one paying (which by the way I never recommend). Plus the atmosphere in general (unless you're drinking) always seems a little too tense at first.

  25. #24
    Grammar Nazi BG5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,977
    Well, date we must. How else will you find a wife? Or even less, a girlfriend. You gotta go out on dates. Dates don't have to be expensive. Last year, for a date, we went to the beach. Pretty cheap. A few weeks ago, we went fishing.

    A word of advice: if the first date is "dinner and a movie", do the movie first. This way, at least you have something in common to talk about over dinner. If it's before--good luck.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

    Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

  26. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by BG5150
    Well, date we must. How else will you find a wife? Or even less, a girlfriend. You gotta go out on dates. Dates don't have to be expensive. Last year, for a date, we went to the beach. Pretty cheap. A few weeks ago, we went fishing.

    A word of advice: if the first date is "dinner and a movie", do the movie first. This way, at least you have something in common to talk about over dinner. If it's before--good luck.
    Agreed on all counts. Dinner and a movie usually makes for an awkward first date anyway you slice it though. Early show, late dinner & drinks is a better set up for later anyway

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •