The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar

Is it distilled?

I see these guys in the gym with huge gallon jugs. The kind that hold milk, spring water, etc. I've heard of some BBs drinking distilled water, I guess to decrease any more pollutants from entering the body but most of the guys I see are drinking out of spring water bottles. I was wondering what the purpose is of carrying around these huge jugs or if it is distilled water, what are the benefits?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I wannabebig!
    uhmm to drink water when you're thirsty while lifting perhaps?

BB sip distilled water for precontest prep because it has absolutely no sodium/minerals in it, not because it's healthy. It tastes really flat and nasty.

I'm guessing it's just water from the fountain and they are just carrying it around to look cool or they can't be bothered walking all the way over to the water fountain every time they want a drink. Or a combination of the two.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Grasshoppa
    I carry a water bottle around to drink water. That's just me, though.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

:withstupi And when I run out, I fill it up again.
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Distilled water really isn't that good for you. Stick to "drinking" water or spring water.

As long as your town hasn't been featured on 60 Minutes or 20/20 about it's poisoned water, i'd just use the water fountain. Nice and cold. No need to spend two bucks more a day on the top of the gym membership for water---use theirs. You're paying for it already.

I was just curious. Personally I either drink the fountain water or bring a Nalgene bottle and fill it up at the fountain in between exercises.

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by Progress
    Nalgene bottle and fill it up at the fountain in between exercises.
    Same thing they're doing, except they probably don't need to go refill. You know those recommendations for 1 gallon of water per day? Some people measure their water with those gallon jugs and just lug them around wherever they go. Makes life simple.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    Same thing they're doing, except they probably don't need to go refill. You know those recommendations for 1 gallon of water per day? Some people measure their water with those gallon jugs and just lug them around wherever they go. Makes life simple.
    Yeah I figured that.

Quote Originally Posted by XxH0LyWaRsxX
    I liek the fountain, I drink so damn much the line ussualy forms behind me. I always feel thirsty at the gym, no idea why since I drink all damn day.
    I do too. I also notice that I never have to piss at the gym although I'm drinking like a mother. It's probably due to the sweat.

Simple? Lugging a jug of water around all day doesn't sound simple. What if you finish it at 5 o'clock, are you done for the day?

I drink tons a day, so I'd be done around 2 or 3.

And whenever I see the guys at the gym, their jug is always full. I doubt their first water is at 4 PM.

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by BG5150
    Simple? Lugging a jug of water around all day doesn't sound simple. What if you finish it at 5 o'clock, are you done for the day?
    Up to you.

I drink tons a day, so I'd be done around 2 or 3.
    Good for you.

And whenever I see the guys at the gym, their jug is always full. I doubt their first water is at 4 PM.
    Maybe they refilled it because they finished their water at 3:30pm. Or maybe they just drink that much water during/after they work out. I'm not them, I dunno. I can only speculate based on what I do.

Who the hell says you're limited to drinking just what's in that jug? You finish it? Refill it. Seem simple enough?
    Last edited by Shao-LiN; 07-06-2005 at 10:41 PM.
    Shao-LiN

You know those recommendations for 1 gallon of water per day? Some people measure their water with those gallon jugs and just lug them around wherever they go.
    When you said this, it seemed like people portioned themselves to a gallon of water a day. The post seems to say, people try to get 1 gallon of water a day and carry it around in their jug.

All I was saying is I doubt that.

First of all, dragging around a gallon of water all day is a pain in the ass (so it would seem--I've never tried that).

Second, if the guys were drinking ONE gallon of water a day, per your original post, I doubt that would be drinking their first installment at the gym at 4 o'clock.

Second, if the guys were drinking ONE gallon of water a day, per your original post, I doubt that would be drinking their first installment at the gym at 4 o'clock.
    What if they get up at 3:45? Im jus saying

You know those recommendations for 1 gallon of water per day? .
    Here's the quote. That's all I went by. And that's all I remarked upon. And my original post was about toting gallon jugs at the gym. And I really hope that you have an opportunity to refill your jug at the gym...Otherwise, it may be time to change gyms.

I liek the fountain, I drink so damn much the line ussualy forms behind me. I always feel thirsty at the gym, no idea why since I drink all damn day.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Grasshoppa
    1 gallon is a "minimum" suggestion. You are by no means limited to it, nor did I ever say that they were limited to 1 gallon only. Lugging around 1 gallon of water may be a hassle to you, but it is a convenience to others (myself included, though I tend to lug around a half gallon bottle moreso). It is a method of being able to measure your water intake, and also have the convenience of a huge supply of water without having to refill after you take a few sips. This is especially convenient if you do not have access to refill your water.
    Shao-LiN

Grasshoppa
    Do you always look at the small picture? I'm not isolating their use to the gym, nor am I limiting anything. If I say take a crap once a day, will you limit yourself to just that 1?
    Shao-LiN