The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Form fitting sleeves.

I'm not yet lean enough to wear snug, streamlined t shirts- any shirts that fit my waist and chest are a bit too loose and baggy around the sleeves, where my shoulders meet my arms. It almost appears to be an artificial "lat" made out of cloth lol.

Any ideas of brands with sleeves that aren't so fat man-ish? My arms are fairly lean.

I'm not looking for an athletic cut- I don't have the waist for that. I'm simply looking for something with reasonable sleeves- like a Calvin Klein t shirt, for example.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Here is a trick. Get one of those t-shirt that has the piping around the sleeves and neck. I am assuming you have a decent size chest, shoulders and arm, but a little flabby in the waist. Stretch the F out of the bottom part, don't tuck it into pants. It'll be tight around the upper part but kind of be lose and flair out at the bottom.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

B+D+S = 1 Massive Mofo
    Lose the weight and then buy one perhaps? Or you can take the route above.
    Past (4Jul05) | Present (22Nov05)
    Weight - 205 | 217
    BF - 26% | 22%
    Max Bench - 230| 295
    Max Dead - 240 | 275
    Max Squat - 240 | 315
    Total: [710] | [885]

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Underarmour....all the cool people are wearing it now.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatred
    Underarmour....all the cool people are wearing it now.
    especially when not in the gym. REPRESENT.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Underarmor feels icky, I used to wear it for lacrosse, make you feel like your wearing spandex
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

I go nude to the gym...sike nah lol i would get kicked out. I wear wife beaters alot. Never wore underarmor before its probably costy.
    Last edited by YungLifter; 07-07-2005 at 08:54 AM.

I am losing the weight, I am looking for a solution in the meantime.

Underarmour is definitely not what I'm looking for, I'm trying to not accentuate my fatty torso and still maintain a decent frigging sleeve.

I have the same problem. I have a big chest, big shoulders, and a wide back, but my arms are ****.

I don't get it, most shirts are exactly this way, which totally pisses me off.

If I go into almost any store with decent clothes, I'll put on the xl and it will be super baggy except around the arms/shoulders/across the back.

My usual drill in the changeroom is to flare my lats a bit, and if I hear any stitching make noise it gets dumped right away.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Mission
    I have the same problem. I have a big chest, big shoulders, and a wide back, but my arms are ****.
    Yeah. I look like Master P or something. I'd have to put 3 inches on my bis and tris and gain an IFBB set of lats (or some Chris Mason wings) to fill out the sleeves on the shirts big enough to fit my torso and back.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro
    I don't get it, most shirts are exactly this way, which totally pisses me off.

If I go into almost any store with decent clothes, I'll put on the xl and it will be super baggy except around the arms/shoulders/across the back.

My usual drill in the changeroom is to flare my lats a bit, and if I hear any stitching make noise it gets dumped right away.
    Some people hold fat in different areas. Maybe if you lay off the twinkies you could fit in an XL, fatty.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Maybe you should lay off the not being able to read the english language!

It's tight around arms/shoulders, not stomach you baldie!
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Rofl.Listen to the Powelifter talk about flexing his lats!!!!!
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro
    Maybe you should lay off the not being able to read the english language!

It's tight around arms/shoulders, not stomach you baldie!
    Like I said, people hold fat in different areas

Bald is beautiful biatch
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Ha! You should tattoo an eye on the top of your head to comple the "I look like a penis!" Look! HAHA! OMGBURN!!11!1! :evillaugh

Current FFFA Enforcer

EP is a meanie
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

grow bigger arms
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

My brother claims that t-shirts from Abercrombie/Hollister and similar styles, have shorter and more narrow sleeves, to accentuate the arms of skinny dudes like himself.

You could try there, but don't get your hopes up. They're notorious for not carrying very big clothes, as least for women.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    My brother claims that t-shirts from Abercrombie/Hollister and similar styles, have shorter and more narrow sleeves, to accentuate the arms of skinny dudes like himself.

You could try there, but don't get your hopes up. They're notorious for not carrying very big clothes, as least for women.
    Hollister does have narrow sleeves, however, even with my small size, I had a tough time fitting into a XL - it was tight in the chest/shoulders and back.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

WAIT I GOT IT!! Walk around with no shirt? So every sexy lady you see will run and throw themselves at you.
    Last edited by YungLifter; 07-08-2005 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    Ah, so that's why Belial shops there all the time...

Current FFFA Enforcer