The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Attacks in London

Just came out of a meeting to be told of several attacks in London..

Not sure who is responsible yet, but there have been several explosions...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Yeah Im watching it on the news right now. I hope your friends and family are safe. I think we all know who is responsible..

Bespoke Super Mod
    Aljazeera have just informed the bbc that it may possibly be al quada
    Last edited by Franco; 07-07-2005 at 04:35 AM.
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

I hope everything is ok for you over there Dan... I'm sure getting home will be interesting as I learned that almost no one drives into the downtown core in London...

Please keep us updated...

Wannabebig Member
    Mother****ers.

Edit - Sorry. Red mist and all that - I mean to say I hope all our family and friends in London get out ok and it's no worse than it currently looks.
    Last edited by GimpFace; 07-07-2005 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Rational Thought.
    Now July 06
    Height - 6 foot 3
    Weight - 215 pounds
    Body Fat - 17.3 %

Target Dec 06
    Height - lanky and love it.
    Weight - 230 pounds
    Body Fat - under 15 %

Here's a tip: the reason you're in the situation you're in (being a fatass) is because you're lazy. Change that and maybe you can change your body. -- Motivation Gold from Anthony.

My thoughts and prayers are with London this morning.

Whenever there's another incident like this I remember exactly what it was like on September 11th 4 years ago when I was being bored in math class and saw something out in the distance which I thought was a mistake on my senses' behalf. Shortly thereafter, it happened again....and we all know the rest.

It's really terrible that people would do this. And as *******-ish as it sounds....it's not all that bad that there were only two casualties.

Shocked, but expected something would happen eventually.

Not much you can say really.
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

Banned
    Stuff like this pisses me off. And to think its all because of religion...
    Its so ironic that while there are being talks about helping people we have these mother****ers killing innocent victims, seriously how can they possibly think they are doing this for the good of Allah?

Dan I hope you and your loved ones are safe, Living in NYC I know what you are going through
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Quote Originally Posted by Missiles Go
    It's really terrible that people would do this. And as *******-ish as it sounds....it's not all that bad that there were only two casualties.
    Actually the unofficial figure (from a strong source) is 45. 7 dead on the bus alone. With 150 seriously injured - it could easily rise.

WBB Member
    OMG, they bombed the tube station I used to use every day while I was a student there! Needless to say I think my college here in the US will probably reconsider its study abroad program in London for this coming fall.

my sympathies are with all of you. It's very nerve-wracking when soemthing like this happens, and i remember how y'all were there for us when 9/11 happened. just know that we are here for you too.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK
    OMG, they bombed the tube station I used to use every day while I was a student there! Needless to say I think my college here in the US will probably reconsider its study abroad program in London for this coming fall.

And by doing so they would aid the terrorists. Fear is their only weapon.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    London and everyone in it are in my thoughts. I remember 9/11 like it was yesterday- I feel for you guys (Londoners) in more ways that I can say.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by meltedtime
    And by doing so they would aid the terrorists. Fear is their only weapon.
    Well put.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Stay safe over there-I guess nobody is really safe.

Fear is not their only weapon. Fear didn't kill 47 people on a bus. When stuff like this happens in other countries I still can't believe we get **** from other countries for trying to kill these bastards.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

You've got all of our sympathies, and hopefully all the members' friends and family are safe.

Dan, and others in the area just take care and avoid public areas where possible if you can. I'd say this would be a good idea for the entire duration of the summit.

Quote Originally Posted by J450n83
    I supported the war in Iraq and have no regrets. Yet even after today, and constant attacks elsewhere - there will still be people condemning the UK and USA for going to war. It's **** like today that makes me glad they did.
    Stay on the ****ing topic as well. It amazes me how much stupidity and ignorance there is out there that can't distinguish between Iraq and all this terrorism.

Know what you are talking about or don't talk.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

I lived 5 miles from the explosions.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    I lived 5 miles from the explosions.
    Someone i know got off the tube at one of the stations not long before it happend.

I would imagine that's true for millions of people. I just hope all those we all know living in London are OK.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

My thoughts are with England today. Just goes to show we're all in this together. Hopefully now some of those protesters will realize the terrorists hate them as well as the English that side with us and quit decrying their gov. at every turn.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by aidano
    I would imagine that's true for millions of people. I just hope all those we all know living in London are OK.
    Oh i know, i wasn't 'bragging' or something.

daniel, glad to hear you're okay. hope other london-based WBBers are alright..