The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    Senior Member Drheckler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Canada, NB
    Posts
    173

    NIN Trent Renzor transforms himself

    Those of you who know of NIN and trent reznor know though out the years Trent has been pretty skinny almost sickly looking. Well I knew he was putting on weight and mountain biking. There was a article in a mag where he was talking about his change in diet and learning to eat more. I think he must be weight training too. Anyway here's a new pic its quite different from the old Trent Reznor.
    Last edited by Drheckler; 07-06-2005 at 02:26 PM.
    Current: 5'8 165lbs

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,475
    Yeah, that's quite different from the Trent I remember. Good for him!
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

  4. #3
    Om. Avocado. MM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,204
    Yeah, wow. He's been bulking.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.


  5. #4
    still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    0
    That looks much more like a "Trent Reznor" Should ...awesome.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Drheckler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Canada, NB
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatred
    That looks much more like a "Trent Reznor" Should ...awesome.
    I agree.
    Current: 5'8 165lbs

  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Drheckler
    Those of you who know of NIN and trent reznor know though out the years Trent has been pretty skinny almost sickly looking. Well I knew he was putting on weight and mountain biking. There was a article in a mag where he was talking about his change in diet and learning to eat more. I think he must be weight training too. Anyway here's a new pic its quite different from the old Trent Reznor.
    Not sure if you know or not, but he went through a long period of drug rehab and is clean right now. That's why he's shifted to a healthier life. Also part of the reason why his latest CD is much less dark than anything he's previously released. As good as it is to see him cleaning up his life, it also means its unlikely he'll ever be able to write anything close to work on previous halos.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Drheckler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Canada, NB
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt
    Not sure if you know or not, but he went through a long period of drug rehab and is clean right now. That's why he's shifted to a healthier life. Also part of the reason why his latest CD is much less dark than anything he's previously released. As good as it is to see him cleaning up his life, it also means its unlikely he'll ever be able to write anything close to work on previous halos.

    I like the new album alot but I think the fragile is his crowning acvhievement. Pretty hate mahine would be my second fav. I agree it seems when artist quit their drugs and get rid of their issues they seem to lose their punch. Example Metallica ( saint anger ) James quits drugs and booze and Metallica releases possibly the worst metal album in history. I don't think this will happen to Trent.
    Current: 5'8 165lbs

  9. #8
    Senior Member RussianRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,357
    i think a lot of metal/punk musicians see other bands do the whole drug thing so they feel obligated to carry on the torch. So they right some songs while **** faced or looped out on acid, its obviously not going to be as good because the drugs are no longer helping them create. I have no problem for bands to do drugs/liquor but as long as they dont write it. I feel that the drugs are doing more work than the artists. I go to school for drawing and painting and i see this crap happenning all the time. I see "fake" art work all the time, it makes me a little sad. To quote one of my favorite quotes "There is an overactive imagination, because there isn't one"
    Milk is the best Supplement

    Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

  10. #9
    noob sliver1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    126
    Wow, he looks great in that pic.

    As far as the drugs go. I think it's less to do with that then it is being happy or unhappy. I can say as a songwriter, I have a terrible time writing music when I'm completely happy. Give me some negativity though and the songs start flowing.

  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianRocket
    i think a lot of metal/punk musicians see other bands do the whole drug thing so they feel obligated to carry on the torch. So they right some songs while **** faced or looped out on acid, its obviously not going to be as good because the drugs are no longer helping them create. I have no problem for bands to do drugs/liquor but as long as they dont write it. I feel that the drugs are doing more work than the artists. I go to school for drawing and painting and i see this crap happenning all the time. I see "fake" art work all the time, it makes me a little sad. To quote one of my favorite quotes "There is an overactive imagination, because there isn't one"
    I doubt you know much about Trent or NIN and this is more of a general rant than anything. He wasn't on drugs/alcohol to write great music. He was suicidal and depressed for years for various reasons. That's the main reason why NIN's stuff is so amazing. When you listen to it, it can be hard and heavy, but at the same time it is also so dark and emotional.

  12. #11
    MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    FFFA Headquarters
    Posts
    11,468
    Reznor WAS hooked on the horse, though. And that influenced his music to a great degree.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

    "All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

    "Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

    Pearls of Wisdom...


    Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

    Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

    And no COLON jokes, bastards!

  13. #12
    Cyber Playa AllUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In Uranus
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Drheckler
    I think the fragile is his crowning acvhievement. Pretty hate mahine would be my second fav. I agree it seems when artist quit their drugs and get rid of their issues they seem to lose their punch. Example Metallica ( saint anger ) James quits drugs and booze and Metallica releases possibly the worst metal album in history. I don't think this will happen to Trent.
    I agree.

    Tallica's St. Anger was teh worst imho. The drums sounded like Lars was hitting a garbagecan with chopsticks. It's funny how they were all anti-napster "Buy our albums!", then have the nerve to release such a craptastic CD. I ended up giving it away to find it was given away again by him, lol. Pass on the lame.

    Trent may deviate slightly, but I'm hoping he will stick to the format more or less.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

    Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

  14. #13
    putting in work Roark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,441
    as a general rule, i think most any artist's drug-induced work is much better than their "hey i'm clean now" work

    drugs and music go together like mac aand cheese

  15. #14
    Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,202
    Does anybody have a before pic for comparison sake???
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

  16. #15
    Fountainhead Organichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,707
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatred
    That looks much more like a "Trent Reznor" Should ...awesome.
    Agreed. Now he's complete badass. I've been a NIN fan since 94 but didn't buy With Teeth because I've heard it's not nearly heavy enough.

    Anybody here familiar with the videogame Doom 2? Trent Reznor and NIN did the music for it and it kicks all kinds of ass. It's all midi, but it's still good. If they remade all the Doom 2 songs with instruments it'd be great!

    Also, NIN owned at Woodstock when they were all covered in mud. :evillaugh
    Last edited by Mission; 07-07-2005 at 11:57 AM.

  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    Posts
    462
    He also did the songs for Quake1.
    My sig scared getfit.

  19. #18
    Player Hater PowerManDL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    7,850
    I like my rock stars drunk, depressed, and pissed off goddammit.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

    Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

    ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

    Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

    galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

    assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

  20. #19
    mrelwooddowd Patz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BFE, KY
    Posts
    9,845
    I like NIN.

    I like the new album.

    I liked St Anger...a lot. It was SUPPOSED to sound like a crap recording.
    _________________________

    5/3/1 Journal


    http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

  21. #20
    Breaker of Skulls Guido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    40N 88W
    Posts
    11,317
    Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    It was SUPPOSED to sound like a crap recording.
    They succeeded. Honestly, I thought Metallica lost it after "Load". That's when they went downhill to me.

    BTW, Trent still doesn't hold a candle to the great Henry Rollins. Glen Danzig had/s a freak physique, too.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1


    My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

    "Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

  22. #21
    Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,202
    Whoa... significiant transformation. I bet he has a god physique in his current pic.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

  23. #22
    Senior Member RussianRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt
    I doubt you know much about Trent or NIN and this is more of a general rant than anything. He wasn't on drugs/alcohol to write great music. He was suicidal and depressed for years for various reasons. That's the main reason why NIN's stuff is so amazing. When you listen to it, it can be hard and heavy, but at the same time it is also so dark and emotional.
    Did i mention Trent of NIN? No, "metal/punk musicians" is what i was emphisizing. I listen to NIN here and there, i'm not a big fan so i wont be researching the band, and knowing that Trent is dippressed etc. Than again i wasn't pointing figers at them but at the "scene" metal/punk and some other music, where people feel the need to fill the shoes. I think its a legitimate point, and by no means a rant. I compare drugs for music/art much like GH/Sterioids for Atheletes. I dont think it's right, they can't write/play better without inhancing their abilites with added substance.
    Milk is the best Supplement

    Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

  24. #23
    Senior Member RussianRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by excokehead
    as a general rule, i think most any artist's drug-induced work is much better than their "hey i'm clean now" work

    drugs and music go together like mac aand cheese
    i dont agree. Pink Floyd blossomed.
    Milk is the best Supplement

    Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

  25. #24
    mrelwooddowd Patz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BFE, KY
    Posts
    9,845
    Pink Floyd's songwriting was done by Roger Waters instead of Syd Barrett, after Barrett burned out. I don't think whether or not drugs was in the equation is even relevant to the change in their music.
    _________________________

    5/3/1 Journal


    http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

  26. #25
    Senior Member RussianRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    Pink Floyd's songwriting was done by Roger Waters instead of Syd Barrett, after Barrett burned out. I don't think whether or not drugs was in the equation is even relevant to the change in their music.
    yes, but the direction and influenced of the band were more drug related in the late 60. Syd had a big role in the band. Syd also influenced the band for atleast 4 more albums, Thats power.

    edit: just before any more misunderstandings. I see no problem doing drugs or alcohol as long as the work is not produced while being under the influence. That is where my beef is. And also the need to drink so you look that part, kinda like white boys dressing gangsta. So they look that part while living in a upper middle class family.
    Last edited by RussianRocket; 07-07-2005 at 05:49 PM.
    Milk is the best Supplement

    Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •