Thread: Push/pull confusion

Push/pull confusion

So I infered that the reference to push/pull days meant back/chest days. Am I wrong? I kind of realized that most (or all) push motions are chest, triceps, and quads, while pulls motions are back, biceps and hams (forearms, pull; calves, push). Is there anything else to this? Because I thought shoulder would be a push, but upright rows are considered pull right? Can someone calrify a little onto this?

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    the simple answer is to just do exercises that resemble pushes....on pull days to pull like things...legs are separate.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Push- chest, tri, shoulders, legs (squats, bench press, military press, shoulder press)
    Pull- back, bi, hams, legs (deadlifts, pullups, chinups, curls)

Yes, upright rows work both your traps and delts (back and shoulders) while at the same time being a pull motion. Your are right shoulders are typically worked in a push motion (militarys, OH press, bench etc.) I like upright rows while it seems a lot of people here don't like them because of potential rotator cuff problems. Although I'm not sure how they would fit in a strict push/pull split, if it were me I'd probably widen my grip to emphasize the traps and do them on pull day.