The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

I think im taking in to much protein...

Is it bad if your taking in more then 2g per lb, I don't aim for that high just the foods I eat have alot of protein lol. I get 300+g and I only weight about 135lbs. Is this bad?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If you're healthy and active, no problem.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

O ok good, kind of hard to get in all the calories without the protein. Unless I ate more junk food which im just not into that much only when I get a craving or something but other then that I just don't feel like eating junk food.
    Last edited by YungLifter; 07-12-2005 at 08:24 AM.

Grasshoppa
    I actually find it quite easy to get a lot of calories w/ not so much protein and still eat clean. Fats are very calorie dense and I'm a sucker for carbs.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

yea but my carbss are already high as it is and my fats are good to.
    Last edited by YungLifter; 07-12-2005 at 06:00 PM.

Meh, I'm touch and go at around 300-350 every day, and I feel okay.

Wait... was that my kidney crying?
    Last edited by MM; 07-12-2005 at 10:20 PM.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Lol, shush, as long as you drink water your fine.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

I don't drink water. It doesn't have protein in it.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

300g for a 135lber is excessive.

I just looked at your fitday, I don't really think you need to eat 3 scoops of whey a day with all the other whole proteins you are consuming.
    That's a picture of Scarlett Johansson.

that amount of protein is okay.. personally i feel that fats could go higher to 30% total caloric intake.

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    I suggest upping your fat intake and carb intake, and lowering your protein intake.
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by YungLifter
    yea but my carbss are already high as it is and my fats are good to.
    I doubt your carbs and fats are all that high if you're getting in that much protein at your weight. Not to say that getting your calories from protein sources is bad, but you need to lower your sense of "high". If you're worried that your protein intake is rather high, then how do you go about keeping calories while lowering protein? You raise carbs/fats and lower protein.
    Last edited by Shao-LiN; 07-12-2005 at 11:05 PM.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I only take in 3 scoops of whey on workout days 1 for before and 2 for after on non workoutdays i take sometimes 1 if any.

O ok good, kind of hard to get in all the calories without the protein. Unless I ate more junk food which im just not into that much only when I get a craving or something but other then that I just don't feel like eating junk food.
    i have the same problem... you need protien at each meal, and if you have the typical chicken/rice/veggies combo, with the total protein for the day divided by six meals... well... im ending up eating like 100g raw of chicken per meal now, thats barely anything... I am saving on chicken though

I only take in 3 scoops of whey on workout days 1 for before and 2 for after on non workoutdays i take sometimes 1 if any.
    You really don't need 2 scoops afterwards if you've already had one before.
    That's a picture of Scarlett Johansson.

Wannabebig Member
    Unrelated to the original post but along the same topic, I just got my results from a physical/urine/blood test. Everything was great except my Urea Nitrogen (BUN) was high (26). The range is 7-25 so I'm not too concerned.

I eat about 1g/lb (5'10", 175lbs.). The doc said to lower my protein intake and that as much as I'm eating, my muscles aren't seeing most of it -- hence the high nitrogen content in my urea. Now all the body building write-ups on here beg to differ and since upping my protein intake a few months back I've definitely noticed tissue growth. Seems like I'll either get a doctor's opinion (who's looking out for my overall health), or your all's opinion (who's obsessed with weight training) but never a good balance...

What's typical of body builders when they get old? Are there studies on their livers and kidneys when they're 60-100 years old? I wonder what the longterm effects are for someone with a high protein diet.

Nasaan ang unggoy? bigsethmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MM

Perpetual Hunger
    Quote Originally Posted by MM

Quote Originally Posted by Vapour Trails
    You really don't need 2 scoops afterwards if you've already had one before.

Who the **** are you to be telling people what they do and do not need. You dont "need" to be adding any scoops of protein to any meals. But it certainly can help.

I get in 500g plus when bulking, I must be dead or something, you guys are too funny.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Quote Originally Posted by Hanz
    Unrelated to the original post but along the same topic, I just got my results from a physical/urine/blood test. Everything was great except my Urea Nitrogen (BUN) was high (26). The range is 7-25 so I'm not too concerned.

I eat about 1g/lb (5'10", 175lbs.). The doc said to lower my protein intake and that as much as I'm eating, my muscles aren't seeing most of it -- hence the high nitrogen content in my urea. Now all the body building write-ups on here beg to differ and since upping my protein intake a few months back I've definitely noticed tissue growth. Seems like I'll either get a doctor's opinion (who's looking out for my overall health), or your all's opinion (who's obsessed with weight training) but never a good balance...

What's typical of body builders when they get old? Are there studies on their livers and kidneys when they're 60-100 years old? I wonder what the longterm effects are for someone with a high protein diet.
    From your post it seems your doctor didnt say having a high nitrogen content was bad, only that it showed excessive intake. It's not an unhealthy state, and I couldnt imagine him saying otherwise. If you've been making gains in tissue growth I dont see what the problem is.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Nasaan ang unggoy? bigsethmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smalls
    From your post it seems your doctor didnt say having a high nitrogen content was bad, only that it showed excessive intake. It's not an unhealthy state, and I couldnt imagine him saying otherwise. If you've been making gains in tissue growth I dont see what the problem is.
    Right. What that means is simply that you are experiencing expensive pee.

As long as your liver function is normal and you drink a decent amount of water excess protein intake really shouldn't be an issue.