Thread: The Ten Commandments to Becoming a Mass Monster by Tony Gentilcore - July 14th 2005

The Ten Commandments to Becoming a Mass Monster by Tony Gentilcore - July 14th 2005

Tony runs through 10 basic principles to pack on the mass. Perhaps it isn't rocket science after all?........

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=218

Discuss away!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Excellent. I'm gonna have to print this one out.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    I liked that article. Granted, I already knew almost everything that he said (due to the help of so many awesome WBB-ers) but it was still a good read.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

This was a great article. He didn't say, but will you get better growth/strength gains if you do all or alot of your comp. exercises in one session?
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Tony Gentilcore
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Hatfield
    This was a great article. He didn't say, but will you get better growth/strength gains if you do all or alot of your comp. exercises in one session?

Hmmm, not necessarily. If doing compound movements, I would 2-3 would be sufficient per session. It really depends on how your split is set up. The goal of a training session isn't to obliterate every muscle in your body or to train to exhaustion. The goal is to stimulate just enough for growth and to get a training affect and then leave the gym WANTING more. That's not to say that you can't have those sessions where you train till you puke, but to do it all the time would be more counterproductive than anything. But like I said, everything really depends on your split.

I like the thought behind the 10x3 structure on compound movements. The numbers make sense. That and I can't stand long sets of Deads and Squats. Great article!
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Well I had back day last night and decided to do a 8x4 structure for deads. It was great. I hate doing long sets for compound movements, so it was a nice treat. Just thought I would share.

Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial