The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pimpology Professor

Getting ready to join the Marine Core. Some exercises I can do too boost my Running

What can I do to boost my running endurance. Like are there any routines or anything out there. I need to be able to run 1.5 (i'd like to be able to run 2) in 12 minutes or so. Also anyone have any good remedies for quitting smoking? I've been trying but its hard.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

to run better you have to actually go run, exercise only build muscles strength. You can build endurance to a certain extent, but wouldn't be enought to boost your running noticably.

Well if you quit smoking i guess that'll help you run faster. I'm not a smoker so i dare not tackle that topic. But going to the gym has always been my anti drugs and anti alcohol. =)

The best way to get good at running is running. Cross training will only go so far. One of the hardest parts of running endurance is simply conditioning your body, particularly you lower legs, for repetitive abuse.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Get a doctor to get you on welbutrin. It's considered medicine for depression but it also helps stop smoking too. I know tons of people that stopped smoking because of it. It helps avoid the weight gain you sometimes get from stoping smoking.

Go buy some runners shoes and forget the treadmill and go running out doors. Maybe even wear a backpack with some weight in it to help prepare you.

running with a weighted vest would help too, or run in sand if theres any near by.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    You could also jump rope to help increase endurance.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

To be honest, make sure you can spell it correctly. I don't mean that to be such an ******* comment, but attention to detail will take you quite far, and the Marines I've had the pleasure of calling friends don't enjoy somebody misspelling their beloved Corps lol. Like I said, just pay attention to detail and you'll save yourself some misery, but I'll let everybody else give you suggestions on training to do.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Pimpology Professor
    Maybe you should look. Some people call it corps, some people call it the core. Research before you b*tch at me, and don't tell me a thing about it. My family and friends are in.

http://s3.invisionfree.com/Brosh/

A little background, Core means the value of the USMC. That is why some people call it the Marine Core. Get it?
    Last edited by J_weik; 07-18-2005 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J_weik
    Maybe you should look. Some people call it corps, some people call it the core. Research before you b*tch at me, and don't tell me a thing about it. My family and friends are in.

http://s3.invisionfree.com/Brosh/

A little background, Core means the value of the USMC. That is why some people call it the Marine Core. Get it?
    Not exactly a well travelled site. And the person who set up the site had this to say about one of the forums:

"If you are tired of 12 year old kids winning in TeamSpeak and Ventrilo,
    come join the [USMC] and leave the l33t behind you. Join the [USMC] to play with serious people."
    It looks like a video game chat site. But with the childish posts, I can tell you it has nothing to do the the United States Marine CORPS.

And by the way, everyone calls it the "core": core and corps are pronounced the same.

Do we want this guy defending our country (either in a video game or in real life!)?
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by J_weik
    And I thought it was:

God, Country, Corps
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Bro, I'm not bitching at you, but you may want to get your facts straight before trying to throw **** in my face. If the best research you can do is to draw up some random message board off the internet to support your claim, then you may just have a little problem discerning facts from jibberish. It has never, and will never be the United States Marine Core. It has always, and will always be the United States Marine Corps. Corps meaning a specialized branch of the armed services, and core meaning the center or innermost part. On Nov. 10, 1775, the Marine CorPS was created. Check http://www.usmc.mil or http://hqinet001.hqmc.usmc.mil/HD/Hi...elebration.htm for the correct spelling of the damn fine brotherhood you somehow hope to make.

Oh yea, the USMC have what they call "Corps Values" and not Core Values. These values are Honor, Courage and Commitment.

I suggest you straighten your crap out and pay attention to details before coming at me with dumb ****.

Quote Originally Posted by BG5150
    Do we want this guy defending our country (either in a video game or in real life!)?

I was thinking that exact same thing.

lets stay on topic people!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

If you haven't been smoking too long, just suck it up and quit. This reminds of the quote: "Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corps(e)"

I suggest the Corps/Core mount an invasion of Quebec to put down the rebellion of radical Canuckistanians who are getting all uppity.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

what's that supposed to mean mix?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

HAHAHA Mix, would we be referring to GF?? If so, let me join

stop confusing the GF IT'S TOO DAMN HOT!

gain 50lbs-Anthony

LOL yes ma'am.

:evillaugh

Pimpology Professor
    Alright, I have family and friends in my family in the usmc. But you know best right? SO.. Why don't YOU GUYS join up and defend our country. Google the USMC, some people seriously say corps and some same cores. I'm gonna stop posting here, because its filled with ignorant twits who have to be right (even though they are not.) I'm sorry to disgrade people, but you correct me on something that I KNOW ABOUT. Just like you guys know about lifting, I know about the USMC. Just because your FRIENDS say something different, you bitch at me. Eff this site.

Pimpology Professor
    Come on.... We got some tough guys in here... Join the USMC..

Pimpology Professor
    I don't care what you are. What I care about is some twit correcting me when I'm the one doing it, not him, But his "Friends."

I'll say it again, people say corps and core. My damn recruited says and spells it like CORE. But this guy has FRIENDS so he knows better. Well if you know so well, why don't you enlist?
    Last edited by J_weik; 07-19-2005 at 01:14 AM.

enough said

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Wow. I would strongly advise you NOT to join the Marine Corps. Your current attitude and demeanor will need a SERIOUS readjustment if you do... If you want to do the corps a favor, watch your language and stop acting like an angry 12 year old brat. You're doing far more to damage the military's reputation than defend it.

That is all.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results