Thread: shoulders/chest same day?

Wannabebig Member

shoulders/chest same day?

im workin shoulders and chest on the same day, is this appropriate, my friend said i shouldnt do 2 big muscle groups on the same day, what you think? cheers

personally i think it's ok. your chest and shoulders are both pushing muscles and they are also both upper body it shouldn't be a problem. your workout might be a little long though if your doing everything right. other people may have different views.. like some poeple work their arms on a certain day.. while some people like me will tell you that you shouldn't do that and do triceps(a pushing muscle) on your bench day and do biceps on another day.

hammin'
    i prefer to work (front and lateral) shoulders on chest day
    military press, bench press, and dips should all hit them nicely
    They say that when your ships comes in
    The first man takes the sails
    Second takes the afterdeck
    The third: the planks and rails.

Well, how many days are you planning to work out?

That will determine which body parts you will do.

3 times?
    4 times?
    5 times?

Different workout each time.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

I hit shoulders with lats, and chest with thickness-based back. I've got rotator cuff issues, and I don't like to work shoulders and chest on the same day to avoid overworking the cuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    thickness-based back.
    What do you mean by this?
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

hammin'
    I assume she means traps and erectors
    .....as opposed to the 'width' of the lats.
    They say that when your ships comes in
    The first man takes the sails
    Second takes the afterdeck
    The third: the planks and rails.

Yep. I break back into horizontal and vertical planes - my workouts involve vertical push-pull, and horizontal push-pull.

Shoulders aren't a big muscle(correct me if I am wrong)

However, I do my shoulders on a seperate day because I can never have a smooth shoulder workout after chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabelean
    Shoulders aren't a big muscle(correct me if I am wrong)

However, I do my shoulders on a seperate day because I can never have a smooth shoulder workout after chest.
    delts are a small muscle group!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Thank you thank you :bows:

Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    delts are a small muscle group!
    My Transformation
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=50238

Wannabebig Member
    yeh im doin chest with shoulders twice a week and i would do arms and back twice as well, with a little legs and core work on saturday

thanx for the input guys
    height - 6ft1
    weight - 189 pounds

if he dies......he dies - IVAN DRAGO

I've found that I can't do chest without hitting my shoulders, and I can't do back without hitting my shoulders, so I hit my whole upper body in one workout. I used to have a dedicated shoulder day, and they never grew because they were getting pounded throughout the week in other workouts and never got a chance to recover. Switching to an upper/lower split was the best thing I ever did.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

riprogrammazione
    Shouldn't be a problem. Post the rest of your routine.

I do shoulders with chest... shoulders are not a big muscle group anyways...
    I also do Rotator cuff work on shoulder days.
    "Fast food kills more people than hard drugs. McDonalds is the smack dealer of today. We are feeding ourselves things we wouldn't have fed animals 50 years ago. If you respect yourself, you wouldn't eat that crap."
    - John Davies of Renegade Training

"The trainee needs to look past the obvious solution to any problem and look for the real solution. For example, every arm training article in the last ten years to improve your arm circumference has included a workout based on curls and triceps extensions. Do you really think a lack of doing curls is the reason why most guys have less than impressive arms?

Every article on how to improve your chin-ups includes a program with a shitload of chin-ups in it. Is that all you've got? Improve your chin-ups by just doing more of them?

Really fucking cutting edge that is!"
    - Alwyn Cosgrove

Max's
    Bench Press - 255lbs x 1 reps (June 15/05)
    Squat - 325lbs x 1 rep (April 27/05)
    Deadlift - 405lbs x 1 reps (Feb 27/06)

if you have plenty of rest theres no problem doing them both in the same work out.