Thread: Is there a reason?

Hybrid View

Banned

Is there a reason?

Is there some reason that my chest is so much bigger than my arms? Is there a reason I look so small compare to what I can lift? Is there a reason why I don't see results from my creatine? Ahhh sorry about the ranting but I am seriously getting discouraged here

EDIT: Oh yeah and one more question When my arm is not flexed its not very big and compared to when it is flexed it huge...I know when you flex everything looks bigger but I mean like ALOT bigger
    Last edited by Gutz981; 07-19-2005 at 06:20 PM.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    1) Likely genetics, or you are doing too much chest and not enough for your arms (possibly too much for your arms as well)
    2) Because size and strength aren't directly correlated.
    3) You might be a non respondant
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 07-19-2005 at 06:20 PM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

1) Either genetics or your imagination or you don't know correct proportions.
    2) thats life, im the same way. Be proud
    3) Like CC said, you might be a non responder. My guess is that you are not taking it correctly.(ie. with carbs)
    4) Either your lean or gone in the head
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Can we get some pics to see if your crazy?

Banned
    yes sir well I can post old ones at least not too long ago; Also as for adam and canadian I think ur right I think I'm going insane...Also adam could you please explain taking creatine with carbs as you said
    Last edited by Gutz981; 07-19-2005 at 06:51 PM.

Banned
    Pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutz981
    yes sir well I can post old ones at least not too long ago; Also as for adam and canadian I think ur right I think I'm going insane...Also adam could you please explain taking creatine with carbs as you said
    I'm failing to see the confusion. What do you need explained? Are you wondering why you take creatine with carbs? Or are you wondering how you take it with carbs?
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    I'm failing to see the confusion. What do you need explained? Are you wondering why you take creatine with carbs? Or are you wondering how you take it with carbs?
    How more than less...but I think i under stand so when you take it you just get some carbs down too?

your chest and arms look just like mine..
    Last edited by D Breyer; 07-19-2005 at 07:07 PM.
    6'1 - 195
    Crossfit Total: Press: 135 - Squat: 315 - Deadlift: 365
    Competition Lifts: Clean: 205 - Bench: 205

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by capn crunch
    your chest and arms look just like mine..
    I'm sorry about whining forgive me for wasting your guys time. Also My chest and arms look like yours like same size?

Wannabebig Member
    you look fine just keep on keepin on
    05/19/05

Weight: 188
    Bench: 300
    Squat: 375x6
    DL: 375
    Clean: 215

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    :withstupi You really do look fine just eat up and you'll be a monster.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Just keep eating and lifting man, i know thats easier said than done but you'll fill out man your still young.

Your chest definitely does not look much bigger in proportion to your arms

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Looking fine to me. You just need to re-assess your goals and ask yourself why you are doing this again. And tell yourself to keep going and you'll get very far with dedication.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

You appear to have good symetry gutz...I don't see the need for worry. Sometimes we all feel small, or misshapen, and have to break out the tape measure to reaffirm what we already know is the real truth.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

I think generally one has smaller arms/ compared to body as in chest/back when slightly muscular. But then one reaches a point where they are pretty swole or buff and arm size compared to body size Ratio gets smaller.

riprogrammazione
    Your porportions are fine, man. Keep it up.