The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Duh???!!!

Duh???!!!

Quote from T. Blair about the latest suicide attacks in London:

Referring to the latest attacks, Blair said: “Clearly, the intention must have been to kill.... You don’t do this with any other intention.”

I see our commander in chief is rubbing off on him.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wow, now thats a blonde moment.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    ha
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Grasshoppa
    Media says that stuff all day. Hell, they provoke obvious answers with dumb questions. I heard one newscaster ask "So, do you think this attack has devastated some people?"

I swear I could ask dumb questions like that all day. I want to get paid for it.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

there is a possibility that this was an answer to a question like Shaolin said above. It depends on the context also.

Q: Sir, do you think the intention was to kill people or just to create a sense of fear in the public, as the bombs were duds?
    A: “Clearly, the intention must have been to kill.... You don’t do this with any other intention.”

Internet: did you hear what Blair said?He is so dumb. lololol.

Plenty of terrorist attacks are meant to cause fear and economic damage, but not to kill.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Grasshoppa
    Most are meant to do both. Most times you can tell the intention due to the terrorist attack itself. Planes flying into WTC towers? Death, fear, economic damage. Bombing a heavily used train station? Death, fear, etc. etc.
    Last edited by Shao-LiN; 07-21-2005 at 10:23 PM.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Plenty of attacks in Spain and Britain have been designed to do economic damage only. Hence the telephone warning beforehand.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Grasshoppa
    Hence the obvious intention of the attack.
    Shao-LiN

Quote Originally Posted by VasDeferens
    there is a possibility that this was an answer to a question like Shaolin said above. It depends on the context also.

Q: Sir, do you think the intention was to kill people or just to create a sense of fear in the public, as the bombs were duds?
    A: “Clearly, the intention must have been to kill.... You don’t do this with any other intention.”

Internet: did you hear what Blair said?He is so dumb. lololol.
    Very good point. The media loves asking those questions out of one side of their mouth, then ridiculing the "stupid" statements/responses with the other.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” --- Charles Darwin

So now maybe to OP will learn to take sound bites for what they are...just bites First the media beats down people with inane, moronic questions or totally open ended questions and then use single sentences out of a paragraph for quotes for their own ends.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Wannabebig Member
    Dont be too easy on Blair though!!

He used to be top of my list of "people I would like to fight".
    Now July 06
    Height - 6 foot 3
    Weight - 215 pounds
    Body Fat - 17.3 %

Target Dec 06
    Height - lanky and love it.
    Weight - 230 pounds
    Body Fat - under 15 %

Here's a tip: the reason you're in the situation you're in (being a fatass) is because you're lazy. Change that and maybe you can change your body. -- Motivation Gold from Anthony.

well if he is on the top of your list i guess we should all feel that way
    MY RAW LIFTS
    OLD.........................................Current
    weight: 190..............................206
    Bench Press: 300lbs.......................?????
    Squat: 450lbs...............................?????
    Deadlift: 475..................................????
    Power Clean: 285lbs.......................?????

This thread is Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by razorcut
    Very good point. The media loves asking those questions out of one side of their mouth, then ridiculing the "stupid" statements/responses with the other.

:withstupi 100% they twist **** and leave stuff out constantly. Gullible ppl are swayed alot by this.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    Media says that stuff all day. Hell, they provoke obvious answers with dumb questions. I heard one newscaster ask "So, do you think this attack has devastated some people?"

I swear I could ask dumb questions like that all day. I want to get paid for it.

Ok good point, but I would have just not answered such a stupid question. Granted, he is obliged to answer since he is the leader of GB, but why set yourself up like that?
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Quote Originally Posted by Max-Mex
    Ok good point, but I would have just not answered such a stupid question. Granted, he is obliged to answer since he is the leader of GB, but why set yourself up like that?
    He's in a no win situation. It's not a matter of "setting himself up". He could respond in a number of ways, none of which are going to satisfy his critics:

Response #1: As he did respond --- and people subsequently take the quote out of context.
    Conclusion: Blair is an idiot.

Response #2: "That's a stupid azz question and you sir (the reporter) are an idiot".
    Conclusion: Blair is a pompous azz who is clearly out of touch with the commoners.

Response #3: "No comment"
    Conclusion: Blair clearly has no idea what is going on in his own country. He can't even answer a simple question.

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” --- Charles Darwin

I agree razorcut. Lol, they do that in more places than GB.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by razorcut
    Response #2: "That's a stupid azz question and you sir (the reporter) are an idiot".
    Conclusion: Blair is a pompous azz who is clearly out of touch with the commoners.
    I would think that would be the perfect response. Anyone with common sense would have agreed that it was a stupid question to ask. Some leaders are so afraid to respond honetsly, that they would rather run the risk of looking like idiots.
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Quote Originally Posted by Max-Mex
    I would think that would be the perfect response. Anyone with common sense would have agreed that it was a stupid question to ask. Some leaders are so afraid to respond honetsly, that they would rather run the risk of looking like idiots.
    The perfect (and most desirable) response? Arguably yes. The most prudent response? Most definitely no.

Media relations (as tense as they already are) certainly aren't going to be furthered by calling reporters idiots.....despite the temptation to do so.

As the old saying goes - Ask a stupid question.......
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.