Thread: Any Good Weightlifting-Specific Stores in the Toronto Area?

Any Good Weightlifting-Specific Stores in the Toronto Area?

I need to buy some chalk, some straps and possibly some other things. I usually just go to the sports stores in the malls, but I was wondering if anybody knew of any stores that specialize in weight training? I have some time this weekend I would be interesting in checking some equipment out

I'm not sure what section this belongs in, so mods, feel free to move it

I've never been in it, but you could try that MuscleMag (sp?) store on yonge and wellesley.

Straps you can find pretty much anywhere. Chalk you will have difficulty finding. I ordered mine online. It's hard to come by in a store. Maybe some form of rock climbing store might carry something though.

The three main weight lifting stores in the GTA would be:

Fitness Depot
    Fitness Source
    Musclemag

They all have multiple locations in the GTA.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Thanks to both of you guys. Now that you mention it, I'm having flashbacks to walking by that Musclemag store back when I was a skinny ass high school kid. I always wanted to get into weightlifting but I used to believe it stunted your growth so I held off until Univeristy, which was stupid for a number of reasons, including the fact that I've been at the same height (5'10") since I was 14 (I'm now 21).

I was thinking about going to the gym at the University of Toronto (I'm doing summer school there, but I spend more time in the gym than in class, haha) to play basketball, so I'll be near Yonge and Wellsley anyways. I'll probably go check that out

I don't want to have to order the chalk online just becuase of the inconvenince, hoepfully they'll have it at the Musclemag store

YO are you talking about hart house? that's where i work out man

Quote Originally Posted by spanky33
    YO are you talking about hart house? that's where i work out man
    I've never actually been to the Hart House, I play ball at the AC. I also lift there occasionally, but I've also got a membership for the summer at Goodlife

We should work out together one time

I go to the AC on saturday to play floorball. You have access to the AC all the time because you're taking summer school. I'm not. So I can only use Hart House.
    Which college are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by spanky33
    I go to the AC on saturday to play floorball. You have access to the AC all the time because you're taking summer school. I'm not. So I can only use Hart House.
    Which college are you in?
    I go to Princeton in the States, I'm from Toronto though so I'm taking summer school at U of T while I'm at home this summer

Do you have access to Hart House every day?

yea, you do too since you're in summer school.
    what do you study?

Wow princeton, good job man!