The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

opinions on this workout posted by some mag.

hey muscle and fitness or one of those many many muscle mags recently had an article with regard to full body workouts and how they are good when you are cutting.

also all of these workouts are on a circuit with a and b where that is the circuit

anyhow my version of the routine goes like this.
    the split is: a day, rest, b day, rest, a day, rest, b day,...etc

day A
    1a squat
    1b barbell row
    2a flat barbell bench
    2b jerk
    3a pullups (lat pulldown)
    3b dumbbell push press

day b
    1a incline bench
    1b pullovers
    2a deadlifts
    2b dips
    3a hammer curl to press
    3b bent over row

all of these sets are 7x4
    and im doing it with 30 sec rest between a and b and 2 minutes between each circuit.

does this seem high intensity enough to you?
    im pretty skeptical about this routine since its significantly less exercises than i usually do on my normal push/pull split.

im worried that the intensity isn't high enough and there aren't enough exercises in the routine.

since i don't seem to be losing any weight just gaining it lol. then again its not like im eating that well to begin with.

but i was in equilibrium at like 173 and now after two weeks of this ridiuclous workout i somehow managed to bulk to 183. and the last thing i wanna do is bulk more.
    and my diet has not significantly changed either.
    Last edited by PYROTAK; 07-23-2005 at 06:02 PM.
    stats: asian / male / 6' 1" / 183 lbs (supposed to be cutting)
    lifts: bench 185x5x4, dl 245x7x4, squat 195x7x4 (don't laugh)

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by PYROTAK
    im worried that the intensity isn't high enough and there aren't enough exercises in the routine.

since i don't seem to be losing any weight just gaining it lol. then again its not like im eating that well to begin with.

but i was in equilibrium at like 173 and now after two weeks of this ridiuclous workout i somehow managed to bulk to 183. and the last thing i wanna do is bulk more.
    and my diet has not significantly changed either.
    I keep my intensity up by resting less, also i slow down each rep. It sounds like your diet is to blame as far as the weight gain goes. Im doing a full body work out right now and im also cutting. I wasnt losing as much weight as i wanted to so i cut my cals again. Also i would say the weight gain could be from your muscles getting much more rest because your doing less lifts than normal (just a thought).