The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Un-even Gains ... any tips?

For the first time in my entire life (21 yrs), I started eating healthy and weight training/doing cardio on a daily basis about 3-4 months ago. I've had a lot of sucess but I am getting dissapointed with some results. I dropped from 185 to 165 lbs, but at the same time have almost doubled in strength for any weight lifting exercise since I started, and I have gotten a lot more muscular. My back, arms and legs are getting really defined/muscular as my body fat continues to go down however my chest/stomach is the same as before I started exercising. I have lost my gut, but still have loose skin and some fat over my stomach and the same moobs I started working out to get rid of (a little bit of definition is starting to show). Is there something I could change or is this going to be the hardest and last place in my body to start to lose fat?

I actually look really weird because I have defined musular arms and back but my chest looks like that of a chubby 12 year old.

Any tips , maybe with cutting?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

have defined musular arms and back but my chest looks like that of a chubby 12 year old.
    There goes the problem.. so the solution is to make your chest more mass-cular

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks for that great tip it never occured to me.

I have been working out my chest much more harder than any other part of my body. So besides telling me to get bigger do you have anything I could actually work with?

Working your chest harder will give you muscle but it won't get rid of the fat that is already there, it might even make your "moobs" look even bigger. You should just stick to the cardio (or do even more) and watch what you eat. Some places on the body are just tougher to lose fat than others. Be patient and try to burn more calories than you consume.
    22 y/o, 6'1, ~205 lbs
    508/303/557

i have never looked at a chubby 12 year-old chest.. so i have no idea what you mean by that. haha

Post your routine so others can see. Or post your diet... that'll be better.

also post pics
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Wannabebig Member
    My routine when I first started was:

Mon - 15 min cardio, Chest/Forearms , 1 hr cardio
    Tues - 15 min cardio, All Legs , 1 hr cardio
    Wed - 15 min cardio, Back/Traps, 1 hr cardio
    Thur - 15 min cardio, Shoulder/Triceps, 1 hr cardio
    Fri - 15 min cardio, Biceps/Stomach, 1 hr cardio

More recently, I've cut back on the cardio and am hitting the weights even harder.

And in regards to my diet .... Being a college student, I dont really have a set specific diet that I follow but I just try to eat smart. I split up my food into smaller healthy meals throughout the day, I supplement my diet with protien shakes and a mulitivitamin. I dont eat any junk food or anything like that besides a cheat meal every now and then.

Now we know what day you are working what... now can you also post the set/rep too?

Yeah I think you just gotta keep cutting to get rid of the fat.

Did you really end up with that much loose skin from going 185-165? Are you positive that loose skin isn't mostly just fat?

Mint
    Yeah, here's a tip. Or three.

Continue to consistently lift in a progressive fashion over the next year and a half.
    Continue to eat according to your goals over the next year and a half. Continue to get as mush sleep as your body requires over the next year and a half.

Don't get dissappointed or fustrated. Consistency and patience. Those are my tips.

Oh yeah, good job on the weight loss. !
    Last edited by Rex; 07-23-2005 at 09:20 PM.
    "To make a big training like Dimas, you can not be a pussy." - Christos Iakovou

prepare yourself, because it's a big training

Turnin nothin into somethin, is God work
    And you get nothin without struggle and hard work

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. - Henri Bergson.

Grasshoppa
    Why would you want to cut if you want your chest to grow to match your arms and back?
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    Why would you want to cut if you want your chest to grow to match your arms and back?

Because my arms and back are very lean and defined where my chest/stomach is still kinda flabby.

i think you should just lose the weigt and bulk back up. fatrb38 is right, theres no way you actually have loose skin from a 20 lb weight loss.