The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Need help with bodybuilding and cutting routine.

Hey, I'm new here so please be nice! :P, right to get things started Il just inform you of my current situation my past fitness trainings and some other stuff.

First of all, my name is Terry.
    Hight: not sure bout 176cm
    weight: 67 Kg ( I don't know what lbs is *sigh*)
    BackGround: Currently a student in Australia,Since about grade 7 I started doing rowing so in grade 8-9 I nearly had a nice 6 pack but I had to cut back on fitness and focus more on study. So I'm in grade 11 now and a girl i've liked for some time dumped me so thats motivation enough for me to get revange :evillaugh . So I have had fitness training in the past but exactly a proper routine just rowing and sports training. I'l tell you my current daily routine of what I can and cannot do. Practically:
    Monday: wake up at 7am go to school at 8:30am come home at 4pm minimum 2hours and dancing at 7-8:30 homeworkf and thats the same routine straight through to Friday and Friday from 7-9:30 i'm usually out. Saterday is Whatever I want day and Sunday is finish of homework and nothing really. So thats my basic timetable and boundries of freetime.

I also organised 3 pictures so you can see where I am at present with my physique (sorry about my spelling so much for focusing on study aye :P).

Ok, Since i'm practically new to body building and cutting I would love your opinion's and critasism. My aim is to get atleast a 6 pac by christmass which is some time away. Since I don't know how to achieve this and actually get result's I would much appreciate if someone here who knows more then me could link me to a routine that I could follow or make one. As for Diet I eat whatever I want whenever and as of late I have stopped buying soft drink's and swapped them for water and instead of frozen food more salad's. So can anyone help me achieve my goal?

EDIT: Just a note I don't want to be able to bench the most or anything like that I simple want the look and the fitness level.
    Last edited by Terry.P; 07-25-2005 at 06:11 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

gday which part of australia are you from?

the pics look alright and i don't think you look too fatty in them. good on you for switching to water and salads!

i'd suggest you pay more attention to your diet still and take on WBB #1. articles on nutrition, lifting and the routine can be found here http://wannabebig.com/

i also think you look a little slim and that you might want to start bulking before cutting.

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dissipate
    gday which part of australia are you from?

the pics look alright and i don't think you look too fatty in them. good on you for switching to water and salads!

i'd suggest you pay more attention to your diet still and take on WBB #1. articles on nutrition, lifting and the routine can be found here http://wannabebig.com/

i also think you look a little slim and that you might want to start bulking before cutting.
    QLD, Gold Coast. Thanks for the advise I'l check it out

Out of curiosity. In Australia are most schools still in session right now? I always hear about how summer in Australia is during our Winter or something to that effect. BTW I don't think you'll have a problem getting a six pack by December, in fact that should pretty much be a piece of cake as long as you decide to put the effort into it.

In particular, for the abs make sure you do weighted exercises so that you can only do like 6-12 reps per set. Also find out your body fat percentage and start slowly cutting to get it under 9 or 10% by December.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Wannabebig New Member
    As a matter of fact they are its nearing the end of winter here and I'm in week 3 of term 3 so I have another two terms before I get 8 weeks of. Oh man I need to learn what deadlift's and stuff are because I have no clue >,<. I have one of those weight scales that supposedly can tell you your body fat percentage be entering all your details and it sends like a little shock or somethin through your body, either way I just adjusted it with up to date information and it said I was 11.8% fat which is a bit wierd consedring only 4 months ago i was about 20%. Thanks for the help guys I'm looking forward to start eating healthy and getting bulk then cutting.

mm beachy!

you can get exercise vids at www.exrx.net

for great detailed descriptions on good form, check out Stuart Mcrobert's The Insider's Tell-All Handbook on Weight-Training Technique
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846