The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Without getting into who has said what and offended whom, I thought I would offer my $0.02 about posting protocols etc.

Everything we say can be broken down into facts, opinions, and value judgements.

A fact is just that, a fact. If people wish to state facts in a passionate or forceful way then there is nothing wrong with that.

An opinion is an individual interpretation or inference based on facts. We will never agree on opinions but there is nothing wrong with stating them so long as we do not pass them off as facts.

Value judgements are where in addition to forming an opinion, we start placing judgements on other people. These are completely unnecessary and do not add to the needs of the many.

I am a relative newcomer and really like the forum so I would hate to see it deteriorate (like so many other have). Thus, all I would recommend is before you hit submit, scan your post for personal value judgements and just remove them (regardless of how much you think attacking the opponent is going to help you attack their argument)

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Good post. I don't think this forum will degenerate. Unlike other forums, the owner is an active member of the community and will ensure that unruly behavior is taken care of one way or another.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

bone crusher
    I whole heartedly agree with these posts

Excellent.

bone crusher
    Since paul stagg locked "a new plan" I'll put this here. Chris mason has almost 400 posts here and I can't think of anyone who has posted that many information filled posts. People should recognize and show some respect for the dedication he's shown to take the time to type out all of these posts. Some of which are quite long. I will say that he is stubborn in his beliefs, but aren't we all? Everyone must be willing to accept that others will have different opinions, and be civil in our discussions. Now I know he and mac and some others are questioning him and that is ok too. In fairness to Chris, he has also reexplained himself often apparently motivated by some poor questions. Now there is so much great info built up here that the search function will be really useful.

He has personally helped me thousands of times more than MM.com. I appreciate the thoughful and descriptive answers he has given. Not trying to kiss ass here, but bump up that recent thread of BDB's praise of chris's help! Maybe you chris you can just refer people to some of your prev posts because your input is valuable around here!

Good point Doc, my point about avoiding value judgements and using opinions sparingly and carefully was in order to improve the Signal to Noise ratio.

The last thing we want to do is throw out the Signal with the Noise.

You people have to understand that I am always right and your opinions are not important. Do as I recommend for my word is the last.

Just kidding!!! There are many theories to this sport. And many people here are knowledgable about many of them. This is not to say that just one is the only answer.

I respect all replies to my posts especially if flaming is not involved.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

Chris I hope you continue to post

Paul locked the post rightly, it was getting out of hand.

Lets get back to normal
    Last edited by Joe Black; 02-26-2001 at 02:16 PM.