The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: more cardio...

more cardio...

Well football practice has started which means a lot more cardio. So I was wondering since im bulking how much is that going to effect what I need to eat. I guess try to find out how much calories I burn during a practice session and try to eat that much more calories? Another problem is with practice now im going to find it hard to have the time to lift or if I do have time to lift I know I'll be really wore out and wont be able to give it my best. This is a stressful situation.. lol maybe I should consider not playing football? but, I love it so much id find that really hard to do.
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 210

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Seriously, eating is not a hard thing to do. If you want to bulk, then eat. Eat alot, then eat some more. If you are forced to do some exercise, then eat some more.

we have very very similar stats dan, but shouldn't you be cutting anyway before you bulk?

get down to like 10-12 then start worrying about eating a TON... unless you have a diffreant idea in mind
    6'1 - 195
    Crossfit Total: Press: 135 - Squat: 315 - Deadlift: 365
    Competition Lifts: Clean: 205 - Bench: 205

That's what I thought from the beginning. But then I posted a thread to find out if I should cut or bulk and everyone said clean bulk. I dont know though, with football practice i guess it would be easier to just cut and then after football seasion start off clean and bulk?
    Last edited by diesel_dan; 08-05-2005 at 02:02 PM.

Welcome To Jamrock!!!! bIgHwN86's Avatar
    why would you cut during football season?...that is playing time suicide. Be mindful of what you put into your body but eat more. You are going to need the energy to get through practices and games. And do not worry about the lifting, if your strength&conditioning program is decent you will still be lifting, and when you think about it, practice is kind of like hardcore GPP/Lifting. You have to push,pull, sprint. Just keep good clean eating habits and you will be fine.

****edit*******

what is your position anyways?
    Last edited by bIgHwN86; 08-05-2005 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bIgHwN86
    why would you cut during football season?...that is playing time suicide. Be mindful of what you put into your body but eat more. You are going to need the energy to get through practices and games. And do not worry about the lifting, if your strength&conditioning program is decent you will still be lifting, and when you think about it, practice is kind of like hardcore GPP/Lifting. You have to push,pull, sprint. Just keep good clean eating habits and you will be fine.

****edit*******

what is your position anyways?
    True about the hardcore GPP/Lifting, & your probably right about cutting effecting my play time but, thats not too likely in my case. Right now im strongside LB. Anyways im going to take your advice on this one, thanks man.
    Last edited by diesel_dan; 08-05-2005 at 05:06 PM.