Thread: Westside Training ?

Wannabebig Member

Westside Training ?

I have been doing a lot of re-search about getting stronger and westside training seems to be amonst the most popular training program.

I have a question about westside....

i have a very bad back and cant deadliftt anymore from an injury that occured a few years ago. what do u think i could do instead of deadlift on squat deadlift day??? my back has no pain in the lower part its just very stiff and gets extremly sore after i work it, even when i go jogging it gets sore. So could someone help me out with what i should do instead of deadlift??

Good Mornings are a great ME exercise. Make sure to get some work in on the Rev Hyper if you have access to it or use a regualr hyper if you don't. Try doing pullthroughs. Make sure to stretch your back before and after your workout.

Are you having a problem with speed deads?

You should go to www.elitefts.com and post a question to Tom Deeble. Make sure to detail your back injury, he may be able to give you some help with correcting your back and lifting pain free.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Wannabebig Member
    thanx a lot for the info bro!

Find out what is wrong with your back.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.