The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Very very low energy while cutting

I'm still cutting.. making pretty decent progress too. I went to lift today and my energy is SO low its not even funny. Despite caffeine pills etc, I feel really lethargic and weak. I was benching and rowing at least 20lbs below my normal rep weight. I'm thinking about having an extra cheat meal or two tonight just to try to get some fatty meats and carbs to regain my energy. Suggestions/advice appriciated.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

eat more! Theres nothing else to it. If you don't have the energy to do your cardio or do your weight training your not gonna see the results you want. Personally if I do a "cutting" diet my energy is so low I can only workout 3 days a week. Forget that. eat more and have the energy to get threw those workouts and recover well. It is sooooo easy to overtrain when your cutting. That's what your probably doing.
    Last edited by waynis; 07-28-2005 at 02:30 PM.
    Never Giving In.

Sleep more. A lot more. Don't waste your energy during the day. Sit as much as possible. Try to eat your most calorie dense meal right before you workout.

Another big part of it is mental. You have to fight yourself to get through the workouts.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

I appriciate the input. I had the energy to lift today - I will do that much without hesitation.. but I quit my cardio 10 minutes into it. I think I am gonna buy some beef tenderloin and chicken quesodillas to snack on tonight so I have some energy for lower tommorow while trying to get an early nights sleep.

I may very well be overtraining.. my shoulders felt real strained today when benching and doing pulldowns.

What's your diet and training look like right now, and describe how is it different from your maintenance regime.

Well, I do upper/lower split twice per week, involving about 12-15 sets/day. My maintenance is around 3400 calories. I've been aiming for 2700-2900 daily over 5 meals from 8am until 9-10pm, at which I eat about an equal amount, except for the 4th, where I eat 800ish cals instead 500ish.

I don't really maintain so to speak.. either cutting or bulking. This is my 2nd cut in total.

Wannabebig Member
    You're lethargic on 2700 calories? My body would be ELATED with that many calories.

Quote Originally Posted by twm
    Well, I do upper/lower split twice per week, involving about 12-15 sets/day. My maintenance is around 3400 calories. I've been aiming for 2700-2900 daily over 5 meals from 8am until 9-10pm, at which I eat about an equal amount, except for the 4th, where I eat 800ish cals instead 500ish.

I don't really maintain so to speak.. either cutting or bulking. This is my 2nd cut in total.
    Okay, cool. What are your macros like, and do you do any cardio?

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    What is with the popularity of caffeine pills around here?
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

They rock!

Caffeine is great for energy, also for mobilizing fat stores. Plus, the pills are cheap and easy.

And if you're interested in EC stack, the best AND cheapest way is to make your own from caffeine tablets and Ephedrine HCL tablets.

I do a 5 minute cardio warmup before weights plus a weight warmup. Then I do 25 min of light cardio after weights.

My macros are about 35:40:25 f/c/p.. it varies a percent or two here and there depending on the days meals.
    Last edited by twm; 07-28-2005 at 05:58 PM.

@ Built: I just don't think caffeine is very good for the body. Caffeine has a half-life of 6 hours, so it builds up exponentially. By half-life I mean it takes 6 hours to use up half the caffeine taken at one time. So if you take it again in 6 hours, you're still using half the caffeine from when you took it before. Kind of strange, but if it's not hurting you, then I guess there isn't a problem.

Caffeine is great for energy, also for mobilizing fat stores. Plus, the pills are cheap and easy
    It does have postive effects, yes.

I guess tolerance varies.

I take a gram of caffeine daily, and I'm fine. Sleep like a baby, blood pressure is normal, pulse is fine.

I take a gram of caffeine daily, and I'm fine. Sleep like a baby, blood pressure is normal, pulse is fine.
    Just don't die, ok?

Heh...yeah...all at once. That would be interesting to watch.